Jump to content

Photo

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe


  • Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#1391 trivera5521

trivera5521
  • Jr. Member
  • 470 posts

    Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

    We recently got married at a justice of the peace and we will also just do a symbolic wedding. No one in our family knows we are already married and so it will seem very real to all of us.  I was concerned that the verbiage would be different and Susana assured me that the ceremony is very real and there would be no indication that we are already married. We are doing our own vows though so above and beyond that it will be a bit scripted. We are also doing the sand ceremony (frame) as well as something I made up called Sand Dollar Wishes LOL.

     

    Does anyone know exactly how the second dinner option works. Do you have to give the WC a head count of who wants what option before the reception or do they get to choose the night of? Waiting for Susana to get back to me but thought I would ask here. With 14 days to go I would need to contact everyone and find out what they want to eat, ugh! Had I known sooner I would have included it on the RSVP card. Will let you guys know as soon as I find out just in case any upcoming bride wants to give their guests options you can have them printed on the response cards.



    #1392 Bjeantil

    Bjeantil
    • Newbie
    • 113 posts

      Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

      We recently got married at a justice of the peace and we will also just do a symbolic wedding. No one in our family knows we are already married and so it will seem very real to all of us.  I was concerned that the verbiage would be different and Susana assured me that the ceremony is very real and there would be no indication that we are already married. We are doing our own vows though so above and beyond that it will be a bit scripted. We are also doing the sand ceremony (frame) as well as something I made up called Sand Dollar Wishes LOL. Does anyone know exactly how the second dinner option works. Do you have to give the WC a head count of who wants what option before the reception or do they get to choose the night of? Waiting for Susana to get back to me but thought I would ask here. With 14 days to go I would need to contact everyone and find out what they want to eat, ugh! Had I known sooner I would have included it on the RSVP card. Will let you guys know as soon as I find out just in case any upcoming bride wants to give their guests options you can have them printed on the response cards.

      Tamara I am not sure if you used a wedding website... But I used weddingwire.com and had my guest RSVP that way and had them select chicken, beef or fish for dinner... This was fairly easy and will be beneficial when I have to tell susana what my guest want.

      #1393 Reign14

      Reign14
      • Site Supporter
      • 115 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
      • Wedding Location:BBPD

      Posted 02 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

      Originally Posted by trivera5521 

      I dont have anything of importance to say other than I leave in 17 days!!! Cant believe how quickly it came! Ahhhh LOL...thats it for now =)

      Exciting!!! It's scary how time flies. You'll be at the resort before you know it!



      #1394 NettyD

      NettyD
      • Newbie
      • 35 posts

        Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

        Hi Girls!

         

        Does anyone have any prices for a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception? I know the welcome cocktail on the rooftop was about $1000. I think that was because of the site rental if I remember right. Is a cocktail hour before the reception included in any of the packages? Also- does anyone know what kind of alcoholic beverages are included with the reception?

         

        Thanks!



        #1395 Jdunn

        Jdunn
        • Site Supporter
        • 8 posts

          Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

          Originally Posted by NettyD 

          Hi Girls!

           

          Does anyone have any prices for a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception? I know the welcome cocktail on the rooftop was about $1000. I think that was because of the site rental if I remember right. Is a cocktail hour before the reception included in any of the packages? Also- does anyone know what kind of alcoholic beverages are included with the reception?

           

          Thanks!


          I just got married in April and I was charged $12pp. It included appetizers (which my mom said were pretty bad) but everyone seemed to still enjoy munching and grabbing a drink. The cocktail hour is not included in any package.

           

          For Tangerine pkg it's international bar (which I think is upgraded brands).



          #1396 misskay

          misskay
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:56 AM

            I'm

            Hi Girls! Does anyone have any prices for a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception? I know the welcome cocktail on the rooftop was about $1000. I think that was because of the site rental if I remember right. Is a cocktail hour before the reception included in any of the packages? Also- does anyone know what kind of alcoholic beverages are included with the reception? Thanks!

            I'm doing the mint breeze I though cocktail and canap©s are after ceremony ? Can anyone clear up I that is for in between ceremony or before ?

            #1397 natalieblev

            natalieblev
            • Jr. Member
            • 400 posts

              Posted 03 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

              Originally Posted by misskay 

              I'm
              I'm doing the mint breeze I though cocktail and canap©s are after ceremony ? Can anyone clear up I that is for in between ceremony or before ?

              No package includes a cocktail hour. If you want a cocktail hour it will be held right after the ceremony and before the reception for an hour so that you and your FI may go take photos while your guests are still entertained. If you do want it, 2013 prices are as of now 12/person. That includes one type of alcoholic drink, apps and water/soda. 



              #1398 misskay

              misskay
              • Newbie
              • 19 posts

                Posted 03 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

                Hi ladies!

                 

                This is what I have for the Mint Breeze hows that all this is included if this is wrong then what is it including if cocktails are $12  person ?

                 I will also call susana to get some clarification hopefully

                Wedding day

                •Personalized assistance with our wedding specialist.

