Photo

Steaming my wedding dress in Nassau plus my wedding details

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dine.conway

dine.conway
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:27 AM

I'm getting Married at Compass Point April 29, 2011. We are have rented a Stone's Throw Away Bed and Breakfast for our all of our guests. That way it will only be our fam and friends and no wild chidren or tourists. My wedding Panner, Victoris Sarne has been great, but I am having trouble "ironing out" one specific detail (no pun intended).

How am I going to dewrinkle my dress? It has to be hand steamed and the small B&B doesn't offer a service. The wedding planner recommeded I take it to a dry cleaners, but I'm feeling nervous about it.

Any suggestions???

Here are the wedding details in case anyone is interested in what we have planned.

Thursday our guests' arrive and we will have cocktails by the pool at the B&B. That night we are having a pig roast on the beach at the Poop Deck @ Sandyport.

Friday morning me and the girls are going to the Marley Resort Mystical Spa for for mani/pedi. The wedding is at 5 on the dock at Compass Point followed by a cocktail hour with a calypso band. For the reception we are having the choice of steak/chicken/ pasta. And a simple cake. We will have a DJ for the night.

Saturday the men are going deep sea fishing and we are either going to have the B&B prepare it for us for dinner.

Then we are off to Greece for our Honeymoon!!! 

#2 svs22

svs22
    • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:25 PM

I am having my reception at Compass Point the night after yours.  Can't wait

#3 dine.conway

dine.conway
      • 10 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:51 AM

Awesome! Do you have everything planned for your wedding and reception? What are your plans?

#4 loua4

loua4
        • 397 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 04:28 PM

hi,

what is your material of your dress? Mine was chiffon and we just ironed it. It was perfect!

congrats too! Bahamas is fantastic!

#5 smfs

smfs
          • 176 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

If anyone finds a dress steamer in Nassau I would love to know as well!

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
            http://vimeo.com/19177280

#6 dine.conway

dine.conway
            • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

I found a place in the Cable Beach shopping center That will come to you and steam for a very reasonable price. I have my gown, grooms tux, and 4 bridesmaids dresses all for about $125. The place is called Buttons Bridal and Formal Wear LTD. They had a very quick response.

I think I have everything planned, but now I just have to hope the wedding planner has everything in order. She just sent a full list of everything I owe and all the plans. There are several things that were wrong! yikes!! She is suggesting that I wire her the remaining balance because the oversees fee is twice as much for using a credit card. Any thoughts?

#7 dine.conway

dine.conway
              • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:08 PM

Are you also staying at Compass point?  What did you choose for your meal/bar selection?

#8 dine.conway

dine.conway
                • 10 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

If you email local dry cleaners and formal wear shops, there are several that will come to you. We ended up going with Buttons Bridal and Formal wear because they got back with us so quickly and the price was reasonable. 

#9 smfs

smfs
                  • 176 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Thank you for this info!!!! VERY helpful! We are staying at Sandals..

*16 confirmed~9/10/11~Nassau, Bahamas*
                    http://vimeo.com/19177280

#10 Carolineandtaylan

Carolineandtaylan
                    • 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dine.conway 

I'm getting Married at Compass Point April 29, 2011. We are have rented a Stone's Throw Away Bed and Breakfast for our all of our guests. That way it will only be our fam and friends and no wild chidren or tourists. My wedding Panner, Victoris Sarne has been great, but I am having trouble "ironing out" one specific detail (no pun intended).

How am I going to dewrinkle my dress? It has to be hand steamed and the small B&B doesn't offer a service. The wedding planner recommeded I take it to a dry cleaners, but I'm feeling nervous about it.

Any suggestions???

Here are the wedding details in case anyone is interested in what we have planned.

Thursday our guests' arrive and we will have cocktails by the pool at the B&B. That night we are having a pig roast on the beach at the Poop Deck @ Sandyport.

Friday morning me and the girls are going to the Marley Resort Mystical Spa for for mani/pedi. The wedding is at 5 on the dock at Compass Point followed by a cocktail hour with a calypso band. For the reception we are having the choice of steak/chicken/ pasta. And a simple cake. We will have a DJ for the night.

Saturday the men are going deep sea fishing and we are either going to have the B&B prepare it for us for dinner.

Then we are off to Greece for our Honeymoon!!! 

Hi, we are thinking having our wedding at compass point too and we are also interesting in renting the Stone's trow away B & B. If you dont mind I will like if you can send me infos that you have about buy out of the B & B, musician and dj fees and any other infos that you judge worthed. Thank you so much in advance. 

Caroline ( jellybeans88@msn.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users