Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Miss Jali these are the prices for 2013 I was given for photography

Gold Package $2500.00
Pre or post Wedding Photo session
Photos of Bride and groom getting dressed
Ceremony
1 Hour Photo Session after the ceremony
Reception Coverage
150 Images Printed 6x8 (Presented in a mixture of Color, Black and White or Sepia
20 8x12 (Photos of the selected Images)
CD with Digital negatives of the selected 150 photos
DVD slideshow presention with Music of the 150 slelected images

Silver Package $1750.00
Photos of Bride getting dressed
Ceremony
100 Images Printed 6x8 (Presented in a mixture of Color, Black and White or Sepia
10 8x12 (Photos of the selected Images)

Bronze Package $1100.00
Ceremony
1 Half Hour Photo Session after the ceremony
50 Images Printed 6x8 (Presented in a mixture of Color, Black and White or Sepia

Originally Posted by JamieMacLean014 View Post

Hey Ladies,

I'm brand new to this site, and would like to thank everyone for their detailed reviews and messages, as it has helped me decide to get married at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. I'm not getting married until March 2014, but find it very frustrating that they won't let me book until April 2013. How am I supposed to send out invitations if I don't know that I can get married there? Susana doesn't seem to want to deal with me just yet, and keeps saying to contact her in April 2013. Have any of you dealt with this? I have family members overseas and around the world, so the more notice I can provide them, the better. I'm just worried that I'll send out invitations, only to find out in April 2013 that our date is booked or unavailable.

On another note - I also contacted Tropical Pictures for price quotes, but they said they haven't adjusted their 2014 prices yet. Do any of you ladies have 2013 prices that you would be willing to share with me so I have some sort of an idea?

A few more questions:

- For those of you who have already gotten married at this resort, did you find that it's a better deal to get the basic DJ, or the DJ with MC?  I think prices may have gone up recently, because I was able to get a few questions answered before telling Susana that we aren't getting married until 2014, and she did tell me that the basic DJ is $600 USD for 3 hours, while the Full DJ with MC and cold fire is $1100 USD for 3 hours.   Has anyone else been quoted prices this high? It seems everyone else is getting significantly lower quotes...

If anyone has any tips or useful information, I would love to hear it, since I'm still pretty clueless. My email is jamie.maclean01@gmail.com

Thank so much, and good luck to all of you!!

Hi Jamie

I am getting married in 2013 so prices do change, but I have secured the DJ with MC but NO FIRE for 800$ I believe. Maybe 1000...but somewhere in that line. Im getting confused on prices now as i have spent the last few weeks booking and reserving things there and cant remember which is which. BUt if you dont need the fire works then i would just go for the dj and MC. I have seen where other brides have used a family member or friend to do the MCing and that could save you money. We just didnt have anyone in mind that would want to be in charge of that so we went ahead with getting the mc attached. 

I just sent Miss Jali above the 2013 prices i was quoted for Tropical Pictures.

And I know it is frustrating that she wont really respond, but I am still having trouble getting any answers from them and my wedding date is booked as well as other things like cocktail hour, dj, photo etc. I have no answers on how much flowers cost (because i sent pictures of ones i want, not the typical ones that come in the package) and no info on food, cake, decor, etc. They say that until about six months out they really dont communicate. But Im just going to trust the other brides who have said it all worked out in the end and do as much as i can do on my own and with my travel agent.  But about your date, I wouldnt worry too much. It seems pretty easy to get the date of your choice because they do i think 4 weddings a day there. Only prob I would see is if you pick a Saturday (seems to be the most popular day even for a DW wedding) or if you are certain you want a specific area for your reception because that seems to be where people get held up. 

Originally Posted by JamieMacLean014 View Post

MissJali, thanks so much for the info on Tropical Pictures. Holy moly!!! $2000 is INSANITY for what they're offering!!! In that case, we will probably fly someone from here!! The cost would be about the same...

Have you decided whether you're going to get the regular DJ, or the full DJ with MC?

