Photo

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
2187 replies to this topic

#31 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
  • 396 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

I checked this a.m. and I can open attachments!!! WOOHOO!!! Let the DIY project craziness begin!

We havent booked yet, gonna it in Jan, which is at least a year in advance so I think thats okay. If we don't get a 4 pm ceremony time though my FH is dead, since he is the one really making me wait!! LOL...And I am toatlly not gonna stress over the reception area....you are totally right about everything!!!

I hadn't heard about the 10 rooms booked/free rehersal dinner...let me know about that. That would be great!!!!

How long are you staying for?? And how many days will you be there before and after your date??

I cant wait for the other girls to get married so we can see pics, it seems they are so hard to come by :(

#32 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

Well you have to be there 48 hours before you get married so I have to be there on Wednesday, we are getting married saturday that was required by beaches for the marriage certificate.

Let me check on the 10 room thingy..... brb

#33 Brandy

Brandy
      • 2,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:24 AM

Here it is....

10 rooms or more booked within 60 days of wedding

You get a welcome cocktail reception

A 30 min cocktail reception following the cermony

And then you complimentary room ugrades as well

#34 Brandy

Brandy
        • 2,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:31 AM

Oh yeah and we leave on Monday, so Im there for 5 days

#35 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

Lizz- Do you have the wedding packet? I can send it to you if you want it.

#36 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
            • 396 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 02:04 PM

My TA e-mailed me the weddin kit...is this what you have? I havent looked at it in a while so i dont remember ever seeing that, but what a great bonus!!!

#37 Jordana

Jordana
              • 18 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hey Ladies,

We are getting super excited.....but it seems as though there is soo much still left to do with not soo much time! We are just over 2 months away!  We definitely had to go through a few more hoops in order to be married in a Church down there but I believe that this will definitely be worth it. We are then heading off site for photos and then back to the resort for the cocktail reception...location still yet to be determined.

Flowers Flowers Flowers...ok I really need some help with this one girls! Im definitely thinking of real touch just cause of the outrageous cost of flowers on the resort! I have come to understand that the majority of flowers including orchids are flown in to the island hence the prices....I questioned about having my maid of honour and only girl a bouquet designed just like mine (I have chosen the beautiful beginings) soo simple and quite honestly how expensive can a few strands of orchids be. Well I was told $140 for her bouquet and $40 each boutinere. Then Im still left having to determine what to use back here for our reception. Sooo im thinking real touch it is! I have done some research but I see a lot of real touch florists especially any that have been specified on here are quite booked. Any suggestions girls???????

Well ladies im sure you are all getting just as excited as I am  

#38 Lizzdee

Lizzdee
                • 396 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

Have you looked in the flowers forum? I see that alot fo girls get the real touch or even clay boquets. They are very nice,and look very real.  The flowers are redicuosly expensive, but the more i think about it, the more im am probably just gonna get the fresh. Flowers are something that mean so much to me!

#39 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
                  • 310 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:51 PM

Yes Misti - we are still planning on getting married at Beaches T&C.  Haven't talked with you in a while How is your planning going?

Brandy - great idea starting this thread!

Michelle & George

April 14, 2011

4:00 PM

Gazebo

Originally Posted by mistibuard 

Whew! This definitely takes the pressure off of me!

So far this is what we have:

Jordana: 1/20/2011

Lizzdee: 1/2011

AnnMarie: 2/19/2011

Misti: 3/12/2011

Brandy: 4/2/2011

LaurenMarie: 5/21/2011

This is great! We have at least one wedding each month for the first five months of the year! Hockeymom and Michelle-2 are you guys still getting married at Beaches T&C?

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Brandy 

Looks like Ann Marie and Jordana are before you Misit!

How is the planning going Ladies??

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#40 mistibuard

mistibuard
                    • 444 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Hi Jordana,

I'm sure that the excitement is kicking in for you!! As far as flowers, I think you should follow LizzDee's advice and take a long at the flowers forum. Personally, I'm going with real touch flowers as well. Have you checked out etsy.com? Also, ask around in your town to see if you know of anyone who can make them for you.

My colleague is actually making my flowers for me. I will try to post a pic.

Originally Posted by Jordana 

Hey Ladies,

We are getting super excited.....but it seems as though there is soo much still left to do with not soo much time! We are just over 2 months away!  We definitely had to go through a few more hoops in order to be married in a Church down there but I believe that this will definitely be worth it. We are then heading off site for photos and then back to the resort for the cocktail reception...location still yet to be determined.

Flowers Flowers Flowers...ok I really need some help with this one girls! Im definitely thinking of real touch just cause of the outrageous cost of flowers on the resort! I have come to understand that the majority of flowers including orchids are flown in to the island hence the prices....I questioned about having my maid of honour and only girl a bouquet designed just like mine (I have chosen the beautiful beginings) soo simple and quite honestly how expensive can a few strands of orchids be. Well I was told $140 for her bouquet and $40 each boutinere. Then Im still left having to determine what to use back here for our reception. Sooo im thinking real touch it is! I have done some research but I see a lot of real touch florists especially any that have been specified on here are quite booked. Any suggestions girls???????

Well ladies im sure you are all getting just as excited as I am  

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users