Photo

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

• Please log in to reply
2187 replies to this topic

#1821 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Hi Ladies, I have not been on here much but I'm having a bit of a dilemma when it comes to photography.  I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Ileana (formerly of Tropical Imaging) and would very much like to use her for the ceremony. She has recently signed a contract with Beaches so she is now one of the photographers you can book through Beaches.  The only problem is that it cost $3800 to have her for 4 hours.  This includes 200 photos...and i believe that is it.  I REALLY wanted to do a TTD session with her as well which i could book separately with her for an additional cost.  But I'm having a VERY hard time swallowing the $3800 that Beaches is going to charge me.  That is pretty steep.  Have any past brides or soon to be brides booked the photography with Beaches? Am i correct in that the cost includes only 200 photos and nothing more? Any additional information would be most appreciated! Thanks!  

I have also heard great reviews for illiena

#1822 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
    • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hi Ladies, I have not been on here much but I'm having a bit of a dilemma when it comes to photography.  I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Ileana (formerly of Tropical Imaging) and would very much like to use her for the ceremony. She has recently signed a contract with Beaches so she is now one of the photographers you can book through Beaches.  The only problem is that it cost $3800 to have her for 4 hours.  This includes 200 photos...and i believe that is it.  I REALLY wanted to do a TTD session with her as well which i could book separately with her for an additional cost.  But I'm having a VERY hard time swallowing the $3800 that Beaches is going to charge me.  That is pretty steep.  Have any past brides or soon to be brides booked the photography with Beaches? Am i correct in that the cost includes only 200 photos and nothing more? Any additional information would be most appreciated! Thanks!  

I have heard great reviews on Illeana as well from the site have been dreaming of using her since I decided on turks when she was with tropical.. nice to know she is now contracted with beaches however $3800 seems way to pricey. I don't know if we can budget that in and a TTD session.

#1823 jeno111213

jeno111213
      • 26 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

Anyone know what the sand ceremony items look like? Any pics? I cant decide if I want to bring my own personalized one! Help!! Thanks!

#1824 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
        • 1,088 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Anyone know what the sand ceremony items look like? Any pics? I cant decide if I want to bring my own personalized one! Help!! Thanks!

Ibelieve that there are pics here in the thread from past brides of the sand ceremony. Did you check beaches site

#1825 JanaLP

JanaLP
          • 51 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

I know my friend got married at Sandals and it was a plain glass vase. I have seen some really nice ones online at other retailers for good prices.

#1826 mp7853

mp7853
            • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:30 PM

I did the sand ceremony and have a picture. Posted Image Posted Image

#1827 mp7853

mp7853
              • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have not done a review yet but we chose the Schooner's gazebo over the beach location it was more intimate.

#1828 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

I have not done a review yet but we chose the Schooner's gazebo over the beach location it was more intimate.

Okay thanks I can't decide on a location. Was set on beach. Which package did you choose?

#1829 jburress21

jburress21
                  • 187 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Is anyone on here using a travel agent to book their group? What incentives can you earn for large groups? (I'm thinking 50-75 guests...)

Originally I got a group code from beaches and was just going to help everyone book individually. We go out of the country on vacation all the time so I figured end it wouldn't be to hard. However, we are having a large group as well so we decided to go with a travel agent and block some rooms. I highly recommend it get a TA that way you don't have to worry about everyone booking rooms! We had a little trouble with sandals/beaches allowing us to switch from a group code to a group contract but the travel agent dealt with all of it she is great!

#1830 mp7853

mp7853
                    • 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Okay thanks I can't decide on a location. Was set on beach. Which package did you choose?

I I didn't go with a package. We just upgraded our cake. I made reservations for dinner at Mario's after our cocktail reception and we were in a section that was quiet and private.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users