Beach Palace Brides - Hair & Make-Up?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 GMac11

GMac11
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hi Ladies!

I'm a terrified newbie - to the site and to wedding planning!! My fiance and I just got back from a 6 day/7 night stay at the Beach Palace and we're SO excited to go back for our wedding!

I don't remember there being any salon chairs in the spa or in the salon... Where did everyone get their hair and make-up done? Did you have a good or bad experience? I can't think of a single guest that would know how to do (or fix) my hair and make-up so I want to make sure there is a good place to go to! Any info/tips you can give would be FABULOUS!

Thanks in advance!!

#2 shelbs97

shelbs97
    • 85 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:20 PM

Congrats!  They do have salon chairs there, they do hair and makeup.  A lot of people have someone from the outside come in and do their hair and makeup so you might want to consider that.
      We're getting married at the Cancun Palace in May 2011 and I hired Fernando for my makeup. He also brings someone to do hair.  I met with him when I was in Cancun a month ago and he was awesome.  Has a great portfolio too.  He's also very popular on this site.

http://the-makeup-pros.com/

Shelby & Justin - Cancun Palace - May 21, 2011

#3 GMac11

GMac11
      • 24 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:43 PM

Thanks! I've emailed Fernando and Adrian and both were super responsive. Now I just have to decide between the two. I've seen great reviews for both... BDW brides sure love them!!

#4 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

I am at the Aventura Place Resort and I have booked Fernado for my wedding. My wedding is in Feb so I can't tell you if he is good, but he is the King of fast responces! I was in heaven dealing with him.

What you doing for photography?

#5 shelbs97

shelbs97
          • 85 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by skadow 

I am at the Aventura Place Resort and I have booked Fernado for my wedding. My wedding is in Feb so I can't tell you if he is good, but he is the King of fast responces! I was in heaven dealing with him.

What you doing for photography?

Just wait til you meet him in person, he's awesome!

#6 echraide

echraide
            • 152 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:55 PM

where is he based? Is he actually from Palace resorts or is he an outside person

#7 shelbs97

shelbs97
              • 85 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by echraide 

where is he based? Is he actually from Palace resorts or is he an outside person

He's an outside vendor, he's one of the best.  His portfolio is amazing.

http://the-makeup-pros.com
                Recommended by the AWESOME people at del Sol Photography.

http://delsolphotography.com

#8 amh777

amh777
                • 117 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:01 AM

What are the usual/typical price ranges for outside makeup and hair? I'm on the fence and price is the determining factor. Thanks!!

#9 cantwaitnomore

cantwaitnomore
                  • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:45 AM

Fernando quoted me $450 just for me! I have no doubt he is good, but I think it is extremely overpriced fro even the US or Canada, unless he and his hair stylist do my make up and hair every day for 7 days:)...j/k

what are your thoughts?

#10 GMac11

GMac11
                    • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by cantwaitnomore 

Fernando quoted me $450 just for me! I have no doubt he is good, but I think it is extremely overpriced fro even the US or Canada, unless he and his hair stylist do my make up and hair every day for 7 days:)...j/k

what are your thoughts?

I COMPLETELY AGREE!! Most will quote you around that though which is a little disappointing. I have actually played with the idea of finding a salon in the area that maybe could do it for me but haven't really found anything... Now that we're just doing our TTD and pictures in Cancun (no wedding unfortunately) I'm looking for someone really inexpensive... If you find someone willing to charge you half of that quote please let me know!! =o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users