Sorry for the multiple emails but I am just trying to be proactive and think of Plan B reception location in case we cant use Bar Higuey. Has anyone had their reception on the beach? If so, how was it? What is the cost for a dance floor and can we add a bonfire for an additional cost? Thanks!
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe
Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:47 AM
I was told the beach wedding is an extra $65 per person. Let me find the email so I can copy what she said.
Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:52 AM
Hi trivera 5521,
LOVED reading what you had to say! I would love to see some pictures if you wouldn't mind sending me some. I'm getting married there February 2013! When you say they have security on the beach do you mean people are actually telling people to move away from the ceremony? I'm doing our ceremony on the beach but I really don't want people watching! I understand there will be a few people I'm sure but not a lot... hopefully! Also I would love for you to send me the menu! Thanks so much!
Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:24 AM
I'll be getting married at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe September 29, 2012 and wanted to get your feedback on your experience with the wedding coordinator thus far. I find that sometimes getting information from her is like pulling teeth and that she's not the most forthcoming when it comes to costs. Also, I find she's forgetting details of the wedding that have been confirmed. Have you had this experience? If not, how have you been able to communicate with her. I'm dealing with Marlene not sure if you're dealing with someone else.
I'd love to know how your wedding turns out. Congrats and hope all goes well.
Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:20 AM
JRM: I would say that sounds about right. They seem to operate on Caribbean time to the 10th power, I sometimes wait days for responses. I havent gotten to the point where I am working on details since our wedding isnâ€™t til May of next year but she hasnâ€™t been forthcoming with answers to my questions either. Just a few tips:
- Document EVERYTHING!! Get everything in writing and keep meticulous records.
- When you email her send all your questions in one email
- Be patient they suck at getting back to people in a timely fashion
Good luck and keep us posted!!
P.S. I am just curious where are you having your reception area? If itâ€™s at Bar Higuey, did she tell you when you booked it that there was a possibility you could be relocated?
Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:50 AM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:25 AM
Have a great trip Sunny!!! We look forward to hearing all about your beautiful wedding!!
On another note ladies, I received information from the WC in regards to the possibility of having our Bar Higuey reception relocated due to a big event in the convention center.
- If I have to relocate my reception, can I use the roof top area for the reception? No, we are not allowed to serve food it area.
- What are my other reception options if we cant use Bar Higuey? Beach or banquet hall.
- If we cant have Bar Higuey I guess we will opt to have a beach reception since the banguet room is not something we are in the least bit interested in, will there be some sort of compensation? Yes, in case that the hotel re-located us the hotel will give you something as compensation.
- When will we know if we have to relocate due to a big event in the convention Center? Does the vendor have to book that space a certain amount of time in advance? The groups department will advised me and then I will advised you, I really donâ€™t know a certain time/date for you to let you know.
Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:24 PM
I am super interested in seeing some pics!!
Have you already gotten married or was it just the one visit?
Any other info you can pass my way would be awesome!!!
Hope you hear from you soon!
Posted 15 April 2012 - 05:06 PM
Hi Amy! We are getting married May 2013, but we did site visits in February and BBPD was 1 of 4 resorts we visited. Sent me a PM with your email address and what other information you are interested in. I am more than happy to help =)
Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:40 AM
I am very new to this thread post thing so I am not sure if this is a private PM or not but here is my email address
I am super interested in anything you have to give me!!
If you find out any other info you think I would be interested in, especially if you are talking to the ppl from the resort, PLEASE pass it on!!
I will do the same if I ever figure this site out!! LOL
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users