Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe


  • Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#1791 soloparatijc

soloparatijc
  • Newbie
  • 13 posts

    Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:35 PM

    @Miss Jali: I purchased the boxes for the Jordan almonds at Michael's, I wanted clear boxes so that I could incorporate more of my accent color (yellow). I actually bought the Jordan almonds online at Staples.com (I bought a 5 pound bag for $30), they have them in all different types of solid colors, I was surprised that everywhere I went to in person had a mix of pastel colors and nothing in just one color unless you dye it with food coloring, which I wasn't going to risk doing.

     

    @SoonMrsD: Glad I could help!

     

    @NettyD: It took about a month because I had my grandmother drive to San Juan in PR for my birth certificate apostille and I also had my now husbands' (love the way that sounds!) mother drive to Manhattan to get the apostilles to save time as I did everything only two months before the wedding.



    #1792 soloparatijc

    soloparatijc
    • Newbie
    • 13 posts

      Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

      @LovelyGemini: Everyone was telling me the same thing (to get an updo) but I really didn't want to. I orginally wanted to get a waterfall braid but that didn't work with my headpiece so the hairdresser did something similar. Also, I put on clip-in extensions for the extra 4 inches in length so that the curls would look better, the curls fell by the end on the night but I still loved the way my hair came out and since it was somewhat away from my face, it didn't bother me at all.

       

      Also, you can take anything that you would like with you but just think of the weight and how much space its going to take up in your suitcase. I used up two large suitcases and at least 4 carry on's for all my stuff that I took, not to mention that I had to carry my super heavy dress throughout the entire airport while waiting close to an hour and a half in Punta Cana Airport to get through customs.

       

      I would suggest giving the DJ a playlist, I did this and the music was amazing all night (with the exception of the fact we improvised wanting the wedding party to dance a song together and the DJ put a really old Fulanito song that was super long that I didn't really like.)



      #1793 NettyD

      NettyD
      • Newbie
      • 35 posts

        Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:02 AM

        Originally Posted by soloparatijc 

        @Miss Jali: I purchased the boxes for the Jordan almonds at Michael's, I wanted clear boxes so that I could incorporate more of my accent color (yellow). I actually bought the Jordan almonds online at Staples.com (I bought a 5 pound bag for $30), they have them in all different types of solid colors, I was surprised that everywhere I went to in person had a mix of pastel colors and nothing in just one color unless you dye it with food coloring, which I wasn't going to risk doing.

         

        @SoonMrsD: Glad I could help!

         

        @NettyD: It took about a month because I had my grandmother drive to San Juan in PR for my birth certificate apostille and I also had my now husbands' (love the way that sounds!) mother drive to Manhattan to get the apostilles to save time as I did everything only two months before the wedding.

        Thanks Solo!  A month isn't too bad. And we were both born in the US so hopefully that makes it easier too. Phew...that's a little less scary! 



        #1794 NettyD

        NettyD
        • Newbie
        • 35 posts

          Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

          I didn't realize the opinion everyone would have on hair! I just tried dresses for the first time on Monday and I was completely outvoted in having my hair down! lol. But I agree... we don't want to regret anything in our pictures! MissJali- I do not have an "up-do" face either!!



          #1795 NettyD

          NettyD
          • Newbie
          • 35 posts

            Posted 14 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

            Hi Nat-

             

            Coming from Miami is going to be super easy for you! I want to make a recommendation though on the travel site. Try CheapCaribbean.com. They are super fair on their prices and they offer a split deposit plan. I used them for our site visit and everything went very smooth. They usually start their early summer sales in November/ December but right now the prices are really good for areas outside of Florida. I have looked up packages with them for my family in NY and Cali and can't believe how low it is right now. I have seen Florida rates cheaper- but that was in November/ December. The only negative thing I will mention is that the service they use for the airport transfers (optional) is also an excursion company so they are a little pushy on excursions. They kind of veil the excursion sales pitch by saying you have to meet them in order to arrange the return transfer. They aren't rude or anything but they did call our room a couple of times to remind us to come visit them. We did, filled out what we needed to for the return and made it very clear we weren't interested in excursions. The office is located in the downstairs part of the lobby area so it wasn't too big of a deal. 



