Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

MissJalli: Did you decide to go with Tropical Pictures? Does anyone have DJ Mannia's pricing I saw in a past post from a BBPD bride that she used him at her reception and just paid his stay for the night? Maybe there is some work around for the outside vendor thing? Just seems to "chancey" what do you guys think?

Honestly Tamara, I think I'm going to have to go with them. My FI loved the engagement photos they did for us (he says "quality over quantity") and they do know what they're doing! And my mom has offered to pay for it. I still think it's way too much money but flying someone out from here (I haven't gotten a lot of responses from photographers here in the city, some of them want me to pay them their fee and their damn vacation) will even out to be about the same. I do think what I will do is ask my uncle in the capital to look for DJs and just pay them for their travel and fee if i see that BBPD charges me a ridiculous fee to use their DJ. I think if you just "sweet talk" them in Spanish over at reception very nicely, (maybe even slide them a $20 or so), it shouldn't be a problem. I find I've gotten a lot of help when I spoke to them in Spanish and was very nice. I spoke to different photographers in the Punta Cana area where they've said some brides at BBPD just paid the visitor's day pass and others that say they do so much work there that BBPD would know they're not your guest.

Do you have contact info for DJ Mannia? Do you know if he's any good? I think if you find someone from the capital or close like in Higuey, you may be lucky where the hotel won't recognize them as a vendor.

I just emailed him for pricing but I def think he super well known and they will def recognize him. He has amazing reviews like everywhere here, travel advisor...havent seen or heard of one negative thing. Yea you might be right about trying to slip the DJ a lil extra and trying to game him a bit with the espanol Lol. I hear ya about Tropical Pictures they definetly have stepped up their game a bit over the last 6 - 8 months. I think they will do a great job! I am planning on using them for videography services but they cant seem to send me any sample videos. I have only seen 2 and cant find one bride anywhere that has used them for that service...so to say I am a bit hesitant is an understatment. These are the only two links they seem to be able to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bXPnkqHtT0  Love this one but they just dont seem good at transitioning from one scene to another

http://vimeo.com/35419902 

Maybe my expectations are just too high and I need to bring it down a notch or two LOL...vamos a ver

So Tamara, right off the bat I can tell you that the first video is NOT at BBPD, it's at Barcelo Punta Cana, where I got engaged and did my photo session. So while it is Tropical Pictures, the videographers are not the same. There has to be SOMEONE at BBPD who used the videography service!! I want a video too. But I think their video service will be adequate enough. It's something I'll just show my kids but I could use understand that you would use it if you're having an AHR which I'm not.

They really do know what they're doing so don't stress too much! They've been making brides' dreams come true lol

MissJali - The presidential suite was an extra cost.  We had to rent the room for the night of our wedding in order to use it for our reception.  To us it was worth it as we did NOT want to have our reception in a ball room.  Our destination wedding coordinator works with the WC from the resort quite often and was able to get the 2 night minimum waived for us so we just had to pay the one night fee.  So looking forward to having our reception there.  

The cost of the presidential suite was the cost of the room rental for that night.  Like all rooms I think the cost fluctuates.  Just search rooms on the BBPD website and if the suite is avaliable it will tell you the cost of the nightly rate.  It is a bit pricey but we decided it was an idea that we fell in love with and would pay the extra cost for the reception site.  Our plan is to stay in the presidential suite for our wedding night.  Plus you get a butler included in the cost!  Hope that helps!