Sand Unity Ceremony

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 BrendyPop

• 18 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hey Everyone!

There may be a thread on this already but how did you transport your colored sand down to the resort. This may sounds silly but can you just put 2 bags of sand on your carry on??

Thanks so much!!

#2 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:40 PM

Yes, you can bring them in your carry on.

#3 jenandmark

• 159 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:50 PM

HA!!!  I was wondering that too...seems like you would get some strange looks in security! 

Gran Bahia Principe ~ Runaway Bay, Jamaica ~ November 11th, 2011

#4 JB321

• 85 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 05:53 PM

That's good to know!

#5 surprise4us

• 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 06:57 PM

haha seems like we all think about the same things!

#6 BrendyPop

• 18 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

Hey Everyone!!

I just got back from Mexico yesterday!!! It was fabulous and the wedding was beyond perfect!

I carried the sand on my carry on and it was no problem.  I only got stopped once going through security in the u.s. and they did a test on a small bit of sand and that was it. Coming back to the states I wasn't stopped at all. 

#7 fmichelle

• 298 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

I'd say the best bet would be to keep it in the package that it comes in.  Are any of you who are getting married on a beach planning on using some of the actual beach sand?  I was thinking it might be nice to put some of that on the bottom before layering our colored sand.  We're doing a picture frame instead of a vase, so there isn't much room, but I thought it might be nice to always have something from Punta Cana.  What are your thoughts?

#8 BeachBridein11

• 610 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:59 AM

I love the idea of putting some of the sand from your destination in your frame!!! I say do it!!!

I'm still debating on doing the sand ceremony.  My concern is transferring it back to the States.  Wouldn't it get mixed around and not look as nice?

Married in Paradise!!

June 17th, 2011

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort & Spa

#9 CeeCee76

• 235 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:27 AM

I plan on having the mothers put some of the destination sand at the bottom before we do our sand ceremony.  Were also doing a picture frame. 

I think it might look a mess by the time we get it back to the states, so we plan on redoing it if it looks really bad.

~January 11, 2011~ Sun Palace, Cancun, Mexico~Our wedding review

#10 BrendyPop

• 18 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 07:16 AM

We packed ours with bubble wrap on the way back and kept it in the carry on so it didn't move too much.  The sand didn't mix much more really. You can still see the way it was poured. Maybe if you put it in your checked luggage it might get mixed around more.   :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users