Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post

Email the same person and the person in charge is Daniela Gatas, she is the manager in the wedding department and will assign a new WC for you. I called my WC and she told me to inform you of this :)

Thanks! I finally received a response from Daniela and now Aris is my WC! Feeling much better now!

Hello ladies! I have been following this board for several months now and I must say it has been very helpful. My wedding was on Aug 17 2013 and I just wanted to do a review. I found the previous reviews posted by others to be very helpful so this is my way of giving back. We arrived at Barcelo on Aug 14. Me and my husband were so excited to be there. We were expecting 31 guest and I chose the strawberry package. My wedding was Aug 17 at the garden gazebo at 11 am. We booked at the barcelo bavaro beach Aug 14-21. When we got we found out that we did not have a reservation to stay at the hotel until the next day. This was no fault of the hotel but of Expedia. We ended up paying $200 for the 14th brecuz Expedia claimed that there was nothing that they could do. We also got a $200 voucher from them for a future trip. Their customer service is terrible surprise we were able to get that out of them. My original wedding coordinator was Marlene who I had been working since Nov of 2012.it was through this sight that I found out that she was no longer working at bavaro. When I found this out it was two weeks away from my wedding. Immediatley called the hotel and it was confirmed that she was no longer with the resort. I spoke to Hildebrandba who advised me that she would take over my wedding. I was a little irritated because I felt that nobody would of advised me about this if wouldn't of called. The reason I am mentioning this is because when Marlene left the wedding dept did not assign my wedding to someone else. The front desk did not even know that I was a bride. It was sooo irritating. I had to ask for my upgrade which they did not do right. When the bell man took us to the room it had not been cleaned and they put us in a room with two double beds for one night. The next day we had our meeting with Hildabrandba which went very well. she did an excellent job at arranging the appointments at the spa and putting all the wedding details together.There were no surprises at all. Hildabrandba assured me that she had spoken to the front desk and that my upgraded room would be ready in a couple of hours. The next day was Friday and I had my massage that came with my package, manicure and pedicure and I had my hair washed and blow dried then we had our reherssal dinner that night at the steak house.Dinner went well. Saturday was the day of the wedding. I got to the spa at 8 am. They did my hair and make up. The photogragher came at 10am and started to take pics of me getting ready. The girl did my hair very well, but struggled with the make up. This was not her fault she just did not have the right colors. The make up that the spa had was very matte. So we had to keep working with the make up. Thank god i brought my own foundation and primer if I wouldn't of done that I don't know what I would of done. I wish I would of brought more of my own make up. If I would of done that I would not of been late to the ceremony. I would recommend that if you have dark skin to bring your own make up because they don't have a broad selection at the spa. Once make up was done we did more pics and got my dress on. The brides maids were taken first and then they came back for me and my maid of honor. My ceremony was at the garden gazebo .we did the ceremony then we did our 1 hour photo shoot with our photographer. We got the silver package with tropical pictures which included getting ready pics for the bride, pics at the ceremony and an hour photo shoot with bride and groom which included pics at the garden, hotel and the beach. Then we went to the reception at ibiza ballroom. The reception was AMAZING!! We had DJ Mania with the m.c. They did such a good job!!! They played all the music that we asked for and kept the recption flowing nicely. The food was also good. We had the sirloin steak Parisian and pesto marinated chicken. We had salad as appetizer and creme brulee for dessert. All of our guest loved the food. I can say that the steak was better than the steak we had at the steakhouse the night before. No complaints about the reception. We had a good time and our guest enjoyed it. There wasnt any transportation back to the lobby for our guest. I thought Hildebrandba should have arranged being the majority of our guest were staying at the beach. After the wedding we went our separate ways and everyone met at the pool after going to their rooms and changing into their swim wear. The rest of the days went well. We ate at Mexico lindo,el coral,el kiyoto and chez gourmet. The buffets at the bavaro were good as well.The resort offers a lot of excursions which we and our guest all enjoyed. The day before we left we went to see our pictures at tropical pictures. The pictures were AMAZING! Our photographer did a wonderful job! We were very pleased with her work and even purchased additional photos. I have stayed at the barcelo bavaro deluxe in 2010 and I Liked my stay there better than the beach. The rooms on that side were nicer because the junior suites come with a jacuzzi on the balcony and the staff there is more organized. We had so many inconviences at the beach. We stayed there seven days and we switched rooms 3 times. We switched rooms twice when we first arrived and then we had to switch rooms again because after having technicians in our rooms for two hours because the air conditioning went out, We were switched to another room and we got to that room the t.v.wasn't working so we had to call the technicians again to come and fix it. To sum it up I would say that they wedding went very well. The resort is beautiful and well kept. There a few bumps along the way but everything went well and my husband and I were pleased with how everything turned out. All of of our guest loved the wedding and the resort. The wedding dept does a very good job at this resort.It may not look like everything is coming together but it will once you get there. Don't stress.

