Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Upshall View Post

Thank you so much Samantha for your review! and congrats! I am so glad your wedding turned out perfect!!

I was also wondering about the whole itinerary thing - like did you know in advance of your menu choice and wedding day itinerary, so that you were able to provide an itinerary to guests? I am the WORST wedding planner ever and i am so confused as to how all of this operates etc. Like I dont want to assume an itinerary and create one to hando ut to all my guests and then it change according to what the wedding coordinator says it should be.

Also - does anyone know how it works with rehersal dinners? do you have to pay extra or can you just reserve a spot at one of the restaurants? or is there a limit as to how many guests?

I have emailed Aria (my wedding coordinator most of these questions and she has still not gotten back to me yet)

Thanks Ladies!

You can ask for the menu before hand, I know pretty much 80% of the details and my wedding isn't until Sept 2014. I need to know my options in advance as well as my prices lol

Don't worry about being the worst, I'm so bad, all I have is the wedding deposit and the travel agent for my guests. You should just create your own itinerary as most brides have and will. 

Rehearsal dinners are ok from what I know for parties of 20 people or less so they will make a reservation for you but anything more than that will cost you per person, I'm not doing it. I'm doing welcome drinks sort of, well I'm just picking a time for everyone to meet me at one of the bigger bars and handing out ,y OOT bags.

Feel free to interrogate me as Aris is also my WC - 

Thank you! that info helps! I am going to create my own itinerary and menu as well and I would like to do a little welcome party to hand out our welcome bags as well but  i am definitely not payng extra for any of that.  I think if I do any kind of rehersal dinner it will just be for our wedding party and our parents, but i will have to figure that out.

We have the Tangerine package...and i have asked Aris what exactly is included in that package for decor options..I have the price list that was given to me for all the extras, but i know there is certain stuff included in our tangerine package, she just hasnt answered me. I am still trying to figure out what to do for centre pieces etc and how im going to get everything down there.

P.s. I pick up my dress tomorrow!! (super excited!!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Upshall View Post

Thank you! that info helps! I am going to create my own itinerary and menu as well and I would like to do a little welcome party to hand out our welcome bags as well but  i am definitely not payng extra for any of that.  I think if I do any kind of rehersal dinner it will just be for our wedding party and our parents, but i will have to figure that out.

We have the Tangerine package...and i have asked Aris what exactly is included in that package for decor options..I have the price list that was given to me for all the extras, but i know there is certain stuff included in our tangerine package, she just hasnt answered me. I am still trying to figure out what to do for centre pieces etc and how im going to get everything down there.

P.s. I pick up my dress tomorrow!! (super excited!!!!!)

I think they provide the menus, it's just one regular option and a vegetarian option - if you want another option it's more money lol... Everyone can eat chicken and if they are still hungry they can eat after the wedding lol lol

I think if the wedding party is small then you can just make reservations somewhere - 

Well with that package, you get small centerpieces which I'm not a huge fan of so I'm bringing my own..also there's an IKEA 5 min away from the hotel lol 

Awesome! so excited for you! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies!  I have been following this forum since September.  First off, thank you!! You guys have been a huge help in the planning process of our big day!  Especially during the several change overs of WC.  I have corresponded with Hildebranda via email a couple times.  Mostly just to make sure that I still had a WC.  

My biggest hang up right now is not being able to proceed with decisions because we do not have a final head count.  From what I have read, this isn't a big concern until right up to the wedding day.

Mostly just wanted to say "Hello" & "Thank you"!   Happy Wedding Planning!  :)

• Like 1

I have not been on here in quite a while as I am no longer able to access the BDW site on my cell... However, my wedding is 28 days away! EEEKKKK!!! I am just now filling in the questionnaire from BBPD and still have not decided what I am going to do about photography (Tropical Pictures or HDC with outside vendor fee). I am also a little panicked as I have so much to do (finish OOT bags, iron on bridesmaid tanks, write our vows, choose our first dance song)!!! Obviously, I am a big time procrastinator... and we have two wee kiddies keeping us busy. Nonetheless, I am confident it will all get done.. and I am soooo looking forward to getting to our tropical destination (it is currently -31 Celsius). Thank you to the recent brides who have posted your reviews... they truly are soooo helpful! I promise to do the same... although it will probably come late :)