Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

Hey Miss Jali....Yes we are going to use TP. At first I had no desire to use them, but i they actually started updating facebook with new pictures regularly and they are so much better than the samples i got six months ago. I dont know if they hired new people or what. Also my TA has talked to them and they allow you to have a meeting and tell them what kind of photos you want, etc.  

We considered bringing in a photographer (i wanted to use a couple in PC but they will be on vacation during my wedding), but I finally just sort of gave up on that idea the more i saw the newer pictures from TP. 

I think they are expensive but currently my TA is checking into how much it costs to get the rights to all your pictures...as well as we will be customizing a package (I dont need 20 8 x 10's, etc) so hopefully it will work out just fine.

Also we do have the crutch of my FI's family- his sister and his sister in law are both starting photographers we just did not want them to have to feel left out of the partying and fun to be on duty constantly. 

But honestly I think TP does pretty pictures and im not really that concerned about it anymore! :) Im much more aggravated at flower prices these days! :) 

Natalie, when you hear back from your TA on how much it'll cost to get the rights, please let me know. I just showed these packages to the fiance and he seems to want to go with them. Thanks!!

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

I know this isn't the thread for this so i hope you girls don't mind. I really just need to vent a little. So My best friend/bridesmaid decided to get married secretly last week and now is planning this huge wedding exactly 3 months away before my own date. She seems to have forgotten I'm also getting married and wants me to help her with dresses and do her invites. I haven't even gone dress shopping for myself yet and feel like I can't invite her to go with me anymore b/c she'll be like the girls on "Say Yes to the Dress" downstairs looking for her own dress while I'm trying mine on. Everything that has to do with my own wedding will possibly be put on the back burner simply b/c she's going to be married TWICE before my own wedding. Is it wrong to feel this way? Anyone else have this dilemma going on? HELP!!!

It is NOT wrong to feel the way you do.  I would talk to her first before jummping to any conclusions. Is she having a destination as well? That would be REALLY inconsiderate, especially if you guys have mutual friends. Definately give her a chance first to be there for you because she might surprise you. Just be ready to cut ties with her if she does seem like she is not doing her job as YOUR bridesmaid. It is your wedding don't let anyone take your shine away. Instead of "Say yes to the Dress" it might turn into a "Bridezilla" episode! lol

Originally Posted by samsbride View Post

It is NOT wrong to feel the way you do.  I would talk to her first before jummping to any conclusions. Is she having a destination as well? That would be REALLY inconsiderate, especially if you guys have mutual friends. Definately give her a chance first to be there for you because she might surprise you. Just be ready to cut ties with her if she does seem like she is not doing her job as YOUR bridesmaid. It is your wedding don't let anyone take your shine away. Instead of "Say yes to the Dress" it might turn into a "Bridezilla" episode! lol

I just texted her this afternoon and was very coy and just said how i just realized the date she chose was very close to mine. She's so oblivious that she responded, your wedding is in March 2014 and i told her yea...and you're chosing Nov 28 2013, 3 months from my date. I just got back how if it were up to her she'd have a summer wedding, blah, blah. That it wasn't planned, just happened that way. So I know where we stand.

Thank you soo much Trivera5521 for instilling the idea of finding your own photographer and paying for their trip for exchange for photos.

I found a photographer in ATL who did my engagement photos 2 months ago and he did an awesome job. When I read what you had did a couple weeks ago, I decided to get in contact with him and offer a "free trip" in exchange for him to cover my weekend wedding.(Welcome dinner/cocktails for 2 hours, 7 hours of the wedding day, and TTD session for 2 hours). They will be flying in Thursday and leaving out Monday and we agreed to give me full rights and they will give me all prints on a CD edited with 30 airbrushed photos. He as well works with his wife and both will be there!  This option works out well and it will be a lot cheaper than going with Tropical photos. But I will use their video package. cheer2.gif

Miss Jali: You have every right to be upset because I would be as well. But I would discuss it with her. As previously stated, if she is having a destination wedding that would be even more F*** up.

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

I just texted her this afternoon and was very coy and just said how i just realized the date she chose was very close to mine. She's so oblivious that she responded, your wedding is in March 2014 and i told her yea...and you're chosing Nov 28 2013, 3 months from my date. I just got back how if it were up to her she'd have a summer wedding, blah, blah. That it wasn't planned, just happened that way. So I know where we stand.

Wow, its amazing how sometimes people's own agenda gets in the way of what's really important. Its not so much when she is planning her wedding, it's the fact that she seems completely oblivious to what she is doing to you and how it is making you feel. Don't waste your time trying to convince her that what she is doing is wrong.  I don't know her, she may be an otherwise great person caught up in the hoopla of her marriage. Planning a wedding is sooo stressful even if you have a planner and a destination wedding even more so because the bride is in another country so you definately cannot worry about her or what she is doing. If you guys have been friends for a long time it would be a shame to see it end, so my suggestion is to focus on YOUR day. If she calls asking for help tell her you will help IF you can and gently remind her that you have your own things that need to be taken care of first. I think that maybe you can expect her to pretty much check out from here on end.

Originally Posted by disazaja View Post

Good morning everyone!!!!

So most of my guests are staying at the adults only section of the resort because they offer better prices, however, I was reading on the Barcelo website that they dont have access to all the restaurants. Has anyone stayed at the adults only resort ? do you only have access to certain things?

Thank you!!!!

I have not stayed there (going this weekend to BBPD) but I know for a fact as told by my agent and the resort, if you are staying on the Adults only side, you only have access to the resturants that are in that section, you do not have access to the ones on the Palace side. Also, we had originally planned to book the "Deluxe Rooms" and we had, then all the deluxe rooms became part of the adult only, and we found out that they are old and so ont as nice as the suites or even the deluxe golf rooms!

Bjean congrats on finding a local photographer!! I am so glad it worked out, and just as glad to help! Not only is TP prices steep I think even their most expensive package you only get 150 prints (physical or on a CD). In reference to the quality of work I think they have gotten significantly better. They have been posted new pictures on their FB page and are wayyy better than what they showed months ago.  Not sure if they got new photographers or what...whatever they did its much better!  Not to mention your so limited on the coverage time. In any event I will be using them for our video as well however I will say say that I have only seen one video that TP has done, have you had an oppty to see? There was a bride on here that used them for her wedding but she hasnt gotten back to me in regards to seeing her video. I cant remember her name on here but it was something that referenced "TeamTurner"

On another note, ladies we have 2 brides that are at BBPD having their weddings this week! Looking forward to hearing their reviews.

Miss Jali: Girl I am having a very similar situation with my soon to be SIL. She is marrying my brother and a few months after we got engaged they got engaged, we announced our destination wedding a few months later she mysteriously now wants to have a destination wedding. Whatever I am so over being erked about it. We barely speak...I wont share anything about my wedding and I rather not know anything about hers. Sucks it has to be like that since she is marring my brother but what can I say..."I am good and keep it moving". My mother keeps trying to make light of the situation and says its the best form of flattery blah blah blah. Have to tell her mom listen here with that said "Can I just have my moment without having to share it"?! Call me selfish if you want...and then ask me if I care. LOL.

After reading what COCO holly wrote about the deluxe rooms I went to the website to see what the deal was (because i already have guests who reserved that room and were believing it to be in the palace deluxe section) and the whole room description and pictures is not on the site anymore.  Now a deluxe room if the blue golf suite...Im so confused and wondering would my guests who reserved the deluxe room be put in the adults only or would they be moved back to the golf area? Does anyone have any information on this switch?