Hello ladies! I have been following this board for several months now and I must say it has been very helpful. My wedding was on Aug 17 2013 and I just wanted to do a review. I found the previous reviews posted by others to be very helpful so this is my way of giving back. We arrived at Barcelo on Aug 14. Me and my husband were so excited to be there. We were expecting 31 guest and I chose the strawberry package. My wedding was Aug 17 at the garden gazebo at 11 am. We booked at the barcelo bavaro beach Aug 14-21. When we got we found out that we did not have a reservation to stay at the hotel until the next day. This was no fault of the hotel but of Expedia. We ended up paying $200 for the 14th brecuz Expedia claimed that there was nothing that they could do. We also got a $200 voucher from them for a future trip. Their customer service is terrible surprise we were able to get that out of them. My original wedding coordinator was Marlene who I had been working since Nov of 2012.it was through this sight that I found out that she was no longer working at bavaro. When I found this out it was two weeks away from my wedding. Immediatley called the hotel and it was confirmed that she was no longer with the resort. I spoke to Hildebrandba who advised me that she would take over my wedding. OK was a little irritated because I felt that if nobody would of advised about this if wouldn't of called. The reason I am mentioning this is because when Marlene left and the wedding dept did not assign my wedding to someone else the front desk did not even know that I was a bride. It was sooo irritating. I had to ask for my upgrade which they did not do right. When the bell man took us to the room it had not been cleaned and they put us in a room with two double beds for one night. The next day we had our meeting with Hildabrandba which went very well. she did an excellent job at arranging the appointments at the spa and putting g all the details together all the details of the wedding. There were no surprises at all. Hildabrandba assured me that she had spoken to the front desk and that my upgraded would be ready in a couple of hours. The next day was Friday and I had my massage that came with my package, manicure and pedicure and I had my hair washed and blow dried then we had our rehersla dinner that night at the steak.Dinner went well. Saturday was the day of the wedding. I got to the spa at 8 am. They did my hair and make up. The photogragher came at 10am and started to take pics of me getting ready. The girl did my hair very well, but struggled with the make up. This was not her fault she just did not have the right colors. The make that the spa had was very matte. So we had to keep working with the eye shadow. Thank god a brought my own foundation and primer if I wouldn't of done that I don't know what I would of done. I wish I would of brought more of my own make up. If I would hadtje right colors I would not of been late to the ceremony. I would recoomend that if you have dark to bring your own make up because they don't have a broad selection at the spa. Once make up was done we did more pics and got my dress on. The brides maid was taken first and then they came back for me and my amid of honor. My ceremony was at the garden gazebo at we did the ceremony then we did our hour photo shoot with our photographer. We got the silver package with tropical pictures and we got getting ready pics for the bride, pics at the ceremony and an hour photo shoot with bride and groom which included pics at the garden, hotel and the beach. Then we went to the reception was at the ibiza ballroom. The reception was AMAZING!! We had DJ Mania with the m.c. They did such a good job!!! They played all the music that we asked for and kept the recption flowing nicely. The food was also good. We had the sirloin steak Parisian and pesto marinated chicken. We had salad as appetizer and creme brulee for dessert. All of our guest loved the food. I can say that the steak was better than the steak we had at the steakhouse the night before. No complaints about the reception. We had a good time and our guest enjoyed it. There wasnt any transportation back to the lobby for our guest. I thought Hildebrandba should have arranged being the majority of our guest were staying at the beach. After the wedding we went our separate ways and everyone me at the pool after going to