Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

I've been told the resort does not charge a fee for him to officiate. I'm using him myself and asked the same question for my WC.

I asked my WC this earlier this week & she said I have to pay $55 for a day pass for him.  :mellow:  I have Ramona right now while Susana is away. I remember reading before that other brides didn't get charged by the resort for using him...

I asked my WC this earlier this week & she said I have to pay $55 for a day pass for him.  :mellow:  I have Ramona right now while Susana is away. I remember reading before that other brides didn't get charged by the resort for using him...

Hmm... I'm supposed to receive a phone call from my WC Aris later today, I'm going to make a note to ask her and confirm. 

Do you ladies mind sharing the prices of your bouquets. ..I'm really on a tight budget. Found someone on etsy who charges 45 a bouquet. I was thinking its still steep bc I have to purchase 6 of them plus mine

Do you ladies mind sharing the prices of your bouquets. ..I'm really on a tight budget. Found someone on etsy who charges 45 a bouquet. I was thinking its still steep bc I have to purchase 6 of them plus mine

If you have the tangerine package, the bride's bouquet is included. I was quoted $45 a bouquet for the bridemaids and chose to have a friend who's making my ring pillow make each of the bridesmaids a small bouquet with flowers made from fabric. My bridesmaids said they don't mind and it's better that than paying $45 for flowers that will be wilted by the end of the night. No one is going to be looking at the bridemaids bouquets and I even read of a previous bride making their bouquets from pom-poms or tissue paper. Save the money where you can!

Yea I agree I don't see the point in spending so much on the bouquets. Wish I had someone to make my bridesmaids bouqets I don't mind fabric. I see a few in fabric and they look nice.

I am just needing to vent and get this off my chest. I am a little frustrated that the cost for an extra hour is so much. I was quoted $17pp which would be close to $1200 for our 70 guests. Hopefully we dont get anymore.

I've spoken to other brides who had destination weddings and to add the extra was no more than $100 to $400. One bride extended for an additional 3 hours for $400 with over 80 guests. I know you can't really compare since they were at different resorts but its hard to wrap my head around.

By the time the guest finish dinner and the program people will only be dancing for hopefully 1.5 hours. Just did not invision our wedding reception to be so short. I know its as easy as heading out to the club after but we have so much family, including my son that I would rather be partyung with than at some bar.

Ok. Rant over. Sorry ladies.

I am just needing to vent and get this off my chest. I am a little frustrated that the cost for an extra hour is so much. I was quoted $17pp which would be close to $1200 for our 70 guests. Hopefully we dont get anymore.

I've spoken to other brides who had destination weddings and to add the extra was no more than $100 to $400. One bride extended for an additional 3 hours for $400 with over 80 guests. I know you can't really compare since they were at different resorts but its hard to wrap my head around.

By the time the guest finish dinner and the program people will only be dancing for hopefully 1.5 hours. Just did not invision our wedding reception to be so short. I know its as easy as heading out to the club after but we have so much family, including my son that I would rather be partying with than at some bar.

Ok. Rant over. Sorry ladies.

Hey chica! I totally agree with you in regards to how costly it is to extend the reception. Who is your wedding planner? I'd keep pressing the issue to see if they'll budge a little. For now that's my plan; bugging Laura about it to see if I can bargain a lower price. It's really frustrating but your guests will understand if you have to move the party to a lounge or to the club. I am also concerned because we are expecting around 100 guests and a 3 hour reception isn't long enough but since I can't afford to extend we'll just go to club if all else fails or I win the lotto!

Center pieces - since I've been following this forum for a while I know that previous brides have discussed center pieces a lot but I'd like to know what you guys are doing to decorate and how much your center pieces are costing. A bride on here graciously sent me the "extras pricing" spreadsheet but I refuse to believe that 1 decent looking center piece will cost $60!!! I've flirted with the idea of buying flowers from afloral and shipping them to DR but it seems like a hassle. 

Up lighting - Is anyone getting up lighting for their reception? Has your WC quoted a price? 

Also, I am having difficulty deciding when to arrive at the resort. How many days prior to the wedding are guys going to be at the resort?

Edited by Tina G

Hi, 

Just letting you know that to book our services you need to do it through the resort and we will include the 2 cold fireworks explosions if you choose the Mc package just let know your wedding coordinator you want us to provide the Dj service for your wedding reception , you can contact us to info@manniapuntacana.com for music details, 

Congratulations !!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152086901637851&set=a.10150121504597851.288407.119994902850&type=1&theater