Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!

Kimberlyg this sounds exactly like what we're doing! 

The countdown has begin. Your date will be here before you know it!

Originally Posted by kimberlyg View Post

So far so good- still completely upset that I can not bring the photographer and videoagrapher on site!  We will go with Tropical Imaging off site and take whatever video Beaches  comes up with:(  Other than that- it is what it is and it will be an amazing time:)  It's a private ceremony with just my 11 year old and fiance... the formal reception will be back in Colorado this summer, hence why the video is EXTREMELY important to show on a big screen before the dinner.  I am not finicky about anything else- flowers, hair, make up whatever- just the video and pictures! I am wearing flip flops (very classy, fun ones)- with my beautiful dress and having sheneque do my hair and make up.  My guys have awesome custom linen suits and matching embroidered white linen shirts- it's just going to be great.  I ALWAYS wanted a private ceremony and huge formal bash after:)  For me it's personal and meaningful- and "savvy"  SO ticked about the outside vendor rule though- just have to get over it darn it!  Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season:)  Waiting to hear about the privacy of the honeymoon one bedroom suite as well- can't have an awkward moment with my 11 year old!  LOL! Just Kidding- gross.  :)

Peacefully,

Kimberly

Welcome HandCinTandC! I'm glad you joined us. Below is a list of other brides who are getting married at the resort. Happy Planning!

Wow there are 14 of us participating in this thread now. I believe there may be a few more on the site.

Kimberlyg: 1/10/2011

Jordana: 1/20/2011

AnnMarie: 2/19/2011

Misti: 3/12/2011

Brandy: 4/2/2011

Michelle-2: 4/14/2011

LaurenMarie: 5/21/2011 

Caroleandchad: 6/4/2011

MissKady: 7/6/2011

Barefootidos: 7/29/2011

Trimalusta: 9/24/2011

HandCinTandC: 10/7/2011

Mrszahakos: 12/3/2011

Lizzdee: 1/2012

Originally Posted by HandCinTandC View Post

Hi everyone!  Im new to the site and excited!  It seems really helpful!  I am getting married at Beaches T&C 10/7/2011 :)

Hi Carole,

Check out Megan's thread (I believe her screen name maybe *Megan*). She was married at Beaches T&C earlier this year, and she used Shenique @ Sheque Perfection. Here's Shenique's website http://www.shequemakeup.com/about and here is the link to her Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sheque-Perfection/183027666529

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by caroleandchad View Post

Hi Everyone!!  I would have LOVED to bring in Tropical Imaging also!! I hate that its our wedding day and can't have the pictures we want crybaby2.gif! I have heard a few people say they are using "Sheneque" for their hair and make up? Do you have details on her? Where she is located? Pictures of what she does and possibly how much? Also, anyone using veils? I heard its sooo windy there but the pictures I have seen Tropical do with the veil included are amazing.

I'm also getting married at Beaches in Turks.

Kirsten & Mike

July 7th, 2012

Beautiful Beginnings

Location unknown :)

I am still new to everything going on and wasn't sure if anyone had further information into the incentives included.  i heard if you have over 10 rooms booked Beaches throws in a free rehearsal dinner and 30 minute reception.  I am guessing that would cover all fees for meals, tables, & dj?  I received the pdf file from Monica and it was stating for the dinner and 2-3 hour reception it was like $75 / person.  There is a possibility i will have somewhere between 30-50 people, which ends up being a little pricey :  

Another random question regarding my TA he is stating he does not want to book flights and if we make him take care of everything he will only go though Beaches, which is more pricey.  Is this the normal process or should we seek another individual who may be more open to finding the cheaper flights.  We have dealt with him in the past and he was great, but we are concerned about him not wanting to go through the whole process.  

My fiance and i have not booked, but will probably start the process in January 2011.  We both love Turks and Caicos and had actually met each other at a friends wedding there :) So, it makes perfect sense to return there to finalize everything.  Does anyone have any helpful hints with the whole process?

Thanks!

Welcome Kirsten! I hope some of the other girls can chime in and answer your questions. My wedding will be very simple since there are only 8 of us going, so I haven't really focused on some of the things I probably should have.