their rooms and changing their swim wear. The rest of the days went well. We ate at Mexico lindo,el coral,el kiyoto and chez gourmet. The buffets at the bavaro were good as well.The resort offers a lot of excursions which we and our guest all enjoyed. The day before we left we went to see our pictures at tropical pictures. The pictures AMAZING! Our photographer did a wonderful job. We were very pleased with her work and even purchased additional photos. I have stayed at the barcelo bavaro deluxe in 2010 and I Liked my stay better than the beach. The rooms on that side were nicer because the junior suites come with a jacuzzi on the balcony and the staff there is more organized. We had so many inconviences at the beach. We stayed there seven days and we switched rooms 3 times. We switche rooms when we first for there and then we had to switch rooms again because after having technicians in our rooms for two hours because the air conditioning went out. We were switched to another room and we got got to that room the t.v.wasn't working so had to call the technicians again to come and fix it. To sum it up I would say that they wedding went very well. The resort is beautiful and well kept. There a few bumps along the way but everything went and my husband were pleases with how everything turned out. All of of our guest loved wedding and the resort. The wed doing dept does a very good job at this resort.it may not look like everything like everything is coming but it will once you get there. Don't stress. CancelEditReply #1871 of 1871 a day ago SoonMrsD Quote: Originally Posted by llewald Thanks! I finally received a response from Daniela and now Aris is my WC! Feeling much better now! Awesome! She's my WC too and she's the sweetest. She answers all my questions quick and efficiently. Good Luck! #1870 of 1871 a day ago llewald Quote: Originally Posted by SoonMrsD Email the same person and the person in charge is Daniela Gatas, she is the manager in the wedding department and will assign a new WC for you. I called my WC and she told me to inform you of this :) Thanks! I finally received a response from Daniela and now Aris is my WC! Feeling much better now! #1869 of 1871 2 days ago alycamille Quote: Originally Posted by llewald Ladies- Anybody have a different email for a WC?? After Marlene quit, I have yet to hear from anybody and I am starting to get really frustrated. It has been weeks and nobody will respond! Wedding is in Feb, deposit is made, and waiting to hear back! The only email I have is bavaro.bodas@barcelo.com MrsD's advice sounds good! But just in case... I have Susana & she uses bavaro.weddings@barcelo.com :) #1868 of 1871 2 days ago alycamille Quote: Originally Posted by LovelyGemini Of course, this forum is one of the few, if not only resources we bbpd brides have to get info, always willing to share whatever info I can get. Aris told me that conditional on how many guests I end up having, since it's a large group (we're expecting at least 100-120, maybe even 150!) she could allow me to rent the cylinder vase with the mirrored plate at $20 a table. For once, I actually got them to bend a little and all I did was say I'd bring my own flowers LOL. Give it a shot, looks like they're willing to bargain on some stuff. Now let's see what I can do with that darn drapery! I'd bring flowers too if it saves me from spending $50 per table lol! I have Susana, so I'll try & see what she says for centerpieces. Thanks! #1867 of 1871 2 days ago SoonMrsD Quote: Originally Posted by llewald Ladies- Anybody have a different email for a WC?? After Marlene quit, I have yet to hear from anybody and I am starting to get really frustrated. It has been weeks and nobody will respond! Wedding is in Feb, deposit is made, and waiting to hear back! The only email I have is bavaro.bodas@barcelo.com Email the same person and the person in charge is Daniela Gatas, she is the manager in the wedding department and will assign a new WC for you. I called my WC and she told me to inform you of this :) #1866 of 1871 3 days ago llewald Ladies- Anybody have a different email for a WC?? After Marlene quit, I have yet to hear from anybody and I am starting to get really frustrated. It has been weeks and nobody will respond! Wedding is in Feb, deposit is made, and waiting to hear back! The only email I have is bavaro.bodas@barcelo.com #1865 of 1871 4 days ago minigodiva