Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

For all of you past brides, I have some more questions.

First, I think I already asked but will ask again, did Beaches provide wash cloths in the rooms? I know in some countries they are not provided so I wanted to know in advance so I can either include them in the OOT bags or just tell everyone. 

Second, for the reception table set-up were you able to bring your own centerpieces? I am expecting a pretty big guest list so I wanted to do something a little different for each table. I don't want to pay Beaches $500/table for decorations that match their pre-selected wedding themes. I would like to bring my own stuff and have one of my friends do the set-up before the ceremony and everything starts. 

Thanks!

I was thinking of doing the samething, bringing my own decoraitons.. But I wonder if they charge you for that?

Originally Posted by kisha311 View Post

For all of you past brides, I have some more questions.

First, I think I already asked but will ask again, did Beaches provide wash cloths in the rooms? I know in some countries they are not provided so I wanted to know in advance so I can either include them in the OOT bags or just tell everyone. 

Second, for the reception table set-up were you able to bring your own centerpieces? I am expecting a pretty big guest list so I wanted to do something a little different for each table. I don't want to pay Beaches $500/table for decorations that match their pre-selected wedding themes. I would like to bring my own stuff and have one of my friends do the set-up before the ceremony and everything starts. 

Thanks!

Yes, lots of wash clothes, hand towels, bath towels, tub mats.  We had a room with a king bed and a trundle bed couch, and they always had four sets of towels on the towel racks, plus extras next to the tub.  Also, they serviced our room twice a day, so there were always enough clean, fresh towels even if we showered more than twice a day.

Please read the wording about the reception/ bringing your own theme decorations or sand ceremony carefully in the package materials Beaches provides, and ask your sales wedding coordinator questions if you don't understand.  We didn't know until we got to Beaches and met with Patricia that our 30 minute reception (includes full bar, champagne toast for all, wedding cake and gourmet cold appetizers) only came with ONE banquet table with 10 chairs per the reception package.  We also got one little cake cutting table, and one high but small tall round cocktail table, but not extra chairs.  This was fine for our group of 24 since it was more of a reception than a meal.  Also, we picked the Schnooners Deck area for our 11am reception, which already had lots of tables, chairs, and benches nearby for our guests to sit if they wanted. Schooners doesn't serve lunch, so it was excellent to take advantage of the unoccupied pre-existing furniture. If we wanted more than one banquet table we would have had to pay something like $100 for each extra table/chair set up, which already includes the linens, china, theme decorations.  I don't know if this is waived if you have a sit down dinner or not, but the other brides can advise.  Also, they charge something like a $250 upcharge fee for any set up of items that you brought with you, whether table decorations or sand ceremony.  We brought favors from home to hand out, but we waited to do this until we were enjoying are pre-arranged group lunch at Barefoot on the Beach - which was totally free since the 16 restaurants are already included in your stay.  We saved that extra money to upgrade other wedding stuff, do the "trash the dress" session with Tropical Imaging, plus enjoy a private dinner on the beach for our wedding dinner :)

Also - you really don't have to prepay your upgrades before you arrive.  While it seems some things increased in price, other things went down in price.  But keep in mind if you have your heart set on upgrading your flowers, you'll want to prepay that so they make sure to have the arrangement from the floral guide on hand specifically for you.  I did the Beautiful Beginnings package, but upgraded the bridal bouquet and groom boutonniere to the more expensive Island Paradise flowers.  What was cool is that I was able to use the bouquet and boutonniere that came with BB for my maid of honor and best man at no additional cost - all I had to do was let my sales wedding coordinator know that is what we were doing, and have her add it to the Wedding Invoice with $0.00 next to it, so the resort would know to have the flowers ready ;-)

Have fun planning!

Wendy, Thanks sooooo much for that wonderful response! I'm glad to hear about the towels, that's one less thing to worry about. As for the reception stuff, I don't know if I'm going to tell them I have my own decor until I get there ;) I have a wedding team traveling who can take care of setting up the tables in our vision, if Beaches wants to charge for additional setup. I know we are going to have to pay for additional tables because we will have lots of people and children attending. I don't have my initial phone conference until August so there's time for me to formulate my plan I guess! Were they going to charge you for having favors to give your guests? That's absurd if that's the case. I will work around that as well! But thanks again, very useful info.

I have my first phone call with Roxi on Wednesday.  I have a few things I'm going to ask about.  Anyone have anything they want me to ask? 

Also for any 2013 brides, I'm going to continue passing the starfish if anyone is interested.  :)

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/19677/starfish-passing-thread/1360

Hey Ladies!

Just wondering if any of you could give me some insight into the legal documents we need to send down to T&C?  What is the part that says all original and court certified documents must be hand carried?  Does this just mean we need to bring our passports and birth certificates with us when we arrive to get married?  I know this is somewhere else on the board but I couldn't find it!  Thanks so much!

Beth 

Originally Posted by AmberDragon View Post

I have my first phone call with Roxi on Wednesday.  I have a few things I'm going to ask about.  Anyone have anything they want me to ask? 

Also for any 2013 brides, I'm going to continue passing the starfish if anyone is interested.  :)

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/19677/starfish-passing-thread/1360

Amber,

How did it go? Was she helpful or more knowledgeable by now? I'm curious! What did you ask her? Details, details!

I was assuming that she would call me, and well she never did.  That's not a great way to start out.  I am going to get in touch with my TA since he was the one who told me about the appointment.  

Beth I think you send in copies of everything and take the originals with you. I pulled this from an email from my TA. Do you need to know what the specific documents are?

The attached “wedding information and license processing form “should be completed and mailed in along with the coupleâ€s notarized documents to the address listed on the form. (Please advise clients to hand carry the original documents to the resort). I have also attached a copy of the affidavit for single status, which should be filled out, notarized and mailed along with the documents if either of the couple have not being married before.

Originally Posted by AmberDragon View Post

I was assuming that she would call me, and well she never did.  That's not a great way to start out.  I am going to get in touch with my TA since he was the one who told me about the appointment.  

Uh oh! That makes me nervous. I received a call directly from a wedding person with Beaches after we booked with our TA and I set up the appointment myself. I have to look for the paper with the lady's information, but I specifically asked her who I could reach out to if I don't have a satisfactory initial phone call and she told me to reach out to her. I will look for the info and send it to you Amber, and hopefully that will help you out. 

For the legal documents I brought our birth certificates and all that but they never ended up asking for them, I think they just asked for our passports and the customs card you get on the plane. Don't bother bringing the original BCs

Hey Ladies! Just wondering if any of you could give me some insight into the legal documents we need to send down to T&C?  What is the part that says all original and court certified documents must be hand carried?  Does this just mean we need to bring our passports and birth certificates with us when we arrive to get married?  I know this is somewhere else on the board but I couldn't find it!  Thanks so much! Beth