• Please log in to reply
2587 replies to this topic

#1281 natalieblev

natalieblev
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Reign14 

Question ladies...

Me and the fiance want to put down a deposit for our April 2014 wedding at BBPD. But I am a stickler for refund policies and generally bad at planning and uncomfortable paying for things this far in advance! Although I know it must be done if I want to reserve my date. If we make the deposit, and for some crazy, unlikely reason we decide to change our date or not get married at BBPD, will they give us a refund?

I read somewhere that the deposit is non-refundable, but I also remember that Oct 2012 Bride had paid her deposit, then decided not to go through with things and the resort did issue her a refund (which was nice of them). But I got the impression that was the exception, not the rule. 

Any insight would be extremely helpful!

Basically unless there is a serious event you will not be able to get your refund as it has been explained to me. If you decide to change your date, they will just move the deposit to that day, but if it is something as simple as you change your venue, they will not refund the deposit. I think the case you are talking about the bride ended up calling off the wedding and she was hassled for a while before they would refund her deposit. 

I have seen a case where they decided to get married in the states and so they were able (with a lot of hassle again) to use their deposit for the honeymoon trip to BBPD. 

But basically, no there is no refund as I understand it. 

#1282 natalieblev

natalieblev
    • 400 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by tricia-m 

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the info! Does anyone have a PDF of the menu options?

I dont have the pdf, but If you look back in this thread the menu is posted several times...also the upgraded buffet style menu is on here as well. 

#1283 Rebecca Martens

Rebecca Martens
      • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:13 AM

Hi Tricia,

My husband and I just returned from this resort and we had a private sit-down reception. Well worth the money! The food was amazing and it was very intimate. Our menu choices included: caprese salad, pesto marinated broiled chicken and black forest cake. Our guests raved about the food! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Rebecca

#1284 Reign14

Reign14
        • Site Supporter
        • 115 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 16, 2016
        • Wedding Location:BBPD

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:33 PM

Thanks natalieblev! I figured that was the case. Good to know.

#1285 Reign14

Reign14
        • Site Supporter
        • 115 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:32 AM

I got the initial e-mail from Susana on how to book. It says:

In order to book your wedding, you need to complete the next step:

1. Attach contains a reservation form that should be completed to get the wedding availability and send back to us at your earliest convenience.

2. Once you have a confirmation form for the wedding, you will have two months to e-mail us a copy of the Reservation Manifest/Invoice from the Tour Operator (confirmation must include name of Bride & Groom, arrival - departure dates and time, name of Tour Operator Company).

What is a Reservation Manifest/Invoice from the Tour Operator?! Is this just the flight itinerary?

#1286 trivera5521

trivera5521
        • 470 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

Reign what she is referring to is your reservation confirmation with the resort that you and your groom have hotel accomodations. In most cases the weddings are booked atleast 8-12 months in advance at which time you wouldnt be able to buy your airfare if you wanted to...most airlines only have fares 6 months out.

Rebecca: Welcome back!! Do you have any pictures you can share with us??

#1287 MissJali

MissJali
          • 935 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Reign14 

I got the initial e-mail from Susana on how to book. It says:

In order to book your wedding, you need to complete the next step:

1. Attach contains a reservation form that should be completed to get the wedding availability and send back to us at your earliest convenience.

2. Once you have a confirmation form for the wedding, you will have two months to e-mail us a copy of the Reservation Manifest/Invoice from the Tour Operator (confirmation must include name of Bride & Groom, arrival - departure dates and time, name of Tour Operator Company).

What is a Reservation Manifest/Invoice from the Tour Operator?! Is this just the flight itinerary?

Umm I haven't done this myself yet. I def booked my wedding more than 2 months ago. But I guess I'll see Susana in 3 weeks so whatever

#1288 Reign14

Reign14
            • Site Supporter
            • 115 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by trivera5521 

Reign what she is referring to is your reservation confirmation with the resort that you and your groom have hotel accomodations. In most cases the weddings are booked atleast 8-12 months in advance at which time you wouldnt be able to buy your airfare if you wanted to...most airlines only have fares 6 months out.

Rebecca: Welcome back!! Do you have any pictures you can share with us??

OK, the way it's phrased through me off. I would think most people that get married at BBPD stay at BBPD too. I wish she'd just say, we need confirmation that you've made reservations with the hotel. Tour Operator is a weird term.

#1289 Fitzgerh

Fitzgerh
            • 20 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:26 AM

Thank you SOO much for the response COCOHolly! This is very helpful and sincere thanks! We are very excited and can not wait to get this wedding going!

#1290 Fitzgerh

Fitzgerh
            • 20 posts
            • Wedding Date:August 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

What may I ask is the "crazy hour"- does this refer to the cocktail hour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users