Jump to content
KitCat77

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

 

After reading what COCO holly wrote about the deluxe rooms I went to the website to see what the deal was (because i already have guests who reserved that room and were believing it to be in the palace deluxe section) and the whole room description and pictures is not on the site anymore.  Now a deluxe room if the blue golf suite...Im so confused and wondering would my guests who reserved the deluxe room be put in the adults only or would they be moved back to the golf area? Does anyone have any information on this switch? 

Let me know what you find out. I have guest who have reserved this room as well!! I am going to contact my TA and inquire. worried2.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Bjeantil View Post

 

Let me know what you find out. I have guest who have reserved this room as well!! I am going to contact my TA and inquire. worried2.gif

My TA is trying to get an answer right now, but she says not to worry that they have to honor what was reserved. (I mean in my opinion the "deluxe" rooms they are showing now on the website is actually the blue golf room which i think is alot nicer than the older deluxe room, however those rooms are pushed back onto the golfcourse and the others are closer to the beach.

 

Also just an FYI when i talked to my TA about this she said she doesnt know why i think reserving at the adults only doesnt allow you access to the BBPD- she was just there in July and said that you are allowed access....soooo not really sure....but none of our guests are being directed to reserve at the adults only anyways...guess just incase for the people who have the deluxe room already. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

 

My TA is trying to get an answer right now, but she says not to worry that they have to honor what was reserved. (I mean in my opinion the "deluxe" rooms they are showing now on the website is actually the blue golf room which i think is alot nicer than the older deluxe room, however those rooms are pushed back onto the golfcourse and the others are closer to the beach.

 

Also just an FYI when i talked to my TA about this she said she doesnt know why i think reserving at the adults only doesnt allow you access to the BBPD- she was just there in July and said that you are allowed access....soooo not really sure....but none of our guests are being directed to reserve at the adults only anyways...guess just incase for the people who have the deluxe room already. 

Ohk thanks! Makes sense for them to honor it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question for future or past brides...have any of you decided on excursions to do with your guests? Im trying to figure out what would be fun for everyone. We will all be there for seven days so I want them to have time to do their own thing, but also have some stuff planned out that we can do together. Has anyone done the shopping and into the city of Bavaro excursion or heard about it? 

So far i have a welcome cocktail meeting (not planned by the hotel, just meeting at one of the resort bars for our free drinks per the advice of a member on here! Thanks!) 

the rehearsal dinner all together

and both the bachelor and bachelorette parties 

 

Also if any of you are having your bachleorette parties there what are you doing and where? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

 

We didn't have anyone stay at the Adults Only section but I'm pretty sure that if you do have guests there, they still have access to the rest of the BBPD.  Pretty sure it's just a separate area for people who want to vacation without a bunch of screaming kids running around their pool.  The only thing is that the Adults Only section is kind of a hike from the main area, closer to Bar Higuey though.  

 

Natalie, we did La Barcaza as an excursion for our guests.  You can do either a lunchtime or sunset cruise.  It was really fun, I would recommend that if you can swing it.  I think I've mentioned it before on this forum, but they can pick you up directly from the Barcelo's pier on the beach, which is really nice that you don't have to pay extra for the transportation.  

 

Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Bjeantil View Post

 

Thank you soo much Trivera5521 for instilling the idea of finding your own photographer and paying for their trip for exchange for photos.

I found a photographer in ATL who did my engagement photos 2 months ago and he did an awesome job. When I read what you had did a couple weeks ago, I decided to get in contact with him and offer a "free trip" in exchange for him to cover my weekend wedding.(Welcome dinner/cocktails for 2 hours, 7 hours of the wedding day, and TTD session for 2 hours). They will be flying in Thursday and leaving out Monday and we agreed to give me full rights and they will give me all prints on a CD edited with 30 airbrushed photos. He as well works with his wife and both will be there!  This option works out well and it will be a lot cheaper than going with Tropical photos. But I will use their video package. cheer2.gif

 

 

Miss Jali: You have every right to be upset because I would be as well. But I would discuss it with her. As previously stated, if she is having a destination wedding that would be even more F*** up.

