#1021 candacey

candacey
  • 48 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 10, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Punta Cana
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

H

Thanks so much Tamara and missjali for the info and responses! I didnt realize you couldnt have a dinner reservation every night you are there! That kind of sucks!! Candacey I am assuming she wont give you a time because you are deciding to have a civil ceremony rather than symbolic. If you dont mind getting married at the courthouse before you go (or even after you come home) I would suggest getting a symbolic ceremony. You dont have to deal with the paper work, waiting to know what time works for the judge, not knowing your wedding time, and having a wedding at 11am!!  Noone would know the difference either as you still have a ceremony just how you want it. But obviously that is up to you! Just thought i would let you know in case it helped! 

Hmmm... Thanks for the insight... I will have to clarify with the WC. We are only doing a symbolic ceremony and will be married before we leave. We may even ask a friend to perform it in DR. However, her email said "Please be advised of the following symbolic availability: January 11th at 11:00am." Not cool.

#1022 natalieblev

natalieblev
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by candacey 

H
    Hmmm... Thanks for the insight... I will have to clarify with the WC. We are only doing a symbolic ceremony and will be married before we leave. We may even ask a friend to perform it in DR. However, her email said "Please be advised of the following symbolic availability: January 11th at 11:00am." Not cool.

Hmm that is so weird! Maybe because it is a Saturday! Who knows, but I cannot believe they would even have times set up that early for a wedding. I would say no way and see if Friday worked better maybe? If you will be there for more than the weekend. If my wedding was at 11 my guests would be drunk by 2 and ready for bed by dinnertime haha.

#1023 natalieblev

natalieblev
    • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Miss Jali I was looking at dresses this morning on preownedwedding dresses

I thought of you a did a search for the allure....there are quite a few for sale and even some that have never been worn! 

http://www.preownedw...ing-dresses?v=2

They are sold for much cheaper than buying at the store. I WISH i would have found this site before i purchased mine at the salon haha! Oh well! It is also a great site for TTD! 

#1024 MissJali

MissJali
      • 935 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:55 AM

Aww Thanks Natalie! I will be trying it on this weekend so if it's the one, i will def keep that site in mind. I really appreciate it although I did fall in love with a Maggie dress too.

On another note girls, I have an appt scheduled with Susana on May 7th while I'm out there. Should there be anything specific I should definitely go over with her??

#1025 trivera5521

trivera5521
        • 470 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Candace I am having a symbolic wedding on a Saturday and got a 4:00 ceremony time.  The only thing I can think of is that they have other weddings booked that day?

#1026 disazaja

disazaja
          • 91 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:55 AM

MissJali, when I did my site visit I sat down with Lianny for like 2 hours, we went over the details I wanted: cake flavor, flowers, cake decoration, prices, things I could bring with me, logistics, we did a food tasting, and hair trial. I basically went over the whole wedding with her. I took notes of everything we have discussed over email before and we went over that. I definetly recommend doing a food tasting if you are undecided and the hair trial and makeup was good too, it made me realize that I had to bring my own make up since I didnt like the color selection they have there and even though I liked the hair I want to make some adjustments for the day of the wedding. Hope this helps!

#1027 Mary123

Mary123
            • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi, congratulations on your wedding!! We bought strawberry package and asked for the ceremony on the beach as well. Can you please tell me how you liked it? Did it feel at least a little private or did you have other hotel visitors around? Did you also have your dinner on the beach? 

If you wouldn't mind sharing some pictures, that would be fantastic. My email address is smaga33@gmail.com

Thanks!

#1028 natalieblev

natalieblev
              • 400 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:10 AM

Just wondering if any of you know- does the airport shuttle that you reserve through BBPD take you straight to the resort or is it a shared shuttle stopping at other resorts along the way?

#1029 Mary123

Mary123
                • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by TDawn 

Trivera5521:

Will you send me your email and I'll send you a picture of my centerpiece? Having issues!!!

Hi, would you mind sending me the pictures as well? I am having a wedding in November and this thread has been so helpful! My email is: smaga33@gmail.com. Thanks!!!!

#1030 Mary123

Mary123
                  • 39 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by samantha2 

Any other November 2013 brides?  

Hi Samantha, we are having the wedding on November 2 2013 at 5pm. We got strawberry package and ceremony on the beach. Lianny, our WC, is not very responsive. Someone else by the name of Helen keeps responding to my emails. How was your experience? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users