#1401 tricia-m

tricia-m
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jcastro0124 

Hi girls!

My first time posting on here...I was wondering what the capacity amount is at Bar Higuey?

It says under 100 people.  Many brides seem to be choosing this location for their reception but there is minimal to none information on it.  Let me know if you find out anything else, or even better, pictures! And welcome to the club :)

#1402 Reign14

Reign14
  • Site Supporter
  • 115 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:BBPD

Posted 03 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by tricia-m 

It says under 100 people.  Many brides seem to be choosing this location for their reception but there is minimal to none information on it.  Let me know if you find out anything else, or even better, pictures! And welcome to the club :)

There are a ton of pics of Bar Higuey in this thread but it takes a while to go through the pages/posts.

Here are a couple:  http://www.bestdesti...lace-deluxe/80 

And disazaja was nice enough to share pics of the resort that she took on here site visit:  https://picasaweb.go...eat=directlink#

Hope that's helpful.

#1403 tricia-m

tricia-m
  • 172 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 1, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

REIGN14 THANK YOU SO MUCH! I came across the info on Bar higuey and then so much more!!!!

#1404 Mary123

Mary123
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

Hello Ladies, I have sent an email to Lianny at barcelo.wedding2@barcelo.com four weeks ago and followed up today but got undelivered mail returned. Has anyone been in touch with her? Has her email changed?

#1405 Bjeantil

Bjeantil
    • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Try this email: BAVARO.WEDDINGS@BARCELO.COM

Hello Ladies, I have sent an email to Lianny at barcelo.wedding2@barcelo.com four weeks ago and followed up today but got undelivered mail returned. Has anyone been in touch with her? Has her email changed?

#1406 trivera5521

trivera5521
      • 470 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

Hi girls so in the midst of trying to breath and packing Susana managed to drop the ball on me...not a fkn surprise with this chick. I am giving my guest dinner options however with only 43 guests confirmed I wasnt planning on doing a seating chart as I want it to be chill and everyone sit where they want. So with that said Susana emails me to tell me that I will need to do placecards so they know who is eating what. This wouldnt be such a big deal if she would have told me with more than a week until I leave!! Naturally a normal wedding the server would just ask the guests at the table what they are eating, usally done when they bring out the salad. But of course now she wants me to add the guest dinner options to some sort of a placecard?! Ugh

Anyway, has anyone heard of this? Has any of the WC mentioned that you will need to include the guests dinner choice on a place card in front of their setting? What are we in fkn kindergarden!?

Mood: Totally fkn aggravated!!

#1407 Bjeantil

Bjeantil
        • 113 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

Damn sorry to hear that... Susana has not mentioned it to me...smh guess I need tondo the same!!

Hi girls so in the midst of trying to breath and packing Susana managed to drop the ball on me...not a fkn surprise with this chick. I am giving my guest dinner options however with only 43 guests confirmed I wasnt planning on doing a seating chart as I want it to be chill and everyone sit where they want. So with that said Susana emails me to tell me that I will need to do placecards so they know who is eating what. This wouldnt be such a big deal if she would have told me with more than a week until I leave!! Naturally a normal wedding the server would just ask the guests at the table what they are eating, usally done when they bring out the salad. But of course now she wants me to add the guest dinner options to some sort of a placecard?! Ugh Anyway, has anyone heard of this? Has any of the WC mentioned that you will need to include the guests dinner choice on a place card in front of their setting? What are we in fkn kindergarden!? Mood: Totally fkn aggravated!!

#1408 Mary123

Mary123
          • 39 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bjeantil 

Try this email: BAVARO.WEDDINGS@BARCELO.COM

Thank you. I will try this email address.

#1409 natalieblev

natalieblev
            • 400 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by trivera5521 

Hi girls so in the midst of trying to breath and packing Susana managed to drop the ball on me...not a fkn surprise with this chick. I am giving my guest dinner options however with only 43 guests confirmed I wasnt planning on doing a seating chart as I want it to be chill and everyone sit where they want. So with that said Susana emails me to tell me that I will need to do placecards so they know who is eating what. This wouldnt be such a big deal if she would have told me with more than a week until I leave!! Naturally a normal wedding the server would just ask the guests at the table what they are eating, usally done when they bring out the salad. But of course now she wants me to add the guest dinner options to some sort of a placecard?! Ugh

Anyway, has anyone heard of this? Has any of the WC mentioned that you will need to include the guests dinner choice on a place card in front of their setting? What are we in fkn kindergarden!?

Mood: Totally fkn aggravated!!

I just wouldnt do it Tamara and then when you get down there explain what you said about just having the server ask the people at the table. Seriously, I dont think they are going to say a WORD because having dinner choices means more money for them! 

#1410 blueskadoobob

blueskadoobob
              • 42 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Hi everyone, 

Though I plan to get married off-resort, I am considering having my guests stay at bbpd. I was perusing through the thread and saw that there is an outside vendor fee of $1300usd. is that right? It sounds simply outrageous. Does this change if you don't plan on getting married on  the resort? I'd like to have my photographer come and take pictures of me and my girls getting ready and I want to better understand the costs around that.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users