The Jewel Dunn's River Resort

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are the reception options. I am getting married there on August 31st,and have been emailing back and forth for all the details. Since we are a wedding party of only six, I am doing the included wedding package,the precious gem. It has a 30 min reception of cold hor doerves and champange included. They list all packages and prices of each package with what it includes on their site. However,for single upgrades you have to request the info.

Wedding Reception 

Make your wedding experience an unforgettable one. Each of our wedding packages are created  for Six persons, however additional persons may be added to these packages. We have created  reception options for you and your additional guest.  For your additional guest to share in your Standard Cocktail Reception there is a per person  charge of $20.00  For your additional guest to share in your Private Cocktail Reception there is a per person charge of  $38.00. For the bride and Groom and four guests that are included in the package you will pay a  difference of $23.00 per person.  To enjoy a Private Dinner Reception there is a per person charge of $85.00 for all guests.  To enjoy a Private Cocktail Reception and Dinner there is a per person charge of $110.00 for  all guests.  Standard Cocktail Reception for $20 per person  • Cocktail area for 30 minutes  • four complimentary guests (included in your Wedding package)  • Cold hors dâ€oeuvres ( chef selection )  • Champagne toast  • *This fee applies to all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Private Cocktail Reception for $38 per person  • Hot and cold hors dâ€oeuvres  • Standard Bar for 1 hour  • Cocktail area for 1hr  *This fee applies to the Bride & Groom and all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Minimum 10 persons required. Private Dinner for $85 per person  • Resort location for 2 hours  • Customized plated dinner  • Standard bar for 2 hours  • Champagne toast  *This fee applies to the Bride & Groom and all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Minimum 10 persons required.  Private Cocktail Reception and Dinner for $110 per person  • Hot and cold hors dâ€oeuvres  • Resort location for 3 hours  • Standard bar for 3 hours  • Customized plated dinner  • Champagne toast  *This fee applies to the Bride & Groom and all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Minimum 10 persons required.  All private functions may be held on the Beach, Pier, Spa Terrace or Lawn area of the resort. In the  case of inclement weather, functions will be moved to an indoor location.  All private functions must be booked and paid for at least 30 days prior to the wedding date to  ensure availability. Guaranteed guest count for your wedding is due 72-hours prior to the event and  refunds are not issued on no-shows or cancellations. All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to  change without notice. Please contact The Jewel Dunnâ€s River to reserve any of the above  packages by phone at 1-876-972-7400 and ask for the Wedding Department. 

Originally Posted by ReneeG View Post

Here are the reception options. I am getting married there on August 31st,and have been emailing back and forth for all the details. Since we are a wedding party of only six, I am doing the included wedding package,the precious gem. It has a 30 min reception of cold hor doerves and champange included. They list all packages and prices of each package with what it includes on their site. However,for single upgrades you have to request the info.

Wedding Reception 

Make your wedding experience an unforgettable one. Each of our wedding packages are created  for Six persons, however additional persons may be added to these packages. We have created  reception options for you and your additional guest.  For your additional guest to share in your Standard Cocktail Reception there is a per person  charge of $20.00  For your additional guest to share in your Private Cocktail Reception there is a per person charge of  $38.00. For the bride and Groom and four guests that are included in the package you will pay a  difference of $23.00 per person.  To enjoy a Private Dinner Reception there is a per person charge of $85.00 for all guests.  To enjoy a Private Cocktail Reception and Dinner there is a per person charge of $110.00 for  all guests.  Standard Cocktail Reception for $20 per person  • Cocktail area for 30 minutes  • four complimentary guests (included in your Wedding package)  • Cold hors dâ€oeuvres ( chef selection )  • Champagne toast  • *This fee applies to all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Private Cocktail Reception for $38 per person  • Hot and cold hors dâ€oeuvres  • Standard Bar for 1 hour  • Cocktail area for 1hr  *This fee applies to the Bride & Groom and all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Minimum 10 persons required. Private Dinner for $85 per person  • Resort location for 2 hours  • Customized plated dinner  • Standard bar for 2 hours  • Champagne toast  *This fee applies to the Bride & Groom and all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Minimum 10 persons required.  Private Cocktail Reception and Dinner for $110 per person  • Hot and cold hors dâ€oeuvres  • Resort location for 3 hours  • Standard bar for 3 hours  • Customized plated dinner  • Champagne toast  *This fee applies to the Bride & Groom and all guests and is in addition to any day passes.  Minimum 10 persons required.  All private functions may be held on the Beach, Pier, Spa Terrace or Lawn area of the resort. In the  case of inclement weather, functions will be moved to an indoor location.  All private functions must be booked and paid for at least 30 days prior to the wedding date to  ensure availability. Guaranteed guest count for your wedding is due 72-hours prior to the event and  refunds are not issued on no-shows or cancellations. All prices are in US Dollars and are subject to  change without notice. Please contact The Jewel Dunnâ€s River to reserve any of the above  packages by phone at 1-876-972-7400 and ask for the Wedding Department. 

Hi Renee,

Who have you been working with at Jewel? How has the communication been?

I first spoke with a lady in the states. Debbie. She has been very helpful,but not too detailed. Now that it is closer to my wedding date I have been given the on sites wedding coordinators emails. They have been very detailed and quick to respond. Leila and Shekiea. I'm very pleased with them so far.

Originally Posted by ReneeG View Post

I first spoke with a lady in the states. Debbie. She has been very helpful,but not too detailed. Now that it is closer to my wedding date I have been given the on sites wedding coordinators emails. They have been very detailed and quick to respond. Leila and Shekiea. I'm very pleased with them so far.

oh ok. I also have been getting info from Debbie and was concerned about her being just a state-side planner. But I'm in the very beginning stages of researching. I haven't decided on Jewel yet (let alone Dunn's River or the Runaway Bay location) so I guess they wait until you are reserved and closer to the date before you work with the actual on site folks.

The dinner prices seem expensive ...

Thanks!

Your welcome. I think she is to mainly make sure you get all the right documents in. How big of a wedding are you having? Mine is small, and all staying at the resort anyway,so we were going to book at one of the restaurants for the night. I can't afford any upgrades. I now on vrbo.com you can rent nice big 4bedroom and up homes overlooking the ocean that come with butler,maid,and driver services included. You just have to pay for the food. That is what we were going to do at first.

Most likely an intimate wedding with immediate family and close friends only which would be 22 guests plus us 2. However, we can't really afford for lots of upgrades and pricey dinners so the idea of eloping jsut the 2 of us is tempting! I just don't get why the wedding dinner reception is so much when it's an AI!

hi Mrs Barr I contaced the wedding team last week and have just started to get to get all my questions answerd . thanks you for your advise  
Great! They are wonderful! I can't stress that enough! PM anytime. I swear I will post pics soon. Btw it only took 4 weeks to get my marriage certificate! And they sent me 2 copies which is good

• 1 month later...

FutureMrsBarr13,

Congratulations!!  My fiance and I are getting married in Jamaica next November 2014 and we just booked the Jewel Dunn's River Resort.  I'm glad to see you had nothing but great things to say about the Resort.  Have you had the chance to upload any pics of your wedding?  We still have not decided if we are going to go through the wedding planner at the Resort or hire an off site wedding coordinator to have something a little more private.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ladies,

I am planning the included Precious Gem wedding package and was just wondering the following...

If you have a somewhat larger group like 20-40 do you need to do any reception upgrades?  We were just thinking we would go to one of the bars and have some cocktails and have one of the restaurants booked (since food is included in the vacation stay) for that evening.  Any idea if this is possible?  I would think so but who knows....

Thanks!