Bjeantil, she is definitely planning on having a wedding in Florida and we're from New York, no words. I'm over it, I will continue to plan my own wedding and if i can make it to hers, then i can. If I can't, oh well, she'll have to understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by samsbride View Post

 

 

Wow, its amazing how sometimes people's own agenda gets in the way of what's really important. Its not so much when she is planning her wedding, it's the fact that she seems completely oblivious to what she is doing to you and how it is making you feel. Don't waste your time trying to convince her that what she is doing is wrong.  I don't know her, she may be an otherwise great person caught up in the hoopla of her marriage. Planning a wedding is sooo stressful even if you have a planner and a destination wedding even more so because the bride is in another country so you definately cannot worry about her or what she is doing. If you guys have been friends for a long time it would be a shame to see it end, so my suggestion is to focus on YOUR day. If she calls asking for help tell her you will help IF you can and gently remind her that you have your own things that need to be taken care of first. I think that maybe you can expect her to pretty much check out from here on end.

Thanks for your kind words Samsbride. We spoke and she assured me that she will still be my bridesmaid and be there every step of the way. However, I'll have to see it to believe it. I'm going to focus on my own wedding and put all of my energy in making sure this will be a trip people will remember.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

 

I have a question for future or past brides...have any of you decided on excursions to do with your guests? Im trying to figure out what would be fun for everyone. We will all be there for seven days so I want them to have time to do their own thing, but also have some stuff planned out that we can do together. Has anyone done the shopping and into the city of Bavaro excursion or heard about it? 

So far i have a welcome cocktail meeting (not planned by the hotel, just meeting at one of the resort bars for our free drinks per the advice of a member on here! Thanks!) 

the rehearsal dinner all together

and both the bachelor and bachelorette parties 

 

Also if any of you are having your bachleorette parties there what are you doing and where? 

Natalie, I'm actually planning to do a snorkeling cruise with my guests who actually want to go. What do you have planned for your bachelorette over there? My friends were thinking of a joint one out there for both of us but I'm not sure what to do. I'm pretty much over the idea of strippers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by trivera5521 View Post

 

Bjean congrats on finding a local photographer!! I am so glad it worked out, and just as glad to help! Not only is TP prices steep I think even their most expensive package you only get 150 prints (physical or on a CD). In reference to the quality of work I think they have gotten significantly better. They have been posted new pictures on their FB page and are wayyy better than what they showed months ago.  Not sure if they got new photographers or what...whatever they did its much better!  Not to mention your so limited on the coverage time. In any event I will be using them for our video as well however I will say say that I have only seen one video that TP has done, have you had an oppty to see? There was a bride on here that used them for her wedding but she hasnt gotten back to me in regards to seeing her video. I cant remember her name on here but it was something that referenced "TeamTurner"

 

On another note, ladies we have 2 brides that are at BBPD having their weddings this week! Looking forward to hearing their reviews.

 

Miss Jali: Girl I am having a very similar situation with my soon to be SIL. She is marrying my brother and a few months after we got engaged they got engaged, we announced our destination wedding a few months later she mysteriously now wants to have a destination wedding. Whatever I am so over being erked about it. We barely speak...I wont share anything about my wedding and I rather not know anything about hers. Sucks it has to be like that since she is marring my brother but what can I say..."I am good and keep it moving". My mother keeps trying to make light of the situation and says its the best form of flattery blah blah blah. Have to tell her mom listen here with that said "Can I just have my moment without having to share it"?! Call me selfish if you want...and then ask me if I care. LOL.

TRivera, that's the part that bothers me the most. I just want my moment!! Lol I don't want to go dress shopping together, nothing! I've waited 6 lonnngg years to get engaged and now the wedding was pushed back b/c i was so considerate of other people. I just want to be selfish for once. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we've made progress this week. My wedding website is up (weddingwire.com/jalimel) and my MIL loves it! I have my appointment books with Pronovias for January 12 and I can not wait!! And most importantly, we've decided to go with Apple Vacations as the travel agent. Have any of the past brides or future brides using Apple? I liked the way they seem to handle the room blocks and how most of that money will be applied to our own trip expenses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×