Quote: Originally Posted by LovelyGemini Tell me about girl, every time I go back and look at our budgeting and costs I have to pour myself a big glass of wine first! The only saving grace is the fact that I know I would be paying more for a wedding here at home with all the people who would come. haha. same here on both. #1864 of 1871 4 days ago minigodiva Quote: Originally Posted by MissJali I just received confirmation basic draping is included in my package for bar higuey. Maybe it's using colored draping that costs more? Yea, susana told me it's included too. I also have the tangerine package. #1863 of 1871 4 days ago minigodiva Quote: Originally Posted by LovelyGemini Hey ladies, so I've been hounding Aris because I refuse to pay $50 for each centerpiece and finally told her I'm willing to bring my own flowers for the centerpiece (I heard they use fake ones anyway!) and the votive candles. She finally told me they can rent a cylinder vase at $15 per table. I'm waiting to hear if this includes the mirrored plate as well, which makes it wayyyy more affordable. She sent me a photo of the cylinder vase and I'm also waiting for her to send me the dimensions of it. Here is the sample photo she sent me. Also, I found out that the tangerine package table decor allows you to choose one of the following: 1. colored tablecloth 2. white tablecloth with color runner 3. white tablecloth with a topper? not sure what she meant by that, I'm not really a decor expert (LOL) but she attached the following photos: Last but not least, she also attached the included centerpiece everyone has talking about, which is not terrible, but I'm more a fan of taller centerpieces. thanks for the pictures and info :) #1862 of 1871 4 days ago MissJali Junior Member Quote: Originally Posted by tricia-m Screw the colored draping! AMEN that the draping that we've been seeing in the pictures are included. It was hard to picture the bar higuey without it. it might only be the tangerine. package but again, that's the package that includes bar higuey anyway Best Destination Wedding would like to say thank you to our site Sponsors! FAQ · Support · Feedback · Sign Out MobileDesktop © 2013 Best Destination Wedding is powered by Huddler Fashion & Lifestyle

WEDDING REVIEW BibiHello Ladies!!!  I have been following this board for several months now and I must say it has been very helpful.  My wedding on Aug 17, 2013 at 11 am at the Garden Gazeebo. I chose the strawberry package and had 31 people. I want to do a review because I found the reviews by others to be very helpful and this my way of giving back. We  arrived at Barceló on Aug 14. Me and my husband were so excited to be there.  We booked at the Barceló Bavaro Beach from Aug 14-21.  When we arrived we found out that  we did not have a reservation for the 14th. Our reservation was booked to start for the 15th. This was no fault of the hotel but of expedia.  We ended up paying an additional  $200 for the 14th.   Expedia acknowledged that it was there fault that the reservation was not booked for the 14 but claimed that they could not do anything about it because the reservation was already made. They claimed that they could not comp us  the room and gave us a $200 voucher for a future trip. The customer service is terrible and I am surprised that we got that much out of them.  My original wedding coordinator was Marlene Rejon who I had been working with since Nov 2012.  If it wasn't for this sight I would of never found out that she was no longer with the hotle. Once I saw this that I immediately called the hotel and spoke with Hildebrandba who confirmed that she was no longer with the hotel.  I advised her that my wedding was in two weeks and had heard nothing from anybody advising who my new coordinator was going to be. That was when Hildebrandba advised that she would be able to take over the planning of my wedding. The reason why I am letting you know this is because when I arrived the hotel did not even know that I was a BRIDE!. It was sooo irritating. I had to ask for my room upgrade which they did not do correctly.  When the bellman went to take us to the room we walked in and the room had not even been cleaned yet. They ended up putting us up in a room with two double beds because they had ran out of king size rooms  The next day we had our meeting with Hildebrandba which went very well. She did an excellent job at arranging the appointments at the spa and  putting together all the details of the wedding. There were no surprises at all. Hildebrandba assured me that she had spoken to the front desk and the my upgraded room would be ready in a couple of hours.  