I think we will go with just a regular DJ, my friend will probably be the MC for the reception. I guess once the date comes closer, and Susana actually starts sending me updated prices, I will really make executive decisions. lol

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

Miss Jali these are the prices for 2013 I was given for photography

Gold Package $2500.00
Pre or post Wedding Photo session
Photos of Bride and groom getting dressed
Ceremony
Reception Coverage
150 Images Printed 6x8 (Presented in a mixture of Color, Black and White or Sepia
20 8x12 (Photos of the selected Images)
DVD slideshow presention with Music of the 150 slelected images

Silver Package $1750.00
Photos of Bride getting dressed
Ceremony
100 Images Printed 6x8 (Presented in a mixture of Color, Black and White or Sepia
10 8x12 (Photos of the selected Images)

Bronze Package $1100.00
Ceremony
1 Half Hour Photo Session after the ceremony
50 Images Printed 6x8 (Presented in a mixture of Color, Black and White or Sepia

Thanks for this Natalie!! Seems like the prices keep going up! Are you going to go with Tropical Pictures?

I am leaving in 5 days to head to the BBPD for my wedding - can't even wait!!! Starting to get so nervous/anxious and I am driving my fiance crazy making sure we have everything packed that we need/want!!

It feels like just last week it was over a year away and now it's only just over a week away...eeekk!!! careful ladies...the time leading up to your weddings is going to fly by!!!

Originally Posted by cocoHolly View Post

I am leaving in 5 days to head to the BBPD for my wedding - can't even wait!!! Starting to get so nervous/anxious and I am driving my fiance crazy making sure we have everything packed that we need/want!!

It feels like just last week it was over a year away and now it's only just over a week away...eeekk!!! careful ladies...the time leading up to your weddings is going to fly by!!!

Congrats and have fun!! Cant wait to hear all about your special day!! 

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

Thanks for this Natalie!! Seems like the prices keep going up! Are you going to go with Tropical Pictures?

Hey Miss Jali....Yes we are going to use TP. At first I had no desire to use them, but i they actually started updating facebook with new pictures regularly and they are so much better than the samples i got six months ago. I dont know if they hired new people or what. Also my TA has talked to them and they allow you to have a meeting and tell them what kind of photos you want, etc.  

We considered bringing in a photographer (i wanted to use a couple in PC but they will be on vacation during my wedding), but I finally just sort of gave up on that idea the more i saw the newer pictures from TP. 

I think they are expensive but currently my TA is checking into how much it costs to get the rights to all your pictures...as well as we will be customizing a package (I dont need 20 8 x 10's, etc) so hopefully it will work out just fine.

Also we do have the crutch of my FI's family- his sister and his sister in law are both starting photographers we just did not want them to have to feel left out of the partying and fun to be on duty constantly. 

But honestly I think TP does pretty pictures and im not really that concerned about it anymore! :) Im much more aggravated at flower prices these days! :) 

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

Hey Miss Jali....Yes we are going to use TP. At first I had no desire to use them, but i they actually started updating facebook with new pictures regularly and they are so much better than the samples i got six months ago. I dont know if they hired new people or what. Also my TA has talked to them and they allow you to have a meeting and tell them what kind of photos you want, etc.  

We considered bringing in a photographer (i wanted to use a couple in PC but they will be on vacation during my wedding), but I finally just sort of gave up on that idea the more i saw the newer pictures from TP. 

I think they are expensive but currently my TA is checking into how much it costs to get the rights to all your pictures...as well as we will be customizing a package (I dont need 20 8 x 10's, etc) so hopefully it will work out just fine.

Also we do have the crutch of my FI's family- his sister and his sister in law are both starting photographers we just did not want them to have to feel left out of the partying and fun to be on duty constantly. 

But honestly I think TP does pretty pictures and im not really that concerned about it anymore! :) Im much more aggravated at flower prices these days! :) 

I used TP for my engagement photos and they came out great!! I'm just concerned about the photo packages. I don't need any prints honestly just the damn cd, my mom can create the photo album herself! But thanks for the info, I will definitely try to customize my own package also.

I know this isn't the thread for this so i hope you girls don't mind. I really just need to vent a little. So My best friend/bridesmaid decided to get married secretly last week and now is planning this huge wedding exactly 3 months away before my own date. She seems to have forgotten I'm also getting married and wants me to help her with dresses and do her invites. I haven't even gone dress shopping for myself yet and feel like I can't invite her to go with me anymore b/c she'll be like the girls on "Say Yes to the Dress" downstairs looking for her own dress while I'm trying mine on. Everything that has to do with my own wedding will possibly be put on the back burner simply b/c she's going to be married TWICE before my own wedding. Is it wrong to feel this way? Anyone else have this dilemma going on? HELP!!!

Good morning everyone!!!!

So most of my guests are staying at the adults only section of the resort because they offer better prices, however, I was reading on the Barcelo website that they dont have access to all the restaurants. Has anyone stayed at the adults only resort ? do you only have access to certain things?

Thank you!!!!