2187 replies to this topic

#1411 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
  • Site Supporter
  • 206 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 13, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Booked our room!  Looks like we're staying for 10 days!  Can't wait.  Time to start the std cards.  

#1412 Anxious

Anxious
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm seriously considering this locaton for my desination wedding, however, I'm wondering if anyone can verify how much it costs for a wedding there?  When a good time to go there is? And how extreme the costs would be for my guests.

Thanks for all your help.

Anxious.

#1413 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
    • Site Supporter
    • 206 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

I got emailed a few attachments from my TA and my WC is Roxi.  So exciting!  I was told that my actual packet would go to my TA first and then he was mail them to me.  Thank you to all for all the fabulous suggestions and reviews.  Made this such an easy decision.  

#1414 KaraMae

KaraMae
    • 60 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

I would love to know from anyone who has gotten married in T&C or has lived there before, is there any way to do a very low key wedding on a remote part of the island. Like, not in front of the big hotels but away further on the beach? Nothing fancy, just dress, bouquet, officiant and family?

Also, what was your general budget and did you stick to it? :) Thanks!

#1415 jessimd

jessimd
      • 15 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

WE LEAVE IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1416 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
        • Site Supporter
        • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

That is soo exciting!  Can't wait to hear about.  Have a great trip and ceremony!

#1417 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
        • Site Supporter
        • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

We paid our deposit plus travel insurance and my ta told me I needed to pay the $400 government fees.  For some reason I thought they would have been included in the basic package.  I guess I assumed wrong.  Are there any other fees that I am missing that are not the add ons?

Also, I received my email attachments from my ta via my wc.  I realized that the prices for the themes are very different.  We were debating the seaside serenade, but it's still a lot of money. The beaches site states that it's an additional $2500 while my attachment states that's $3200.  I need to email my wc and inquire about that. 

Lastly, do we tip the officiant?

Thanks and happy planning!

#1418 beachbride0519

beachbride0519
        • 161 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 05:14 AM

YAYYYYY!!!! So exciting!!!!

WE LEAVE IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5~19~12
          Beaches Turks & Caicos

I'm finally a Mrs!! :)

#1419 beachbride0519

beachbride0519
          • 161 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

I know alot of the fees and stuff have changed from when I booked last year. So be careful when reading through here for past brides and what they paid. I freaked out when I got the new fees because they are much different than last years.

We paid our deposit plus travel insurance and my ta told me I needed to pay the $400 government fees.  For some reason I thought they would have been included in the basic package.  I guess I assumed wrong.  Are there any other fees that I am missing that are not the add ons?

Also, I received my email attachments from my ta via my wc.  I realized that the prices for the themes are very different.  We were debating the seaside serenade, but it's still a lot of money. The beaches site states that it's an additional $2500 while my attachment states that's $3200.  I need to email my wc and inquire about that. 

Lastly, do we tip the officiant?

Thanks and happy planning!

5~19~12
            Beaches Turks & Caicos

I'm finally a Mrs!! :)

#1420 AmberDragon

AmberDragon
            • Site Supporter
            • 206 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

Yeah I just got confused about the fess.  For some reason thought the gov't fee was included in the free basic wedding with the 6 days.  The only extra stuff will be what we want to do for the actual wedding/reception. 

I was finally looking over the sales kit from my ta and the prices are higher than Beaches website.  I know there has been multiple issues with prices, but it's frustrating.  I emailed my ta asking about it, so I wait and see what he says. 

I am so thankful for this site and all the wonderful information. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users