A couple of hours went by and we were taken to hour room.  The next day was Friday and I had my massage, manicure, pedicure and had my hair washed and blowed dried.  After that the wedding party had the reherssal dinner at the steak house.  Saturday was the day to the wedding. I got to the spa at 8am.  They did my hair and make up.  The photographer came at 10 am  and started take pictures of me getting ready.  The girl did my hair very well, but struggled with the makeup.  This was not her fault.  She just did not have the right colors.  The make that the spa had was very matte.  So we had to keep working with the makeup.  Thank god I brought my own foundation and primer or I don't know what I would of done. I wish I would of broght more of my own make up.  If I would of had the right colors I would not of been late to the ceremony.  Once my make up was done we did more pics and got my dress on. Then the brides maids were taken to the gazebo and then the maid of honor were taken to the gazebo for reception.  We did the ceremony and then there was a cocktail hour for our guest. Our wedding package came with an hour photo shoot. We took pictures with hour guest then my husband and I did pictures alone in the garden, at the hotel and at the beach.  After that we went to the reception which was at the Ibiza ballroom,  The reception was AMAZING!!!!  We had a full d.j. with DJ Mannia  They did an excellent job!!!! They played all the music tht we asked for and the m.c. kept the reception flowing smoothly.  The food was also good. We had the caprese salad, a choice of sirloin steak or chicken breast for the entrée. For the dessert we chose the crème brulee. Our guest loved the food. I can say  for myself that the steak I had was better than the steak I had at the reherssal dinner in the steak house. No complaints about the reception. We had a good time and our guest enjoyed it. I thought that after the reception there should of been transportation to take everyone back to the a lobby at the Bavaro Beach.  Everyone went there separate and then we all met at the pool after the reception and stayed there for about 3 hours.  The rest of the days after the wedding went well. We ate at Mexico Lindo El Coral and El Kiyoto. The two buffets at the beach side were also good. The hotel offers a lot of excursions which we and the other guest enjoyed.  The day before we left we went to tropical pictures to view our photos.  The pictures were AMAZING!  Our photographer did a wounderful job.  We were very pleased with her work and even purchased additional photos.        I have stayed  at the barcelo bavaro deluxe in 2010 and I liked my stay there better than the stay at the bavaro beach.  The rooms on that side are nicer and come with a Jacuzzi on balcony and the staff at the deluxe is much more organized. We stayed for seven days and we switched rooms 3 times.  We switched twice when we first arrived and then we had to switch again before we left because the air conditioner in our room went out. After having the technicians there for 2 hours we were switched to another room. Once we got to that room the t.v. was not working and we had to call the technicians one again to fix.  Summing things up I would say that the wedding went very well. The resort is beautiful and well kept. There were a few bumps along  along the way but everything went well and my husband and I were very pleased.   All of our guest loved the wedding and the resort. The wedding department does a very good job. I t may not look like everything is coming together but it will once you get there. Don't stress and enjoy your day because it goes by fast.

Originally Posted by Bibi View Post

You looked BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for very thorough review.  It's definitely interested to hear a review from someone who is staying at the Beach side vs the Deluxe side.  I'm glad that everything pulled together for you.  I am growing with excitement since Hildabranda is also my WC. In the mean while, I am patiently/impatiently awaiting my confirmation for my deposit.  Best wishes to you and your new husband!