Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonMrsD View Post

Well my WC told me its pretty big and not that crowded since its near the lobby, no reservations but I'm sure your WC can save you a certain area so something like that. I am doing this on a Friday so the night before my wedding but before dinner so people can get their goody bags, some drinks and go drop their stuff of at their room then go to dinner and get some rest or wake up with sunglasses and a hangover haha .... We are doing Strikers the day after the wedding since it's Sunday Funday and my FI already has it planned haha

Sounds like good planning. hehe.  Guys will def not miss Sunday Funday.

Hello Ladies, I am back from my wedding and everything was fantastic. We had strawberry package, with ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on the beach, full DJ package with MC, gold photo package and sun video package from Tropical Pictures. WC was Aris. Number of guests – 30. So, I will start the review in order: Rehearsal dinner at the Santa Fe steak house: not bad but waiters forgot to bring the couple with an infant and when they brought the food the couple has left. We asked them to pack the meal, they said ok and then they said they threw out the food. The dinner was on but the restaurant service was bad and not only in this restaurant but in every restaurant we visited. Wedding Day: Preparation 11am: hair and make-up came out perfect; mani and pedi was also good. The hair stylist suggested everything herself and she was very good. I did do the trial hair and makeup and I suggest all of you do the same. Both my bridesmaid and I were in the bridal room which was clean and quite. After Aris met all guests at the Carry Bar and took them to the ceremony, she picked me up from the bridal room. Ceremony 5pm: the white and orange setup was beautiful. Aris suggested that we get huppa and it was well worth it. The symbolic ceremony was short and the minister was hard to understand but we had an idea what he was saying ïŠ The only hiccup was that Aris didnâ€t set up our sand ceremony set properly. We got a forever frame with an insert which is supposed to be taken out before the sands is poured in and put back to hold the sand. She didnâ€t take out that piece so we pretty much buried our picture. When she returned the set to us the day after, that piece was missing and we had to throw out the sand and order the new plate and sand. My suggestion is to ensure that you provide instructions to your WC on everything and not assume that she would know. Also, the minister misspelled my husbandâ€s last name on the certificate and he was very upset about it. But overall everything was good. Cocktail Hour 5:30pm: during the cocktail hour which was set up next to the ceremony, we took pictures and guests had time to relax. Trio finished playing 30 minutes into the cocktail hour so we paid them extra $40 to play till the end. Then Aris called everyone to the train which took the guests to the reception place at the other end of the resort. Reception 6:30pm: the setup looked just beautiful. Aris suggested that we get a dance floor and it was well worth paying for. I highly suggest that if you have a beach reception, you get the dance floor. We ordered tropical centerpieces for each table (5 tables), I brought battery operated tea lights (6 per table) and small white seashells that were lying around the table. We also ordered 6 large led lights. The DJ was paying great music by our request. The MC is so not worth extra $600! He introduced the bride and the groom, the first dance, the parents giving the toasts and then said a few worlds to end the party. If you have someone who can do that for you, donâ€t waste your money. The sparkles during the first dance were a nice touch! The reception was over at 9:30pm, the train took all the guests to the rooms to change and then we meet at the disco at 11pm. The Bavaro disco is a lot of fun! Reception Menu: Aris gave me copies of the menu and asked all guests to fill out their choices a day before. I didnâ€t mind doing that so everyone got what they wanted and the food was very tasty. The chef that cooks wedding food is not from the resort. Reception Bar: Aris upgraded us to the international bar but it was missing two drinks that most of my guests like: mojito and cognac, so that was disappointing. Tropical Pictures Gold Package: the pictures came out much better than I expected. Well worth the $2000. Tropical Pictures Sun Package: the initial version of the video was horrible so the videographer had to do a lot of work on it. The second version came out good but I have seen better wedding videos. Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer!

PICTURES!!!! PLEASE! haha

Glad it wasn't so bad and you had a great time either way, Aris is my WC too

***CONGRATULATIONS***

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary123 View Post

Hello Ladies,

I am back from my wedding and everything was fantastic. We had strawberry package, with ceremony, cocktail hour and reception on the beach, full DJ package with MC, gold photo package and sun video package from Tropical Pictures. WC was Aris. Number of guests – 30. So, I will start the review in order:

Rehearsal dinner at the Santa Fe steak house: not bad but waiters forgot to bring the couple with an infant and when they brought the food the couple has left. We asked them to pack the meal, they said ok and then they said they threw out the food. The dinner was on but the restaurant service was bad and not only in this restaurant but in every restaurant we visited.
Wedding Day:

Preparation 11am: hair and make-up came out perfect; mani and pedi was also good. The hair stylist suggested everything herself and she was very good. I did do the trial hair and makeup and I suggest all of you do the same. Both my bridesmaid and I were in the bridal room which was clean and quite. After Aris met all guests at the Carry Bar and took them to the ceremony, she picked me up from the bridal room.

Ceremony 5pm: the white and orange setup was beautiful. Aris suggested that we get huppa and it was well worth it. The symbolic ceremony was short and the minister was hard to understand but we had an idea what he was saying ïŠ The only hiccup was that Aris didnâ€t set up our sand ceremony set properly. We got a forever frame with an insert which is supposed to be taken out before the sands is poured in and put back to hold the sand. She didnâ€t take out that piece so we pretty much buried our picture. When she returned the set to us the day after, that piece was missing and we had to throw out the sand and order the new plate and sand. My suggestion is to ensure that you provide instructions to your WC on everything and not assume that she would know. Also, the minister misspelled my husbandâ€s last name on the certificate and he was very upset about it. But overall everything was good.

Cocktail Hour 5:30pm: during the cocktail hour which was set up next to the ceremony, we took pictures and guests had time to relax. Trio finished playing 30 minutes into the cocktail hour so we paid them extra $40 to play till the end. Then Aris called everyone to the train which took the guests to the reception place at the other end of the resort.

Reception 6:30pm: the setup looked just beautiful. Aris suggested that we get a dance floor and it was well worth paying for. I highly suggest that if you have a beach reception, you get the dance floor. We ordered tropical centerpieces for each table (5 tables), I brought battery operated tea lights (6 per table) and small white seashells that were lying around the table. We also ordered 6 large led lights. The DJ was paying great music by our request. The MC is so not worth extra $600! He introduced the bride and the groom, the first dance, the parents giving the toasts and then said a few worlds to end the party. If you have someone who can do that for you, donâ€t waste your money. The sparkles during the first dance were a nice touch! The reception was over at 9:30pm, the train took all the guests to the rooms to change and then we meet at the disco at 11pm. The Bavaro disco is a lot of fun!

Reception Menu: Aris gave me copies of the menu and asked all guests to fill out their choices a day before. I didnâ€t mind doing that so everyone got what they wanted and the food was very tasty. The chef that cooks wedding food is not from the resort.

Reception Bar: Aris upgraded us to the international bar but it was missing two drinks that most of my guests like: mojito and cognac, so that was disappointing.

Tropical Pictures Gold Package: the pictures came out much better than I expected. Well worth the $2000.

Tropical Pictures Sun Package: the initial version of the video was horrible so the videographer had to do a lot of work on it. The second version came out good but I have seen better wedding videos.

Let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to answer!