The Jewel Dunn's River Resort

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 ReneeG

• 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:37 AM

Futuremrsbarr13, Thank you,and thanks for all your help. Yes liquid sunshine:) Many blessing right! We ended up with our reception at the Moonstone too,which was lovely. I didn't even care that it rained I was so happy. Another wedding was able to have theirs at the gazebo right after us. We ran over to it after they had it decorated,and had our pictures took there before the next couple's wedding started;) Bride79, Rusty is there everyday around 10am. He wears a shirt that says Rusty on it. I would stick with the resort tour for Margaritaville and shopping,it's not that expensive and they have big busses. Go with the smaller ones for just small groups and non touristy areas. I think he only seats 10 or so. Just call/email to find out about prices. They are very helpful and can set your mind at ease.

#32 ReneeG

• 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

Posted Image This was the precious gem package reception in the moonstone.

#33 ReneeG

• 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:05 AM

Posted Image This is the gazebo. Not my decor,but where we planned on getting married had it not rained;) sorry for low quality pics,my computer crashed and these are off of Facebook.

#34 ReneeG

• 15 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

[quote name="ReneeG" url= Bride79, Rusty is there everyday around 10am. He wears a shirt that says Rusty on.[/quote] Sorry I meant to say he is by the lobby everyday!

#35 loquaciouspunky

• 165 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 26, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Jewel-Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationNC

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hi all-

I'm getting married May 26, 2014 at Runaway Bay.  There doesn't seem to be much information on these boards, but I've found some reviews on others.

Bride79: from what I understand, the reception costs are $55 and up per person if you want to have a private reception.  For the reception that comes with the package, for the first 1/2 hour - the reception is complimentary for 6 people. Each additional person is $20 pp. For each half-hour after that, it would be $18 per person. (So, 1/2 hour is $400, and 1 hour would be $908 ($400 plus $508).

You choose the location of your reception when you arrive at the property - and beachside/on beach is an option.
          We are looking at making our 1/2 hour reception an hour long, just to make sure we have enough time to celebrate some after.  We are then planning on going to the buffet restaurant and eating there (there is no cost for that and they will set you up together).

#36 KLS

• 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Hello all!!

Congrats to those already married, and good luck to those who are in the process of like I am.

I visited the Jewel 2 years ago to do some scouting for a destination wedding and fell in love with the location.  While there, we sat down with Sheika who took us on a tour of possible ceremony locations.  I'm happy to say that in February 2015, I will be saying I there.

So far, I've been corresponding with Debbie, and while she has been good about answering my questions, there still many questions left.  For example, to those married there, did you have entertainment options after the ceremony?  We are going to opt for the private dinner, but we would like to party as well! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users