Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe


  • Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#2061 tricia-m

tricia-m
  • Jr. Member
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJali 
 

 

yea i am, im going to offer two choices, steak and chicken which are the most popular choices anyway. Im working on menu ideas now.

 

Is there a significant price different to offer options?  If I was getting married at home I would just pick one but if it isn't a big difference it would nice to offer a a choice AND make customized plate menus to each person.



#2062 MissJali

MissJali
  • Member
  • 935 posts

    Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tricia-m 
     

     

    Is there a significant price different to offer options?  If I was getting married at home I would just pick one but if it isn't a big difference it would nice to offer a a choice AND make customized plate menus to each person.

     

    i think the steak and fish are the same price.. $16 per person extra, but i think you could make your main dish steak and then let them choose chicken? I cant freaking remember



    #2063 tricia-m

    tricia-m
    • Jr. Member
    • 172 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

    Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 
     

     

     

    With that said I guess I made the right choice lol lol -

    HANDS DOWN going with the Cr¨me Brulee! It's my fav!



    #2064 MissJali

    MissJali
    • Member
    • 935 posts

      Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

      Ok so the chicken is $10 fish and steak $17....so i guess you have to pick the popular as to what you think everyone will eat. most people eat chicken or steak? b/c i love steak more



      #2065 MissJali

      MissJali
      • Member
      • 935 posts

        Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

        So I think i will make the main choice chicken? and then the additional option steak?



        #2066 tricia-m

        tricia-m
        • Jr. Member
        • 172 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
        • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

        Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:56 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissJali 
         

        Ok so the chicken is $10 fish and steak $17....so i guess you have to pick the popular as to what you think everyone will eat. most people eat chicken or steak? b/c i love steak more

         

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by MissJali 
         

        So I think i will make the main choice chicken? and then the additional option steak?

        Thank you for the prices. I think I will decide once I have a confirmed amount.  I have a reservation for 50 which I truly hope I won't go over.  :s we will surely find out soon.



        #2067 LovelyGemini

        LovelyGemini
        • Newbie
        • 108 posts

          Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Yessi 
           

          Hi Ladies,

           

          At what point do we start working on menus for the reception?

           

          Welcome to BDW Yessi! My wedding is also in April, a few weeks before yours, on the 5th. I would recommend you make your plate choices before you send out your invitations, so you can ask your guests what they would prefer, especially if you're expecting at least 50 guests. And that way you'll know which dish to make your main dish and how many you will have to pay extra for the second choice.

           

          I wish I had done that with mine, my invites already went out and my WC just told me I would need to let her know everyone's food choices at least 1 month before I arrive! I guess it's because of the size of my guest list. Now I have to backtrack once I get all my RSVPs and ask them individually what their entree choice will be!



          #2068 Yessi

          Yessi
          • Newbie
          • 11 posts

            Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by LovelyGemini 
             

             

            Welcome to BDW Yessi! My wedding is also in April, a few weeks before yours, on the 5th. I would recommend you make your plate choices before you send out your invitations, so you can ask your guests what they would prefer, especially if you're expecting at least 50 guests. And that way you'll know which dish to make your main dish and how many you will have to pay extra for the second choice.

             

            I wish I had done that with mine, my invites already went out and my WC just told me I would need to let her know everyone's food choices at least 1 month before I arrive! I guess it's because of the size of my guest list. Now I have to backtrack once I get all my RSVPs and ask them individually what their entree choice will be!

            Thanks a lot for that information, we were thinking of sending invites next month but now I think I will wait. I just send my WC an email asking about the menu and food choices.



            #2069 LovelyGemini

            LovelyGemini
            • Newbie
            • 108 posts

              Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by SoonMrsD 
               

               

               

              Send me your email and I can give you their rates, well what I have for HDC but the thing is that BBPD won't let you use them unless you pay the fee of $1000 for them being an outside vendor - 

               

              That vendor fee is freaking outrageous, I've heard other places like Majestic only charge $300 or so for outside vendors. I'm still on the hunt for either a local NYC-based photographer or an outside vendor out there worth paying the vendor fee for. I've contacted a couple people including this couple at Katya Nova that travels all over but will actually be in Punta Cana for the date of my wedding. I wonder if they'll still charge me the outside vendor fee for them... 

               

              I know they don't charge the fee for an outside officiant like Pastor York. I've asked him to officiate my wedding and as per my WC, there is no additional vendor fee for him. 



              #2070 Yessi

              Yessi
              • Newbie
              • 11 posts

                Posted 12 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by LovelyGemini 
                 

                 

                That vendor fee is freaking outrageous, I've heard other places like Majestic only charge $300 or so for outside vendors. I'm still on the hunt for either a local NYC-based photographer or an outside vendor out there worth paying the vendor fee for. I've contacted a couple people including this couple at Katya Nova that travels all over but will actually be in Punta Cana for the date of my wedding. I wonder if they'll still charge me the outside vendor fee for them...

                 

                I know they don't charge the fee for an outside officiant like Pastor York. I've asked him to officiate my wedding and as per my WC, there is no additional vendor fee for him.

                 

                When I spoke Marlene, she did mentioned if the person taking your pics is part of your wedding group  then its ok, you don't  have to pay the fee. Bc I am bringing my own photographer, I am just paying for her room and flight so I am making her part of my wedding group...






                2 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users