Jump to content
KitCat77

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by misskay View Post

 

Hi MrsShoretobe

 

I live In Canada right out side Toronto area.... I have also heard that about Mexico but have done some resaerch and as far as I know when going to DR it is leagal as long as you go trough your embassy and do all the translation requirements. DR recommends going through "wedo"  maybe other bride can give more insight to both of us and clear up all this..

 

 

BRIDES PLEASE HELP US !

MissKay, I'm not certain about Canada as I live in NY but for the same reason that they want to give you an early ceremony time is exactly why my fiance and I decided to just get married legally here and have a symbolic ceremony out in DR. It was just easier and i don't have to worry about depending on the judge and perhaps having my time moved in an emergency. it just seems to be less stress for me and that's the whole point of us having a dw. We will probably go to the courthouse right before we leave to DR and keep it a secret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by misskay View Post

 

Hi MrsShoretobe

 

I live In Canada right out side Toronto area.... I have also heard that about Mexico but have done some resaerch and as far as I know when going to DR it is leagal as long as you go trough your embassy and do all the translation requirements. DR recommends going through "wedo"  maybe other bride can give more insight to both of us and clear up all this..

 

 

BRIDES PLEASE HELP US !

 

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

MissKay, I'm not certain about Canada as I live in NY but for the same reason that they want to give you an early ceremony time is exactly why my fiance and I decided to just get married legally here and have a symbolic ceremony out in DR. It was just easier and i don't have to worry about depending on the judge and perhaps having my time moved in an emergency. it just seems to be less stress for me and that's the whole point of us having a dw. We will probably go to the courthouse right before we leave to DR and keep it a secret.

EXACTLY! The less we nutty brides have to worry about the better BangHead.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misskay, I personally would go with the later time (2 PM), as I would not be able to get ready (hair, makeup, etc.) by noon. I was originally offered a time of 11AM and insisted on a later time (although it will only be a symbolic ceremony). I also worried about what will my guests and I would do during the time between the ceremony and reception if we had several hours to waste. The girls wouldn't want to swim (and ruin their hair and makeup), so it would be a looong day in the heat. Food for thought....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies,

 

I have the Strawberry Passion package.  Does anyone know if the huppa is included in this package? If not, does anyone have prices for huppa?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nykat57 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I have the Strawberry Passion package.  Does anyone know if the huppa is included in this package? If not, does anyone have prices for huppa?

 

Thanks

It doesnt list it as included, so might want to check with your resort cord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I am harping on this, but it is because NOONE at the resort can give me answers on flowers. I have vases for 5 tables to fill, but even Susana says she doesnt know how much it will cost. Does anyone have a clue as to how much just a bushel of flowers for 5 tables would be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by nykat57 View Post

 

Hi ladies,

 

I have the Strawberry Passion package.  Does anyone know if the huppa is included in this package? If not, does anyone have prices for huppa?

 

Thanks

Hi, huppa is not included in the strawberry package. I am not sure about the price as we have decided to have a palm tree arch instead of the huppa. Palm tree arch is $85.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MrsShoreytobe View Post

 

 

EXACTLY! The less we nutty brides have to worry about the better BangHead.gif

 

MrsShoreytobe

 

That is the funniest emoticon I've ever seen! And so fitting!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • The cooking method can double the calorie content of a meal, so learn about healthy cooking without having to add extra fats, like using a steamer,  a rotisserie , a slow cooker , a pressure cooker, a grill. Once you cook your own meals, you can control the calorie content because your control the cooking method and all the ingredients. A lot of people are overweight because they keep eating food that they did not cook.
    • I have stayed at Dreams La Romana and Dreams Dominicus.  The two resorts are very different in style and decor. A few comparison points are below and fact sheets are attached for both.   Both resorts are approx 45 minutes from Punta Cana airport, close proximity to Saona Island, Catalina Island and Altos de Chavon. Top championship golf courses in the Caribbean are just minutes away including Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore, The Links and La Estancia – all designed by world-famous Pete Dye. Restaurants are similar at both resorts.  Both offer the Explorers Club for Kids.  Dreams Dominicus  Brand new resort and in 2016 488 rooms (however additional construction was underway) More contemporary style & decor Good beach area Rooms were very nice Preferred Club located in main lobby and adjacent to main pool & beach front Food was good Center plaza area with nighttime entertainment Main lobby is small, but outdoor bar off lobby is nice Dreams La Romana Originally built in 2003 & opened as Dreams La Romana in 2008 756 rooms Recently renovated and new preferred club adults only lounge & pool added  Rooms are more traditional Caribbean decor Grounds are very lush and tropical Good beach area food was good    Dreams Dominicus fact sheet.pdf Dreams La Romana fact sheet.pdf
    • My sister has done it but with the destination wedding, only super close family members and friends came since it was expensive and farther. It was great though.
    • Thanks! I had it printed out. Very useful!!
    • Hello Guys, Are you looking for affordable wedding venue, reception halls, party rentals, outdoor event venue, birthday party venue in mobile al.  Choose Anne-Marie Cottage for your special occasion. Our cottage is an affordable venue for your intimate wedding.   Thank u 
  • Topics

×