            #1796 NatJ

            NatJ
            • Newbie
            • 15 posts

              Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

              Hi ladies!

               

              Have any of you planned on getting married in the catholic church?

              I was wondering what exactly are the requirements for the wedding and if the church requests anything from back home?

               

              Thanks!



              #1797 LovelyGemini

              LovelyGemini
              • Newbie
              • 108 posts

                Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

                @LovelyGemini: Everyone was telling me the same thing (to get an updo) but I really didn't want to. I orginally wanted to get a waterfall braid but that didn't work with my headpiece so the hairdresser did something similar. Also, I put on clip-in extensions for the extra 4 inches in length so that the curls would look better, the curls fell by the end on the night but I still loved the way my hair came out and since it was somewhat away from my face, it didn't bother me at all. Also, you can take anything that you would like with you but just think of the weight and how much space its going to take up in your suitcase. I used up two large suitcases and at least 4 carry on's for all my stuff that I took, not to mention that I had to carry my super heavy dress throughout the entire airport while waiting close to an hour and a half in Punta Cana Airport to get through customs. I would suggest giving the DJ a playlist, I did this and the music was amazing all night (with the exception of the fact we improvised wanting the wedding party to dance a song together and the DJ put a really old Fulanito song that was super long that I didn't really like.)

                Solo, Your hair really did look great. I think I'm gonna have to invoke my inner bridezilla a bit and put my foot down about my hairstyle, no matter what anyone else says. I'm definitely a little worried about the weight of everything and especially since I'm probably bringing my own centerpieces. Do you have any pics of the centerpiece the resort provided you with? Just in case I decide to cave and pay for it after all... It's good to know the DJ turned out well, looks like I'll have to start working on the playlist soon!

                #1798 LovelyGemini

                LovelyGemini
                • Newbie
                • 108 posts

                  Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

                  I didn't realize the opinion everyone would have on hair! I just tried dresses for the first time on Monday and I was completely outvoted in having my hair down! lol. But I agree... we don't want to regret anything in our pictures! MissJali- I do not have an "up-do" face either!!

                  Put your foot down! At the end of the day, we're the ones who are gonna have to look at our wedding photos over and over. You wanna have your hair down, you have every right girl!

                  #1799 minigodiva

                  minigodiva
                  • Newbie
                  • 87 posts

                    Posted 14 August 2013 - 10:25 AM

                    Originally Posted by NatJ 

                    Hi ladies!

                     

                    Have any of you planned on getting married in the catholic church?

                    I was wondering what exactly are the requirements for the wedding and if the church requests anything from back home?

                     

                    Thanks!

                    Hi NatJ,

                     

                    I am planning on a Catholic ceremony.  Susana, my WC, hasn't replied to my e-mail yet about the documents needed for the Catholic ceremony, but she told me she will send it by e-mail.

                     

                    They don't offer pre-cana/wedding prep classes in Punta Cana, so you should look into that 6 months prior to your wedding at your local Parish.  I'm assuming they would either need our certificate from the classes or a letter from our local Parish allowing us to get married in Punta Cana.  Also, the catholic ceremony is not included in any package and would be an extra $550.  I'll keep you posted.



                    #1800 NatJ

                    NatJ
                    • Newbie
                    • 15 posts

                      Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

                      Originally Posted by minigodiva 

                      Hi NatJ,

                       

                      I am planning on a Catholic ceremony.  Susana, my WC, hasn't replied to my e-mail yet about the documents needed for the Catholic ceremony, but she told me she will send it by e-mail.

                       

                      They don't offer pre-cana/wedding prep classes in Punta Cana, so you should look into that 6 months prior to your wedding at your local Parish.  I'm assuming they would either need our certificate from the classes or a letter from our local Parish allowing us to get married in Punta Cana.  Also, the catholic ceremony is not included in any package and would be an extra $550.  I'll keep you posted.

                       



                      Thanks,

                       

                      Do you think they would accept the certificate even if we complete the course online? Our local parish has the option of an online course for people who cannot attend they live sessions because of time conflicts.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users