- So, Club Premium is the perfect example of how much they like following rules. There are certain rooms that are CP and apparently they didn't have any of those left (there were 2 big conventions there the week of the wedding - not on Saturday though, thankfully). We already had a Jr Suite and they told us the best they could do was upgrade us to an Oceanfront Jr Suite (rm 1415). When Jeff's parents got in, they had reserved a CP Jr Suite (rm 1103) so they offered to switch with us. The front desk could not understand that concept, so we just switched rooms without telling them. ANYWAY, his mom finally convinced the front desk on Wednesday to just give us the CP bracelets so we could at least have the non-room perks but it was like pulling teeth from them because CP normally had to be associated with a room. It was silly.
It was also pretty funny when his parents got back to 1415 after the wedding and they had champagne and rose petals on the bed waiting for them! We weren't even staying in 1103 that night, we had gotten a Master Suite (rm 5207) for the girls to get ready and for the wedding night, so his parents called the front desk and they went and did wedding decorations for us there instead.
- Weather was perfect! When Jeff & I first got there the week before, it was SUPER windy - to the point where sand from the beach was blowing all the way to the pool. But it calmed way down by the end of the week thankfully. Each day there was a 30% chance of rain in the forecast but it only rained Sunday overnight. So don't be alarmed when the forecast calls for rain, we think it really only means overnight or early morning.
- We didn't see any beach ceremonies. I would think it's a little less of a spectacle since the beach gazebo is literally right in the middle of the resort, but the beach is generally a little less populated. I'm not sure exactly where on the beach they do the ceremony either - maybe it's a little farther down on either end.
- Yeah, $50 was a lot but at that point we needed something to get done. Plus, we had 3 guests cancel on us that week so we had a "credit" with the wedding dept since we paid the day before. I didn't really consider bringing decorations down since Marlene was adamant about using theirs and I figured it would be fine. I never really asked if they were against you bringing your own or using an outside vendor down there. Like I said, I just needed a centerpiece that wasn't completely crappy - it wasn't too important to me.
- We paid for an extra hour of reception (ended at 10:30pm) and then went to the Sports Bar after. We had been out until 3am the night before the wedding (I know) so we made it a pretty early night - maybe 1ish? It's nice that the 24 hour Sports Bar and Casino/casino bar are right across from each other - makes for easy late nights.
- We used Trop Pics for video (Star Package) and brought a girl down from Chicago with us for pictures. We paid less than $2000 for her travel and a minimal fee for her to be there from welcome cocktails to the wedding, which was less than what Trop Pics charge for photos on just the wedding day. We're looking forward to her pictures from our boat excursion on La Barcaza on Thursday and the rehearsal dinner at Jellyfish, in addition to the wedding. She did an awesome job scouting out some places for pictures during the week so we did our first look and then 2 hours of photos with the wedding party before the ceremony. No TTD.
- Things I could do again? Hmm...get the table decorations straightened out with Marlene earlier so I wasn't worrying the week before the wedding when she sent me those pinecone candleholder pics, started the dancing a little earlier in the evening, maybe had welcome cocktails when it was still light out on the roof terrace. Not worried as much - it all worked out. There really wasn't a whole lot I would have changed!
I'll work on getting some pics together...