Photo

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#191 JG Corona

JG Corona
  • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi I'm interested in this information, can you also send me the pictures of the bouquet's, my e-mail is jgwedding2012@hotmail.com

#192 JG Corona

JG Corona
    • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:14 PM

Marlene, was my wedding coordinator but then she had to pass me over to Susana because she said she had too many wedding's she was handling...yes I'll probably see you in the salon, my name is Julissa what is yours ? I'm checking in on Wednesday September 26, 2012...which package did you choose ?

#193 JRM426

JRM426
      • 41 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Darn I wish she had passed me along to Susana as well. I get there Tuesday the 25th. I choose the Tangerine package, which did you decide to go with? How has Susana been, more responsive than Marlene? I have to say though, Marlene has been responding quickly lately. I almost fell off my chair the other day when she emailed me back a day later!

I'm Johanna btw. Maybe we can gang up on her if we want something and perhaps she'll budge, lol...we'll see. 

Originally Posted by JG Corona 

Marlene, was my wedding coordinator but then she had to pass me over to Susana because she said she had too many wedding's she was handling...yes I'll probably see you in the salon, my name is Julissa what is yours ? I'm checking in on Wednesday September 26, 2012...which package did you choose ?

#194 JG Corona

JG Corona
        • 47 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:54 PM

I wrote to Susana a week ago and I haven't heard back from her...I almost wish I still had Marlene...but maybe Susana is new or something ? Yea I'm down to go and gang up on her jeje I chose the Strawberry Package so far I have about 30 guests confirmed but I'm probably going to need to upgrade to the Tangerine Package because I have feeling I'll be up to 35 people by September...I have a question where is your ceremony & reception going to be held ? I have mine set up for a Beach Ceremony and the Reception I'm still not sure she told me the Banquet Hall but I haven't even seen a picture of what it looks like or anything ? I rather have something outside like on a terrace or roof top...

I must say I am excited and I look forward to it...I'm actually going to visit them in June to check out the resort and reception area's available. I can probably get a better idea of things once I go down their.

#195 JRM426

JRM426
          • 41 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:07 AM

My family is from DR so my guest list right now is up to 60 and I suspect it'll be in the 80's by the time the total is tallied up, which is why we chose the Tangerine package. 35 is such a nice number, I kind of wish I had a smaller wedding....I'm getting married at the garden gazebo and the reception is in Bar Higuey in the convention center. The ballroom is a regular looking ballroom....if I were you I'd see if you can get a beach reception...it'd be a lot nicer than being indoors. She had also given me the option of using the Presidential Suite at one point but it's pricey to book for one night; it's really nice though and accomodates your number of guests. 

Is yours a symbolic or civil wedding? Right now ours is civil but the paperwork hassle is making me want to just get married here in the states and do the symbolic wedding down there. Besides, we could only get the judge for Friday since he's not available on Saturday so technically the ceremony will be symbolic. Eh, we'll see.

Have fun during your visit. We met Marlene last year in August...I think I made the mistake of speaking Spanish and she wasn't the most receptive person to deal with...when we do end up arriving in September, I'm sticking to English!

If I can help you in any way, let me know.

-Johanna (aka JRM426)

Originally Posted by JG Corona 

I wrote to Susana a week ago and I haven't heard back from her...I almost wish I still had Marlene...but maybe Susana is new or something ? Yea I'm down to go and gang up on her jeje I chose the Strawberry Package so far I have about 30 guests confirmed but I'm probably going to need to upgrade to the Tangerine Package because I have feeling I'll be up to 35 people by September...I have a question where is your ceremony & reception going to be held ? I have mine set up for a Beach Ceremony and the Reception I'm still not sure she told me the Banquet Hall but I haven't even seen a picture of what it looks like or anything ? I rather have something outside like on a terrace or roof top...

I must say I am excited and I look forward to it...I'm actually going to visit them in June to check out the resort and reception area's available. I can probably get a better idea of things once I go down their.

#196 JG Corona

JG Corona
            • 47 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:39 AM

My family is from DR too, from Santiago & some from the Capital...the reason its 35 its due to the price of the flights and rooms =( I invited about 150 but not everyone was able to afford it or get off work. So this will be cool, okay I'll talk English when I go jeje...thank you for the advice...Have you met Susana ? I haven't even heard back from her and I e-mailed her a week ago. 

#197 disazaja

disazaja
              • 91 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:25 AM

Good morning all!!!!

I am trying to get more information on the wedding packages at BBPD but as you know, it is a MISSION to get an answer from them.

how does the process work???? I know the date I want, the type of ceremony and the package (BBPD knows all this info already). Whats the next step???? and hows the planning process? do you decide everything (flowers/cake/reception venue,etc) over email or you actually go there and decide? Also, has anyone been married at the chapel, what are your thoughts about the chapel? Do you know what ceremony times are available in the chapel?????

I need help PLEASEEEE!! I am sooo frustated with the lack of information!

Thank you!!! :)

#198 trivera5521

trivera5521
                • 470 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:09 AM

Disa...welcome to the BBPD forum!! There is a ton of info on here I would def spend some time going over the pages you will probably find most of your questions answered right here. The first step would be to email the WC and submit a reservation request form with your date. Take a look at the package options and decide what works best for your party. Once she responds and advises whether your date is available or not you will be required to pay 30% of the package to hold your space. I did a site visit in Feb and can share some pictures as well as the forms and packages that you will need, whats your email address?

On another note, ladies by this point you all know that BBPD uses Tropical Pictures. For those that have their weddings in a few months have you booked them, Johanna, Octbride, Corona? What has your experience been so far? I have been searching high and low for a video of someones wedding that they have done in the past and cant seem to find one. Or even a bride that has directly dealt with them and can share her picture album. Feel so bullied to use them grrrr

#199 disazaja

disazaja
                  • 91 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

Thank you so much trivera5521!!!! I'm going to read through the posts!!!

I would really love to see some pics!!! my email is disazaja@gmail.com

Thanks again and good luck to all brides in their planning! SOOO STRESSFUL!

#200 disazaja

disazaja
                    • 91 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi Oct 2012 bride!!!

Im new to the blog!! do you mind emailing me the centerpieces pdf? I can't download them

disazaja@gmail.com

Thank you so much for all the info and pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users