I discovered this site months ago and then forgot about it. I am only two months away from my wedding in January 2011 at the Riu Tropical Palace and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for
1. Photographer - I am thinking of using Sun Gold. I checked out Tropix but was not crazy about their site.
2. Florists - Tai Floral is the preferred vendor of the resort, has anyone used them? Any feedback?
3. DJ - has anyone used the recommended DJ for Riu Tropical Palace? I saw that one bride recommended using an iPod
4. Reggae band - has anyone used the reggae band? Would you recommend them?
5. Steel drum band - has anyone used the Riu's steel drum band?
6. Saxophone player - we are also thinking about having a saxophone player for the ceremony?
7. Hair and make up? I saw that one bride recommended Debra Baratt of Scissors. Any other recommendations or has anyone used her?
Did anyone have a cocktail hour after their ceremony? If so how did it turn out? They told me that they could do passed hor d'oeuvres for one hour for $18 per person and then $420 to serve alcohol. I was wondering if it is better for everyone to just head up to the lobby bar which may be more comfortable?
Finally, any tips of how to best use this site? I am very confused about how to find the information I am looking for.
Thanks so much!
If I can help anyone out with the Tropical Palace, let me know!!!