Photo

Secrets Maroma Beach Wedding 2011

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LizC0203

LizC0203
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hello!! I just booked my October 22, 2011 wedding at Secrets Maroma Beach. I am looking for any help, tips, and ideas other brides could give me that also had their wedding at this location. Thank you!!

Liz

#2 2Hyper

2Hyper
    • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:12 AM

I'm having my wedding there 7/15/2011 and I'm finding the hotel's "extra" wedding services are insanely over priced....$900 for a DJ for 3hrs plus $400+ for DJ lighting. I'm getting qoutes from outside DJ's for less then $1000 for 5hrs, full lights, and lots of extra's. I'm trying to find a decent florist too because the hotel wants over $100 per bridesmaid and like $80 for each groomsmen flowers....they are just taking advantange in my opinion. And we are doing the Ultimate package with 20 rooms so we are spending some $$ but they just seem to rake you over the coals for each nickel. $500 for re-usable PAPER hanging chinese lanterns.....its crazy....

#3 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
      • 276 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:19 AM

I agree with things being overpriced.  Definitely shop around!  I'm having my wedding there this Sunday so I'll definitely report back!

#4 2Hyper

2Hyper
        • 15 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:14 AM

Congrats and good luck! What locations did you choose?

#5 SweetFire

SweetFire
          • Vendor
          • 330 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

Hi there,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.   Secrets Maroma is a beautiful resort and location for your wedding.   However for specifics, such as hair, flowers, DJs, photography etc. you can often get more options with outside local vendors.  I know a lot of brides on the forum go that route and have been very pleased.

Good luck,

Lori

#6 criggs

criggs
            • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:22 AM

Hi... I'm getting married there the very next day(7/16), and having the same issues! Everything extra is ridiculously expensive. I'm trying to find a DJ right now. Do you have any suggestions? I just started looking so I don't know of any outside DJ's at this point.

#7 baririce

baririce
              • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

What did you end up doing for your wedding vendors? Did you stay with the in-house, or use someone else? I also like the lantern ideas for mine in January of 2012. I would love your advice.

#8 nicc80

nicc80
                • 114 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hello all, I am glad to see so many SMB brides.  My FI and I thought we wanted to get married in Saint Lucia and after going and enduring that crazy expensive flight have settled on the Riviera Maya.   I am still debating between SMB and Excellence Riviera Cancun.  I am almost settled on SMB.  What your saying about the extras is very important to future brides.  Please report back and late me know.  I am also a person who doesn't enjoy the general planning process and if I am gong to have to go with a lot of outside venders and search around like crazy I may not be happy.  Could anyone tell me what it costs to reserve a block of rooms?  Or if early booking will expire soon?  Are there any discounts for # of guests you might have?

starting from square one bride

Nicole

#9 bpokatie

bpokatie
                  • 45 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:09 AM

HI nicc80! We wanted to get married in St. Lucia also, but found it to be expensive. Are you going through a travel agent? I'm using a TA to book all the rooms, so I'm not sure if they are blocking rooms off for my guest, but i'm also only inviting about 14 people. I wanted to see what the price difference was between booking on SMB website or through my TA and my TA is only a little bit cheaper. So, idk if she is offering a discount to the guests. Also, if our guest book through my TA then my fiance and I get $50 off our bill for each room that is booked. And lastly, for every 5 rooms booked the 6th room is free. I did see that promo on SMB website, so I think that is a SMB promotion. I hope this helps you out!

Congrats, and good luck planning your wedding!

Originally Posted by nicc80 

Hello all, I am glad to see so many SMB brides.  My FI and I thought we wanted to get married in Saint Lucia and after going and enduring that crazy expensive flight have settled on the Riviera Maya.   I am still debating between SMB and Excellence Riviera Cancun.  I am almost settled on SMB.  What your saying about the extras is very important to future brides.  Please report back and late me know.  I am also a person who doesn't enjoy the general planning process and if I am gong to have to go with a lot of outside venders and search around like crazy I may not be happy.  Could anyone tell me what it costs to reserve a block of rooms?  Or if early booking will expire soon?  Are there any discounts for # of guests you might have?

starting from square one bride

Nicole

#10 nicc80

nicc80
                    • 114 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

Hi bpokatie, thanks for your response. Small World lol, I cannot believe we both decided on Mexico after saint Lucia. I'm inviting everyone, family and a few close friends. Hopefully it won't go over 50! You never know who will decide to go. The info u sent is very helpful. Thanks so so much. We are using liberty travel. I think I saw 6th room free promotion but we looked so many Places I forgot. That 50$ promotion is pretty cool. I'll get back to you soon with more details. Did you look anywhere else other secrets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users