Jump to content

Photo

Beaches ~ Turks & Caicos Roll Call!


  • Please log in to reply
2187 replies to this topic

#1121 wendy5512

wendy5512
  • Newbie
  • 29 posts

    Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:01 AM

    I am glad everyone weathered the storm down in T&C!

     

    I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Beaches "Island Party" BBQ dinner is still on Friday evenings, and whether this is a good alternative to a welcome dinner for about 20 - 25 folks in a restaurant.  I think we are going to be a room short for the extra perks, such as the "free" welcome dinner the night before the ceremony...



    #1122 KristaKates

    KristaKates
    • Newbie
    • 9 posts

      Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

      Hi Wendy!

       

      My husband and I got married in May this year, and they did have the Beach BBQ party on the friday.  It was our last night there and we used that instead of a welcome/farewell dinner at a restaurant.  We had our photographer take some pictures on the beach (the sun is so beautiful at that time of day!) and everyone could easily mix and mingle.  They started it off with a Sesame Street show, had a fire dancer, dancing contests where the crowd could get involved, ice sculptures, a tiki bar and TONS of food.  It was lots of fun!  

       

      Hope that helps :)

      Krista



      #1123 melissa43

      melissa43
      • Newbie
      • 78 posts

        Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:56 AM



        Wendy,

        I have the June sales kit but not the foral upgrade.  I would appreciate it if you could send that to me.

        Thank  you

        Melissa

        Originally Posted by wendy5512 

        Mdcoug,

         

        I sent the sales kit I received in June, as well as the floral upgrade document I was sent Friday. 

         

        I hope this helps!

         

        Wendy



         



        #1124 wendy5512

        wendy5512
        • Newbie
        • 29 posts

          Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:08 PM

          Thanks KristaKates!  It sounds like it was a blast, and perfect for a welcome/ farewell dinner!

           

          Originally Posted by KristaKates 

          Hi Wendy!

           

          My husband and I got married in May this year, and they did have the Beach BBQ party on the friday.  It was our last night there and we used that instead of a welcome/farewell dinner at a restaurant.  We had our photographer take some pictures on the beach (the sun is so beautiful at that time of day!) and everyone could easily mix and mingle.  They started it off with a Sesame Street show, had a fire dancer, dancing contests where the crowd could get involved, ice sculptures, a tiki bar and TONS of food.  It was lots of fun!  

           

          Hope that helps :)

          Krista



           



          #1125 wendy5512

          wendy5512
          • Newbie
          • 29 posts

            Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:11 PM

             

             

             

             

             

            Melissa43,

             

            I attached the floral brochure to this post... I hope I did this correctly!  If not, just PM your private email and I'll resend.

             

            Wendy

             

            Originally Posted by melissa43 



            Wendy,

            I have the June sales kit but not the foral upgrade.  I would appreciate it if you could send that to me.

            Thank  you

            Melissa



             



             

            Attached Files



            #1126 Lizzdee

            Lizzdee
            • Jr. Member
            • 396 posts

              Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:13 AM

              I saw on Facebook the Beaches will not be open for Sept :( They will start recieving guests again on Oct. 6.....So sorry for any of you getting married there during this time...I live at the Jersey Shore and we had two weddings for last weekend and both were cancelled due to evacuation orders, we had thousands of dollars worth of flowers just sitting in our fridge, which we eventually donated to the hospitals yesterday.



              #1127 Trimalusta

              Trimalusta
              • Jr. Member
              • 186 posts

                Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:12 AM

                yep, I'm waiting to hear back from my Travel Agent to see what we can do.


                Beaches Negril, 9/24/2011.


                #1128 Michelle-2

                Michelle-2
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:46 AM

                  Oh no!  I am so sorry that this is happening on your date.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that another hurricane won't roll in.  We leave on Oct 18th.

                   

                  Originally Posted by Trimalusta 

                  yep, I'm waiting to hear back from my Travel Agent to see what we can do.



                   


                  Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011


                  #1129 Michelle-2

                  Michelle-2
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 310 posts

                    Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:47 AM

                    Was there that much damage to the resort???



                     

                    Originally Posted by Lizzdee 

                    I saw on Facebook the Beaches will not be open for Sept :( They will start recieving guests again on Oct. 6.....So sorry for any of you getting married there during this time...I live at the Jersey Shore and we had two weddings for last weekend and both were cancelled due to evacuation orders, we had thousands of dollars worth of flowers just sitting in our fridge, which we eventually donated to the hospitals yesterday.



                     


                    Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011


                    #1130 Stella5511

                    Stella5511
                    • Newbie
                    • 50 posts

                      Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

                      Re:                   Hurricane Irene Statement

                      Date:               August 29, 2011

                      Following the passage of Hurricane Irene through the Caribbean we are delighted to report that Sandals Grande Emerald Bay came out unscathed and is open and accepting guests.

                       

                      Sandals Royal Bahamian and Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa remain closed as we clear landscaping debris and prepare to welcome back guests. Sandals Royal Bahamian will accept guest arrivals beginning on Wednesday, September 28 and Beaches Turks & Caicos will accept guest arrivals beginning on Thursday, October 6. Prior to these dates, guests traveling to Sandals Royal Bahamian and Beaches Turks & Caicos from now until the resorts re-opening date will be relocated to another Sandals Resorts or Beaches Resorts location, pending availability.

                      Alternately, guests scheduled to travel to Sandals Royal Bahamian and Beaches Turks & Caicos may revise their bookings without penalty and will have their current rate honored for altered reservations for up to one year after their original travel dates (excluding black-out dates).   If guests cannot immediately re-schedule their travel, they will have the cost of their original stay credited toward a future booking to be used within one year of original travel dates (excluding black-out dates).

                      We encourage all guests to work with the airlines directly to take advantage of policies that may waive change fees for those who wish to keep the same trip dates and travel to another destination.  For relocated guests that would like to rebook other available resorts in Antigua, Jamaica, Bahamas or Saint Lucia, they may do so and we will absorb the air relocation fee up to $150.00 per ticket.  The safety and security of our guests remains the top priority and we look forward to welcoming guests back to the Bahamas and Turks & Caicos.

                       

                      If you need assistance, please call Wilcox World Travel and Tours/American Express  @ 1-828-210-8197, email us @ freed@wilcoxtravel.com or visit Sandals Resorts to see why Sandals has been voted the top All-Inclusive Brand year after year.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users