• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 LadyP

LadyP
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:46 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
    OMG I love reggae! And I love dancehall. All the suggestions you were given are great. I used to work for Julian & Damien Marley. Best internship I ever had.
    So h8n right now. I love the remix the produced with their dad and Lauryn Hill.

we mmust get together and hit an after hour dancehall.

#12 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
      OMG I love reggae! And I love dancehall. All the suggestions you were given are great. I used to work for Julian & Damien Marley. Best internship I ever had.
      OMG Glenda for real? *green with envy* I hope you were single then! Damian Marley is super fine....Will already knows, if he knocked on my door today I'd be out of my clothes faster than a $3 hooker...hehehe J/K....I think :P

Quote:
      Originally Posted by LadyP
      So h8n right now. I love the remix the produced with their dad and Lauryn Hill.
      Turn Your Lights Down Low . . . love that remix. When we were in JA for our honeymoon they played this in the club it was crazy. I've never seen a room full of people all dancing to one beat and singing in unision...of course we were in the middle of the floor...lol Fond memories.

#13 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:11 AM

Yowza! Love all the options! Goona get groovin' on these downloads next week!

We just got Sirius and have been listening to the Reggae and Reggaeton stations a lot -- writing down the songs we like to download as well. Sirius ROCKS!!!

#14 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:29 AM

Off the top of my head I can't remember if D. has a wife but Julian did. They are honestly the nicest people. Their brother Stephen is so nice as well and Ziggy. Their head person is nuts though! She is one tough biatch!

OMG I love reggeaton as well! Love it! Basically I love anything I can dance to.

#15 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
          • 308 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

Tammi, I don't know if you are still looking for Reggae songs, but Peter Tosh does a version of Here Comes the Sun that is really good. We may use this as a recessional song.

#16 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nolaroy724
              Tammi, I don't know if you are still looking for Reggae songs, but Peter Tosh does a version of Here Comes the Sun that is really good. We may use this as a recessional song.
              Thanks for bringing back this thread! I actually am still dowloading my playlists ... so I will add that one to it!

#17 Jenn79

Jenn79
              • 625 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:32 PM

I'm not sure how easy he'll be to find, but Collie Buddz is a newer artist who has some great, danceable music. I've had him on my mp3 player for over a month now and still haven't gotten sick of hearing his songs
                Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
                Review Pictures Pro Pictures
                "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#18 Nic Dragomire

Nic Dragomire
                • 530 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:43 PM

Don't forget to add a little Gregory Isaacs to the mix....

#19 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

Keep 'em comin' ladies!

This will be one rockin' playlist!!!

#20 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:53 PM

Love, love, love "turn your lights down low"!!!! This thread is def getting re-visited when I get home tonight.... Matt and I talked about doing all reggae in Jamaica and doing the more traditional at out AHR.

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by starchild
                      Turn Your Lights Down Low . . . love that remix. When we were in JA for our honeymoon they played this in the club it was crazy. I've never seen a room full of people all dancing to one beat and singing in unision...of course we were in the middle of the floor...lol Fond memories.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users