Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#391 Eva1love

• 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

Hi Ladies... Happy Sunday! 

I'm still waiting on prices for the resort... This has become ridiculous!

I sent my save the dates this past week... approximately a year before the tentative date. These are not the "official" save the dates because they don't have a specific date and the resort name but I gave everyone the month and year and the location... this way ppl will know of the wedding with as much time as possible. I plan to sent official save the dates 9 months prior with more details ;) 

Has anyone getting married in July 2013 received any prices for the rooms?? if possible can you share this way I can have a ball park figure? 

thanks so much ladies! 

#392 natalieblev

• 400 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hi Eva. I know how you feel about waiting. It is hard to plan when you are just waiting and waiting for the resort!  (My wedding is June 2013)

I am working with a travel agent so luckily I have been getting answers I think sooner then just waiting for the resort. Anyways, as  TA's do, she works through a whole seller and so I have been able to get room prices. Actually my fiance and I have gotten our room as have some of my family members.  All these number include all taxes and airport transportation btw. 

For the deluxe it has been about $100 per person per day for double occupancy. 

For the jr. suite is is about $109-111 per person per day " (The best deal so far for what you get)

Then the ocean front club premium jr suite about $160-200/p/d "

We have been checking prices each time a guest wants to reserve rather then just setting a base price for each room because so far it has been coming up cheaper to do it individually. But there will come a time when it wont be, and we will go to the set price. 

This is just for room, not adding in a flight and it is based on a seven night stay. (The more days you stay the cheaper each day is).  It is also cheaper to have more than two people in a room and children over two are included in that count. 

We didnt block off any golf rooms, but they seem to be about the same as a deluxe room. About 100 a day. 

I think since our weddings are only a month apart, and considering neither month is in the "high season" prices shouldnt be that much different. 

Hope that helps! 

#393 disazaja

• 91 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

Hi Eva,

I got the same type of rates as NatalieBlev through my TA for March 2013. I also blocked some rooms on Barcelo Bavaro Beach since they have different prices, not a huge difference.

On another note, Lianny confirmed that to get the DJ for 3 hours with lights, speakers, setup, MC, microphone, and 2 fireworks is $767.

She also told me the decorative plates on silver and gold are $3.00 per plate, $4.00 clear and $3.50 on straw.

so is anyone having rehearsal dinners on the resort? if yes, how far in advance are you planning on making the reservations on the restaurant?

#394 trivera5521

• 470 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

My goodness so then what does $488 that I paid for include if not the DJ and all his equipment? I understand paying extra but really nearly $300 for 2 fireworks??? All kinds of confused LOL?

#395 disazaja

• 91 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

yeah so apparently... the 400 doesn't include lights, DJ console, wireless microphone, MC, and fireworks. I'm not sure what the 400 include though LOL I think it is the DJ and some sound system I hope... Im going to try to get more clarification on this.

#396 JG Corona

JG Corona
            • 47 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

The WC is making a reservation for me at one of the restaurants, its included since everyone is staying at the hotels its just getting our tables all together etc.

#397 JG Corona

JG Corona
              • 47 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

I agree with Sunny, save all your e-mails, because on my site visit they said one thing and now I'm getting e-mails saying other things My weddings in 2 months and I wrote my WC an e-mail like 3 weeks ago and today I finally got a response but didn't like what I read...I hope it all turns out for the best.

#398 JG Corona

JG Corona
                • 47 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hi How was your wedding do you have any pictures ? I curious my wedding is in two months

#399 JG Corona

JG Corona
                  • 47 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Its $767.00 for the DJ with lights and MC etc. that is what I was told by my WC. Fireworks ? Do you mean the Flares ?

#400 Eva1love

• 54 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Thank you ladies so much!! It's great to have a ball park figure because many guests have children and they have to plan ahead. 

Thanks again! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users