Majestic Elegance June, 2011

Hi SBTB,

We got married at the ME back in February.  Sometimes it is difficult to get the wedding coordinators to respond as quickly as we would like them to.  After all, they are on "island time." :-)   I know it's difficult, but try to be patient.  Give it a couple of days and then maybe send a follow up email?  

We had our ceremony on the beach at 5:00, then our dinner at the Sea and See and then a reception at the Parrots Bar.  It was perfect for us!  I will post a link to our pictures at the bottom of this if you want to check them out.  Speaking of, we used Renaud of Photosouvenir and he was wonderful!!  Happy planning and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Mandy

http://schultzbeckettwedding.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Originally Posted by SBTB View Post

Hi.  I am sooo glad I found this site.  I am the sister of a Bride to be June 17 2011 ME.  She has the ceremony set and confirmed for 3:00 on the beach and about 30 guests attending and that is as far as we have got.  I am hoping 3-3:30 ceremony on beach, 3:30 - 4:30 cocktail hour at beach restaurant/bar, 5:00 - 6:00 private dinner parrots bar, 6:00 - 9:00 Private party reception parrots bar.  We are having no luck getting a response from the wedding coordinator and starting to get nervous.  Any helpful tips would be appreciated.  Also, any suggestions on photgraphy?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

Here is info on the photographer that we're using from Tropical Pictures. It's the resorts photographer and any other one that is brought in from the outside, it seems you have to pay an extra $300 to bring them in. He responded very quickly.

Chantal Alvarez
809-915-7896
www.tropicalpictures.com.do

Regarding the wedding planning, has your sister been in contact with Sandra? She has always responded to me within a few days through email. If I'm not mistaken I don't think that you can have a private cocktail or dinner party at either the Wet Bar or Parrot bar until 6:30 p.m. But I could totally be mistaken too!!! We're getting married at 4 p.m. on the beach, dinner at Asadito at 6:30 p.m., reception from 8:30 - 10:30 at the Wet  Bar then off to the disco!

Hey guys,

Hopefully some of you can help me make a decision. I am figuring out where to have our rehearsal dinner the night before our wedding. It is either at Sea and See restaurant or Steak House. My two factors on deciding are how good the food is (obviously right?) and privacy? Which would be better to accomodate the 56 people that are booked to come? Any info. is appreciated. Thanks!

• 1 month later...

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP, ANYONE!!!!

I am getting married at the ME in 3 weeks and have MAJOR MAJOR concerns.... My WC quoted me a few months ago at $760 for a package for 40 people and is now telling me that it's $1000 for 40 people and $19 extra per person, so that is $1190 for the same pacakge that she quoted me at $760.

The reason I got a quote was to BUDGET for the wedding and now they are telling me it went up $430 in a matter of NO TIME. I want the price honored because THIS is what they sent me!!! It wasn't like I am getting married a year from now, it was 3 months before my date.

This is not the only thing too, it's A LOT OF STUFF... plus she gave me a provisional quote and she charged me 46% is taxes... PLEASE HELP.... If anyone is getting married within the next few days, weeks, or over the summer at ME or MC please send me your provisional quote... I am about to lose my mind.... Please e-mail me at nbrittell@Hotmail.com. I'm desperate and am about to have a breakdown--- how do I handle this and has anyone handled this before and gotten the original price you were quoted at--- I HAVE EMAILS (FYI)

Thanks for ANYONES HELP!!!

Natalie