Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to this thing. I'm planning on getting married next July. I have a guest list of about 55 people. My wedding package only includes 25 people, does that mean I would have to pay for extra chairs for my guest during the ceremony?

Hey everyone,

I'm a newbie to this thing. I'm planning on getting married next July. I have a guest list of about 55 people. My wedding package only includes 25 people, does that mean I would have to pay for extra chairs for my guest during the ceremony?

Hi Addy!

Welcome! Yea, any number of guests will just be extra. You might want to calculate whether your current package plus $60 per extra guest costs more or less than if you just had the tangerine package which includes 35 guests. I had the tangerine package and there are other extras with it vs. the other packages. Happy planning!

@@LovelyGemini, thank you for your helpful review!  Congratulations! One question my FI and I have is on the information we received from Tropical Pictures.  They require a cash payment or if we pay with a credit card they will charge an additional 18% tax fee to use a credit card.  Is this true?

Also, when you paid for the wedding package at the BBPD will they charge an additional 18% fee if paid by credit card?

Seems like a ton of cash to carry with us if they are going to ding you with additional fee's for using a credit card... :( 

I appreciate you help in advance.  Thank you!

@@NatJ, we are curios ourselves.  We also were curious about cost of laundry.

@@AddyB,  I would recommend booking a smaller package just in case your final head count is not the size of your package.

If you book the Strawberry pkg (25ppl) it's an extra $60.00 pp.  The Tangerine pkg (35 ppl) is an extra $70.00 pp.  Our WC suggested to book the smaller pkg and then you can always increase.  (you cannot decrease your pkg).

Best of luck planning ladies!  I leave in a week for BBPD and cannot wait!!!  :)

• Like 1

Thanks ladies! I have about 55 people who's already booked to stay at the resort. I'm sort of freaking out because we didn't expect to have so many people. Hopefully everything will work out.

Huskergirl - I'm soo excited for you! Safe travels and I'm looking forward to your review :)

@@Huskergirl9 I thought the same thing and was super worried because we knew our invoice was going to be pretty high! If you book TP for either photos or videos, you will be paying for that with your wedding package directly to your WC, so it will be included in your final balance. The extra fee with TP is in case you choose any extras, (like the aerial view/drone cam) and pay for them using your card. The resort also did not charge us tax on our balance for the wedding package. We paid for everything with our bank/credit cards.

The only cash we took was for the airport tourist fee, small bills for tips for the resort staff and cash to give as a gift/gratuity for our WC.

• Like 1

@@LovelyGemini, thank you for your helpful review!  Congratulations! One question my FI and I have is on the information we received from Tropical Pictures.  They require a cash payment or if we pay with a credit card they will charge an additional 18% tax fee to use a credit card.  Is this true?

Also, when you paid for the wedding package at the BBPD will they charge an additional 18% fee if paid by credit card?

Seems like a ton of cash to carry with us if they are going to ding you with additional fee's for using a credit card... :(

I appreciate you help in advance.  Thank you!

@@NatJ, we are curios ourselves.  We also were curious about cost of laundry.

@@AddyB,  I would recommend booking a smaller package just in case your final head count is not the size of your package.

If you book the Strawberry pkg (25ppl) it's an extra $60.00 pp.  The Tangerine pkg (35 ppl) is an extra $70.00 pp.  Our WC suggested to book the smaller pkg and then you can always increase.  (you cannot decrease your pkg).

Best of luck planning ladies!  I leave in a week for BBPD and cannot wait!!!  :)

I didn't use TP, but with HDC, they accepted travelers checks or to wire money prior to departure, so that we won't be charged the international fee that is typically charged with any credit card use outside of the US.

I would advise you also to call your credit card company to let them know when you'll be out of the country, so that they won't decline your purchases or deem it to be a suspicious transaction.  Usually banks will charge a 3% fee every time you use your credit card internationally, but I don't think they ended up doing it for us, but I'm pretty sure it's 3%  Also, my husband and I went to the bank a few days before departure to get cash that are in $1, $5 $10 $20 so that it's easier to tip or purchase anything because if you buy something in USD, they don't give you USD change.  

Best wishes on your upcoming wedding :)  I'm so jealous because I want to go back and relive it all.  It's going to be amazing!

Thanks ladies! I have about 55 people who's already booked to stay at the resort. I'm sort of freaking out because we didn't expect to have so many people. Hopefully everything will work out.

Huskergirl - I'm soo excited for you! Safe travels and I'm looking forward to your review :)

Hi Addy,

Don't worry right now as it is still too early to tell for your guests.  There can still be people who will end up not going (but also people who will be going).  I had to deal with that.  There were 3 guests who booked and cancelled since the resort had a cancellation of only 24 hours prior to check-in at the time they booked.  Then we had guests that still added themselves 3 days prior to our wedding and just showed up.  LOL.  

The good thing about BBPD is that they were so nice about adding guests last minute.  We had 57 guests in ours and It's a pretty good number.  Not too little and not too many.  It was so much fun to have all of them with us.  

Just have fun right now.  Your wedding will be awesome!  I didn't really get stressed until 2 months prior to the wedding when I had to do all the DIY, OOT, favors but that's only because we brought in and made most of our stuff.  Otherwise, you can really trust the WC with everything.  Happy planning :)

Hola!

Did anyone ship anything to the resort prior their big day? If so, how did that work out for you? I'm thinking about shipping over my centerpieces, sparklers and general decor. 

Menus- does the resort print out menus for every guest or do we have to bring our own? If they do give you a menu can someone show me a picture of what their menu looks like?

Wedding cake- my coordinator Laura just tells me to send her pictures of what I envision my cake to look like but I'd like to know if anyone had an issue getting them to replicate the cake. 

Catholic Brides: Anyone getting married in the chapel? If so, how do you plan to decorate and how are you structuring your wedding mass? Anyone having difficulty with all the paper required by the Catholic Church in Punta Cana? Are you also getting married in the US,  just in case? My family is advising my fiance and I to get married civilly a few days prior to wedding back home just in case something goes wrong or I don't get our marriage certificate. 

Sorry for all the questions but I times I think its easier to ask you guys than my WC! 

I also forgot to ask if anyone has tips on how to make the reception last as long as possible without paying to extend. I think its kind of redic that we have pay for just 1 extra hour!!! Is anyone planning a break in between the ceremony and cocktail hour or in between the cocktail and the start of the reception? 

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

I got back from my wedding last week & my days are still so crazy. Just wanted to write a quick post to say that the resort is AMAZING & your wedding day will be perfect. Try not to worry too much! I had Elizabeth as my coordinator & she's awesome! I also got Tropical Pictures for my photos, Malena was our photographer & I am so so so happy with how the pictures turned out. I will try to write a full review with pictures very soon. Happy planning!