• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#1381 MissJali

MissJali
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by misskay 

Hi MrsShoretobe

I live In Canada right out side Toronto area.... I have also heard that about Mexico but have done some resaerch and as far as I know when going to DR it is leagal as long as you go trough your embassy and do all the translation requirements. DR recommends going through "wedo"  maybe other bride can give more insight to both of us and clear up all this..

BRIDES PLEASE HELP US !

MissKay, I'm not certain about Canada as I live in NY but for the same reason that they want to give you an early ceremony time is exactly why my fiance and I decided to just get married legally here and have a symbolic ceremony out in DR. It was just easier and i don't have to worry about depending on the judge and perhaps having my time moved in an emergency. it just seems to be less stress for me and that's the whole point of us having a dw. We will probably go to the courthouse right before we leave to DR and keep it a secret.

#1382 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
    • 315 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by misskay 

Hi MrsShoretobe

I live In Canada right out side Toronto area.... I have also heard that about Mexico but have done some resaerch and as far as I know when going to DR it is leagal as long as you go trough your embassy and do all the translation requirements. DR recommends going through "wedo"  maybe other bride can give more insight to both of us and clear up all this..

BRIDES PLEASE HELP US !

Originally Posted by MissJali 

MissKay, I'm not certain about Canada as I live in NY but for the same reason that they want to give you an early ceremony time is exactly why my fiance and I decided to just get married legally here and have a symbolic ceremony out in DR. It was just easier and i don't have to worry about depending on the judge and perhaps having my time moved in an emergency. it just seems to be less stress for me and that's the whole point of us having a dw. We will probably go to the courthouse right before we leave to DR and keep it a secret.

EXACTLY! The less we nutty brides have to worry about the better

#1383 candacey

candacey
      • 48 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 10, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
      • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 30 April 2013 - 04:04 PM

Misskay, I personally would go with the later time (2 PM), as I would not be able to get ready (hair, makeup, etc.) by noon. I was originally offered a time of 11AM and insisted on a later time (although it will only be a symbolic ceremony). I also worried about what will my guests and I would do during the time between the ceremony and reception if we had several hours to waste. The girls wouldn't want to swim (and ruin their hair and makeup), so it would be a looong day in the heat. Food for thought....

#1384 nykat57

nykat57
      • 24 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hi ladies,

I have the Strawberry Passion package.  Does anyone know if the huppa is included in this package? If not, does anyone have prices for huppa?

Thanks

#1385 natalieblev

natalieblev
        • 400 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by nykat57 

Hi ladies,

I have the Strawberry Passion package.  Does anyone know if the huppa is included in this package? If not, does anyone have prices for huppa?

Thanks

It doesnt list it as included, so might want to check with your resort cord. 

#1386 natalieblev

natalieblev
          • 400 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:15 AM

I know I am harping on this, but it is because NOONE at the resort can give me answers on flowers. I have vases for 5 tables to fill, but even Susana says she doesnt know how much it will cost. Does anyone have a clue as to how much just a bushel of flowers for 5 tables would be? 

#1387 Mary123

Mary123
            • 39 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by nykat57 

Hi ladies,

Thanks

Hi, huppa is not included in the strawberry package. I am not sure about the price as we have decided to have a palm tree arch instead of the huppa. Palm tree arch is $85.

#1388 NettyD

NettyD
              • 35 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe 

EXACTLY! The less we nutty brides have to worry about the better

MrsShoreytobe

That is the funniest emoticon I've ever seen! And so fitting!!! 

#1389 MrsShoreytobe

MrsShoreytobe
                • 315 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by NettyD 

MrsShoreytobe

That is the funniest emoticon I've ever seen! And so fitting!!! 

lol this is how I feel sometimes HAHA!

#1390 Jcastro0124

Jcastro0124
                  • 18 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

Hi girls!

My first time posting on here...I was wondering what the capacity amount is at Bar Higuey?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users