Crepes!!

i didnt get my crepes...they were closed smile27.gif

usually i get the strawberry, whip cream and nutella one and have them add a scoop of gelato...

now i am craving them and think i will make some tomorrow...

anyone have a to die for recipe?

what do you like to put on them?

in france they just like lemon and sugar or butter and sugar...i've had them that way and they are so simple but delicious.

here are a few recipes i am considering:

Quote:
Crepes Recipe courtesy Paula Deen, 2007

Show: Paula's Home Cooking

Episode: Paula Goes to Europe

3 eggs, large

1 1/3 cups milk

3/4 cup all-purpose flour

6 tablespoons butter, melted, plus more for pan

2 tablespoons cocoa powder

Pinch salt

Various toppings: whipped cream, chocolate sauce, jams, powdered sugar, etc.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs. Add remaining ingredients and whisk vigorously until combined, small lumps are ok. Set batter aside to rest for 20 minutes.

Heat an 8-inch nonstick saute pan over medium heat. Lightly brush the pan with melted butter. Pour 1/4 cup batter into the hot pan, twirling the pan so the batter spreads out evenly into a very thin layer. Cook about 30 seconds until the crepe comes away from the sides of the pan. Gently flip the crepe over with your fingers or the help of a rubber spatula and continue cooking another few seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat cooking crepes until all the batter is used.

Now the crepes can be filled and topped to your liking. Try whipped cream, chocolate sauce, hazelnut spread, butter, jam, caramel sauce, powdered sugar, peanut butter, fresh fruit etc.

Quote:
Crepes Recipe courtesy Alton Brown

Show: Good Eats

Episode: Crepe Expectations

2 large eggs

3/4 cup milk

1/2 cup water

1 cup flour

3 tablespoons melted butter

Butter, for coating the pan

In a blender, combine all of the ingredients and pulse for 10 seconds. Place the crepe batter in the refrigerator for 1 hour. This allows the bubbles to subside so the crepes will be less likely to tear during cooking. The batter will keep for up to 48 hours.

Heat a small non-stick pan. Add butter to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly. Cook for 30 seconds and flip. Cook for another 10 seconds and remove to the cutting board. Lay them out flat so they can cool. Continue until all batter is gone. After they have cooled you can stack them and store in sealable plastic bags in the refrigerator for several days or in the freezer for up to two months. When using frozen crepes, thaw on a rack before gently peeling apart.

*Savory Variation Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, spinach or sun-dried tomatoes to the egg mixture.

*Sweet Variation Add 21/2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of your favorite liqueur to the egg mixture.

My mom had an awesome crepe recipe, but I have no idea what happened to it..

I LOVE them with butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Also with strawberries and powdered sugar.

Mmmm...the one you wanted sounds good too. Hopefully someone has a great recipe!

I freaking LOVE crepes!!! Best place I"ve had them is in South Beach Miami, in a little French cafe on Espanola Way (actually, my avatar pic is taken there!). YUMMMM!!! My favorite sweet crepe is strawberry & nutella; my favorite savory crepe is pears, walnuts & brie. I might have to fly to Miami this weekend now! wink.gif

• 11 months later...