Jump to content
KitCat77

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatJ View Post
 


Do you know if the roof top ceremony is an additional cost, and if so how much?

 

Thanks!

It's a tad pricey. $500 for the location and that is on top of your wedding package.  But FI and I fell in love with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies! I just got word that Susana is now on medical leave of absence.... That being said I have now been assigned Laura..... Has anyone had her yet? feed back please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Who are you telling! I'm hoping alot of people can't make it. My FI wanted to invite almost everyone he knows ugh!!!! What's your package? Ceremony? Reception? Details Girl! haha
My problem is we both have such huge families. I even left off a bunch of family members off the list that I'd rather not have around. I have the Tangerine Package. Ceremony will be on the beach (since that's really the one place big enough for all of us!), Cocktail hour on the rooftop (didn't like the idea of all my guests eating on the beach, no one likes sandy food!) and reception in the Mallorca ballroom (too many ppl for Bar Higuey and I prefer the AC environment). Extras: for now, we're considering either the Fire Show or Hora loca, plus at least 1 extra hour for the party. So far I've only had one couple decline the invitation, secretly hoping for more! But my RSVP deadline isn't until January so I'm sure all my lovely procrastinating friends and family will be waiting until the last minute. Sucks cuz that means I have to wait to decide on the numbers for welcome bags, favors, etc. still so much to do!! :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post
 

 

Who are you telling! I'm hoping alot of people can't make it. My FI wanted to invite almost everyone he knows ugh!!!!

What's your package? Ceremony? Reception? Details Girl! haha

 

Just realized the marathon here in NYC is this Sunday!!! Can't believe you have the guts to do it, good luck!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2013 View Post

Hi Ladies!

I just got word that Susana is now on medical leave of absence.... That being said I have now been assigned Laura..... Has anyone had her yet? feed back please?

OMG!!! That means the baby is coming!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyGemini View Post


My problem is we both have such huge families. I even left off a bunch of family members off the list that I'd rather not have around.

I have the Tangerine Package. Ceremony will be on the beach (since that's really the one place big enough for all of us!), Cocktail hour on the rooftop (didn't like the idea of all my guests eating on the beach, no one likes sandy food!) and reception in the Mallorca ballroom (too many ppl for Bar Higuey and I prefer the AC environment).

Extras: for now, we're considering either the Fire Show or Hora loca, plus at least 1 extra hour for the party.

So far I've only had one couple decline the invitation, secretly hoping for more! But my RSVP deadline isn't until January so I'm sure all my lovely procrastinating friends and family will be waiting until the last minute. Sucks cuz that means I have to wait to decide on the numbers for welcome bags, favors, etc. still so much to do!! :o

 

haha that's too funny how alike our weddings are...

I have the Strawberry but my WC said I can upgrade at anytime so I will see how many RSVP by 12/6/13 - TA deadline to book at the price I got for everyone. My ceremony is on the beach as well and I'm still thinking about the cocktail hour (how much are they charging you?), my FI wants it on the rooftop as well which I have seen pictures of and it looks so nice but again it will depend on the headcount. I want AC for the reception but Bar Higuey looks so nice, how many people is the max for it? 

 

The only extra I am having is the DJ and photobooth from Tropical Pictures

 

Yeah I'm glad my RSVP is sooner so I have time to plan... Girl I have done nothing until I get a number and I'm sure there will be floaters since my wedding is in Sept and people will try to still book ugh!!!! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyGemini View Post
 

 

Just realized the marathon here in NYC is this Sunday!!! Can't believe you have the guts to do it, good luck!!

 

Oh yes Darling! I am going to the expo tomorrow and then it's on! I'm not going crazy yet lol ... but I'm glad I can check this off my bucketlist! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive finally been confirmed for 8/23/14 at BBPD. YAY!!:cheer2:

@tricia-m I absolutely fell in love with the pictures of the roof top deck so the ceremony will be on the roof top deck. I'm shooting for bar higuey but with my wedding being in august I'm afraid it'll be too hot and maybe opt for the ballroom with the AC.

Are any of you ladies having guest at the wedding that are not staying in the resort? Some of my FI family live in the capital and they are coming too the wedding but we don't wanna have to pay for a day and night fee because the ceremony starts at 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post
 

 

haha that's too funny how alike our weddings are...

I have the Strawberry but my WC said I can upgrade at anytime so I will see how many RSVP by 12/6/13 - TA deadline to book at the price I got for everyone. My ceremony is on the beach as well and I'm still thinking about the cocktail hour (how much are they charging you?), my FI wants it on the rooftop as well which I have seen pictures of and it looks so nice but again it will depend on the headcount. I want AC for the reception but Bar Higuey looks so nice, how many people is the max for it? 

 

The only extra I am having is the DJ and photobooth from Tropical Pictures

 

Yeah I'm glad my RSVP is sooner so I have time to plan... Girl I have done nothing until I get a number and I'm sure there will be floaters since my wedding is in Sept and people will try to still book ugh!!!! lol

 

We considered doing the ceremony on the rooftop also, but I really wanted to have the ocean behind us, and why else come to Punta Cana? They're charging us $500 for the cocktail hour plus $12 per person (hence why I really need ppl to start telling me if they're coming or not ahhh). The rooftop is absolutely gorgeous, my fiance and I used to go up there before or after dinner both times we went there, its so peaceful! 

 

I'm not sure on the Bar Higuey count but I think it's like 75-80, definitely less than 100. All I remember Aris saying to us was, um yea, that's not an option for your party. LOL oh well.

 

We're also using the DJ/MC package and TP for the video. (Which reminds me... gotta let the resort know we're going to use them!) 

 

I'm kicking myself for pushing the RSVP date back so far, but I was trying to be nice and let people enjoy the holiday season before deciding. I think using the TA will probably help you get a lot of people declining, just because the deadline is so early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleymayelyn View Post
 

Ive finally been confirmed for 8/23/14 at BBPD. YAY!!:cheer2:

@tricia-m I absolutely fell in love with the pictures of the roof top deck so the ceremony will be on the roof top deck. I'm shooting for bar higuey but with my wedding being in august I'm afraid it'll be too hot and maybe opt for the ballroom with the AC.

Are any of you ladies having guest at the wedding that are not staying in the resort? Some of my FI family live in the capital and they are coming too the wedding but we don't wanna have to pay for a day and night fee because the ceremony starts at 5.

 

 

CONGRATS!!!! The rooftop is gorgeous and so peaceful, plus it's not in the middle of everything so it'll be very private. Bar Higuey is beautiful but believe me, DR is sooooo hot and humid in August (I spent a few excruciating summers there as a kid), you might be more comfortable in the ballroom. 

 

It might be cheaper for your fiance's family to just stay for the night at the resort, they get better pricing since they live there. Not to mention, the ride back to the capital is so long, might not even be safe to drive back after your party.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×