                •Decorated wedding location **

                •Wedding cake (for up to 20 people).

                •3 Bottles of sparkling wine (for up to 20 people).

                •Payment of tax for judge/minister included.

                •Witness If required.

                •1 Bridal bouquet (Tropical flowers or Roses).

                •1 Boutonniere (Tropical flowers or Roses).

                •Center piece for the ceremony table (Tropical flowers

                or Roses).

                •50 mins. Mint tension release massage for bride &

                groom.

                •Trio (Three pieces of guitar playing Caribbean music

                for one hour during ceremony).

                •Cocktails and appetizers after the ceremony for one

                hour (for up to 20 people).

                •Reserved are in one of our ``All inclusive´´

                restaurants (Subject to availability for groups less than

                20 people).

                •Free access in our VIP room at the Bavaro Disco for

                bride & groom.

                •King-size bed by request.

                •Bathrobes and slippers in your room.

                •Special decoration in the room and rose petals on the

                bed.

                •Special Amenities and bottle of sparkling wine sent to

                the room.

                After the wedding

                •Morning after breakfast in the room.

                •Legalization of marriage certificate in the Dominican

                Republic (In Spanish)*.

                •Delivery of the marriage certificate by DHL.

                Notes:*

                Notes:

                *Services such as huppa, arch of flowers, rose petals haven an additional charge.

                *Wedding package cannot be modified.

                *In case of bad weather the wedding cannot be cancelled, it will be moved to a back up.

                *Wedding packages are for clients staying at Barcel³ Bavaro Beach Resort.

                *Guests not staying at the resort and attending the wedding must pay a day pass.

                *Wedding certificate takes from 2 to 3 months to be ready.

                *Over 20 people, there is additional charge.

                *Price is subject to change without previous notice.

                *Rooms are not included in the wedding package price.



                #1399 MissJali

                MissJali
                • Member
                • 935 posts

                  Posted 03 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

                  Originally Posted by misskay 

                  Hi ladies!

                   

                  This is what I have for the Mint Breeze hows that all this is included if this is wrong then what is it including if cocktails are $12  person ?

                   I will also call susana to get some clarification hopefully

                  Wedding day

                  •Personalized assistance with our wedding specialist.

                  •Decorated wedding location **

                  •Wedding cake (for up to 20 people).

                  •3 Bottles of sparkling wine (for up to 20 people).

                  •Payment of tax for judge/minister included.

                  •Witness If required.

                  •1 Bridal bouquet (Tropical flowers or Roses).

                  •1 Boutonniere (Tropical flowers or Roses).

                  •Center piece for the ceremony table (Tropical flowers

                  or Roses).

                  •50 mins. Mint tension release massage for bride &

                  groom.

                  •Trio (Three pieces of guitar playing Caribbean music

                  for one hour during ceremony).

                  •Cocktails and appetizers after the ceremony for one

                  hour (for up to 20 people).

                  •Reserved are in one of our ``All inclusive´´

                  restaurants (Subject to availability for groups less than

                  20 people).

                  •Free access in our VIP room at the Bavaro Disco for

                  bride & groom.

                  •King-size bed by request.

                  •Bathrobes and slippers in your room.

                  •Special decoration in the room and rose petals on the

                  bed.

                  •Special Amenities and bottle of sparkling wine sent to

                  the room.

                  After the wedding

                  •Morning after breakfast in the room.

                  •Legalization of marriage certificate in the Dominican

                  Republic (In Spanish)*.

                  •Delivery of the marriage certificate by DHL.

                  Notes:*

                  Notes:

                  *Services such as huppa, arch of flowers, rose petals haven an additional charge.

                  *Wedding package cannot be modified.

                  *In case of bad weather the wedding cannot be cancelled, it will be moved to a back up.

                  *Wedding packages are for clients staying at Barcel³ Bavaro Beach Resort.

                  *Guests not staying at the resort and attending the wedding must pay a day pass.

                  *Wedding certificate takes from 2 to 3 months to be ready.

                  *Over 20 people, there is additional charge.

                  *Price is subject to change without previous notice.

                  *Rooms are not included in the wedding package price.

                  I think the cocktail hour is included in this package b/c the PRIVATE reception is not. It says a reservation at a specialty restaurant for up to 20 pple for dinner. I guess that's the trade off. 



                  #1400 misskay

                  misskay
                  • Newbie
                  • 19 posts

                    Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

                    Hi ladies !

                     

                    Spoke to Susana this mornign got my wedding day booked with the judge!! ..... looked in to the legal part of it all by calling the DR emabassy in toronto and they stated it is leagally as log as i go through all the paper work ie: translations and apostilled servies ... AWSOME!!

                     

                    Also got clerification with MINT BREEZE coctails are included up to 20 people addtional persons are $25 pp.... If you want your ceremony on the rooftop patio or peir its $500 extra...

                     

                     

                    Hope this can be of some help ....Ill you all  keep posted on any other things i find out






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users