Sign in to follow this  
Tanya

Punta Cana

I heard it's beautiful over there and that the wedding experience is to die for. I've never been there, but will be going there one day. My DH is Dominican but he's from Santiago and he's never been to Punta Cana.

My sister in law has been over there many times and comes back with pictures. She says it's so much more to do over there than it is in the Bahamas. She thinks the Bahamas is boring.

Anyone on here ever been to the Melia caribe tropical in punta cana? I"m getting married here and since i've booked have been hearing alot of poor reviews. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it really that bad? It was a very expensive resort and i'm a bit worried now.

Is anyone waiting for the Moon Palace opening this weekend to decide on having a wedding there? I am! So just wondering if anyone is in the same boathuh.gif I am supposed to be having our wedding June 26 at Moon in Mexico, but my mom owns a travel agency and is now pushing Punta Cana, DR and I really want to change our plans since we just decided, so can still change everything. We would have to decide this weekend though since it's six months away and our guests are needing to book right away. What are the legal requirements? Are they much different from Mexico?

I need help deciding what to do!! I'm so confused!

Any help is much appreciated! Of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpugz View Post
Anyone on here ever been to the Melia caribe tropical in punta cana? I"m getting married here and since i've booked have been hearing alot of poor reviews. Can anyone shed some light on this? Is it really that bad? It was a very expensive resort and i'm a bit worried now.
Luvpugz, I am getting married at the Melia in April. I have seen a lot of great reviews, the good outweigh the bad in my opinion. All resorts have their quirks and I think it would be impossible to please everyone. I say just be an educated reader of the reviews / threads and don't assume the worst (e.g. the recent heart attack I had over thinking outside photographers not being allowed got worked out for that couple and some of it seemed like it was a misunderstanding when I got the rest of the pieces to what happened).

If you are on facebook check out the Melia Caribe Tropical Brides group. Also, check out the wedding section of Debbie's Dominican Forum because there is a huge thread on the Melia weddings (94 or pages, a lot to sift through but worth it). These might help you with more info on the Melia.

We had the time of our lives in Punta Cana! So many fantastic resorts to choose from.

The Melia is right next door to the Palma Real (where we honeymooned) and it looked fine. It's all about what your expectations are. I'm sure you will have a fabulous wedding.

We married at the Paradisus Punta Cana and our guests all want to go back. It was a great resort and FUN - we had a lot of partiers in our group (up to age 79!!) and we are planning to celebrate our 2-year anniversary back at our wedding resort with anyone who wants to join us - so far we have about 15 people who are planning to go back!

I second Paradisus Palma Real... it was amazing. I honeymooned there as well and I have been to a lot of AI's and none of them hold a candle to this place. I saw two weddings while we were there and they were beautiful! They pay so much attention to detail that you can't be there and not feel totally magical. Let us know if you have specific questions, good luck!