Photo

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
2187 replies to this topic

#961 Avelyad

Avelyad
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:09 PM

Check out this nail polish...possible addition to the OTT bags??? I know its a little pricey, i am going to try to find it cheaper :)

http://www.essie.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=347

Funny, my brothers girlfriend just gave me a bottle!

#962 Kendall

Kendall
    • 234 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:35 AM

Hi Wendy! 

Congrats!  If you have any questions, just post them.  You will get lots of answers! :)

Kendall

#963 beachbride0519

beachbride0519
      • 161 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:32 PM

Hi Ladies!!

I have been very actively watching this thread, taking lots of notes...but now I have a question...

My fiance has a very large family...we have only invited adults to the wedding in Turks...but now all the Aunts and Uncles have gone behind our backs started booking, and looking into the vacations with children included. So, ok, we can't do anything about that, and we explained that it's an adults only wedding and reception and the kids will be invited to the AHR. Wellllll now a bunch of the family, actually majority, are looking into a house to rent off the Beaches resort....So now I have a new stress.....the day passes.

Everywhere that I'm reading says that off site guests to Beaches need a day pass. We are doing the private wedding reception and dinner, so it says there is a negotiated rate of $150/pp including their plate at the reception...so have any of you brides had to pay this guest pass? Did YOU pay for it?? OR did you expect the guest that didn't stay on property to pay the 1/2 of the pass since it's normally $75/pp for the private reception? I'm so confused, and got really upset on the 4th of July because it was brought up then....Because I got so upset about it (tears, not screaming lol) the family said they would just stay on property if it was going to be an issue. This will make a huge difference in budget....and also the other factor of the kids in our family on the Beaches resort when we were hoping not to have to worry about them...(our honeymoon is for the full week after the wedding and we are staying at Beaches...the family members are all staying as well).....

So I guess this question is just wondering what has happened with these guest passes in the past for brides...who paid for them, etc....

Thank you for any input!!!

~Jess

5~19~12
        Beaches Turks & Caicos

I'm finally a Mrs!! :)

#964 emiliehughes

emiliehughes
        • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:03 PM

Wow Jess,

After reading your post, im so glad it will just be myself, fiancee, and two kids. There is no way i could foot the bill for everyone! Good luck! I hope you get it all figured out. :(

#965 beachbride0519

beachbride0519
          • 161 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:39 AM

Ugh....I really wish I could do just myself, my fiance and my son but that just won't fly with my fiance's family.
            5~19~12
            Beaches Turks & Caicos

#966 TimsWife2B

TimsWife2B
            • 37 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:30 AM

we're back!!!!

I have lots I want to share, but I need a little time to write a review.  I have 200 pictures with me that the Beaches photographer took to share, as soon as I can figure out how to load them.... there is so much to tell!!!

Brandy & Tim
              July 3, 2011 12:00 pm
              Beaches - Turks & Caicos

#967 Brandy

Brandy
              • 2,628 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:18 AM

Welcome back Brandy! Cant wait to hear all about it!

#968 MTruvillio

MTruvillio
                • Site Supporter
                • 63 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

Welcome Wendy5512.  You're right - this is such a great site!  Everyone is so willing to share information and wonderful ideas..  The past brides are super too and many have remained on here after they get married to give input which really helps us newbies. 

I'm getting married one month after you on 6/4.  One of of these pages there is a list with all of the upcoming wedding dates.  Be sure to add your name/date and post it for here for all of us to see so we will have the latest & greatest.  Lizdee do you have that list?

Happy wedding planning!

Mary

Originally Posted by wendy5512 

Hi there!

I am so excited to find this forum!!!  Whew, so much great information. It's going to take me a while to read all the post up to current :)

Wendy & Dennis

05/05/12

Beautiful Beginnings

Mary & Jim

Beaches Turks & Caicos

June 4, 2012

#969 MTruvillio

MTruvillio
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 63 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hi, beachbride0519

I was wondering the same thing.  What have others done.  When we first started looking into Beaches a few months ago their listed price was $85 for a day pass....now I see it has gone up to $150 pp!!  WTH?  That's a substantial cost increase and for what?  It's not like the guest is going to be eating and drinking more than they did a couple months ago.  I wonder if they will negotiate this down if we ask Beaches (or better yet complain about the pricing!)

,Mary

Originally Posted by beachbride0519 

Hi Ladies!!

I have been very actively watching this thread, taking lots of notes...but now I have a question...

My fiance has a very large family...we have only invited adults to the wedding in Turks...but now all the Aunts and Uncles have gone behind our backs started booking, and looking into the vacations with children included. So, ok, we can't do anything about that, and we explained that it's an adults only wedding and reception and the kids will be invited to the AHR. Wellllll now a bunch of the family, actually majority, are looking into a house to rent off the Beaches resort....So now I have a new stress.....the day passes.

Everywhere that I'm reading says that off site guests to Beaches need a day pass. We are doing the private wedding reception and dinner, so it says there is a negotiated rate of $150/pp including their plate at the reception...so have any of you brides had to pay this guest pass? Did YOU pay for it?? OR did you expect the guest that didn't stay on property to pay the 1/2 of the pass since it's normally $75/pp for the private reception? I'm so confused, and got really upset on the 4th of July because it was brought up then....Because I got so upset about it (tears, not screaming lol) the family said they would just stay on property if it was going to be an issue. This will make a huge difference in budget....and also the other factor of the kids in our family on the Beaches resort when we were hoping not to have to worry about them...(our honeymoon is for the full week after the wedding and we are staying at Beaches...the family members are all staying as well).....

So I guess this question is just wondering what has happened with these guest passes in the past for brides...who paid for them, etc....

Thank you for any input!!!

~Jess

Mary & Jim

Beaches Turks & Caicos

June 4, 2012

#970 beachbride0519

beachbride0519
                    • 161 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Congrats Brandy!!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics! Were u happy with the Beaches pictures?
                      5~19~12
                      Beaches Turks & Caicos

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users