Here's an updated list of all of us gals getting married!

Kimberlyg: 1/10/2011

Jordana: 1/20/2011

AnnMarie: 2/19/2011

Misti: 3/12/2011

Brandy: 4/2/2011

Michelle-2: 4/14/2011

LaurenMarie: 5/21/2011 

Caroleandchad: 6/4/2011

MissKady: 7/6/2011

Barefootidos: 7/29/2011

Trimalusta: 9/24/2011

HandCinTandC: 10/7/2011

Mrszahakos: 12/3/2011

Lizzdee: 1/2012

Kirsten: 7/7/2012

Originally Posted by OddLikeWhoa View Post

Kirsten & Mike

July 7th, 2012

Beautiful Beginnings

I am still new to everything going on and wasn't sure if anyone had further information into the incentives included.  i heard if you have over 10 rooms booked Beaches throws in a free rehearsal dinner and 30 minute reception.  I am guessing that would cover all fees for meals, tables, & dj?  I received the pdf file from Monica and it was stating for the dinner and 2-3 hour reception it was like $75 / person.  There is a possibility i will have somewhere between 30-50 people, which ends up being a little pricey :  

Another random question regarding my TA he is stating he does not want to book flights and if we make him take care of everything he will only go though Beaches, which is more pricey.  Is this the normal process or should we seek another individual who may be more open to finding the cheaper flights.  We have dealt with him in the past and he was great, but we are concerned about him not wanting to go through the whole process.  

My fiance and i have not booked, but will probably start the process in January 2011.  We both love Turks and Caicos and had actually met each other at a friends wedding there :) So, it makes perfect sense to return there to finalize everything.  Does anyone have any helpful hints with the whole process?

Thanks!

Hi Kimberlyg -  I am also having a small intimate wedding -  FI , my 11 year old daughter and my parents.  We are also having a small AHR - so I am with you on the fact that the video has to be good!  This is my second marriage, so nothing too big or fancy (been there done that).  I am lucky, my parents are having my daughter stay with them in their room on the opposite side of the resort!  So, lucky us... we get a honeymoon love.gif   We are also using Tropical Imaging and Sheneque is doing my hair and make up.  I just ordered my knock off dress from "Babyonline" and it was shipped out yesterday.  I can't wait to get it!!!

Good luck with everything.  I can't wait to read your review and see your pictures.

Michelle

Originally Posted by kimberlyg View Post

So far so good- still completely upset that I can not bring the photographer and videoagrapher on site!  We will go with Tropical Imaging off site and take whatever video Beaches  comes up with:(  Other than that- it is what it is and it will be an amazing time:)  It's a private ceremony with just my 11 year old and fiance... the formal reception will be back in Colorado this summer, hence why the video is EXTREMELY important to show on a big screen before the dinner.  I am not finicky about anything else- flowers, hair, make up whatever- just the video and pictures! I am wearing flip flops (very classy, fun ones)- with my beautiful dress and having sheneque do my hair and make up.  My guys have awesome custom linen suits and matching embroidered white linen shirts- it's just going to be great.  I ALWAYS wanted a private ceremony and huge formal bash after:)  For me it's personal and meaningful- and "savvy"  SO ticked about the outside vendor rule though- just have to get over it darn it!  Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season:)  Waiting to hear about the privacy of the honeymoon one bedroom suite as well- can't have an awkward moment with my 11 year old!  LOL! Just Kidding- gross.  :)

Peacefully,

Kimberly

Hi Kristen!  

We were married May 7th at BTC ...  I think if you are brining that much business to a TA, they should be going the extra mile for you.  Our TA handled our entire wedding, and was also a BTC bride, which made it that much easier for us.  We were just shy of 60 guests and went with the Seaside Serenade Theme.  Some guests booked air thru her and others did it on their own.  I'd say shop around until you find the right TA who will fit your needs.

Congratulations

Originally Posted by OddLikeWhoa View Post

Kirsten & Mike

July 7th, 2012

Beautiful Beginnings

Thanks!