Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Originally Posted by trivera5521 View Post

Thanks Mandi!!

Did they charge you extra for the double sashes on the chairs? Did you also have them on your chairs during the ceremony?

No problem!  No, they did not charge extra for the double sashes on the chairs, that is included.  I did have both sash colors on the chairs for the ceremony, and then they moved the same chairs to our reception, which was nice to have them for both.  I really liked how they turned out.  Let me know if you think of anything else!

Mandi

New Bride101,

Thanks for the compliment and congrats!  You will love the rooftop! Our ceremony was at 5pm but started more like at 6 because my mother runs on dominican time x 10 lol. The weather was perfect and def. not too hot, however due to starting late, we were not able to get some of the beach shots in wedding attire. I would have liked some, but totally ok with it since we had the pre wedding photo session on the beach and were able to get some pretty cool shots inside. There was no lounge furniture during the ceremony, but I'm sure there would be no problem with having some. Our reception was about 30 mins after ceremony I guess. Our guests were taken by train to Bar Higuey while we had a few more pics by ourselves. The were greeted with these pretty blue drinks that everyone seemed to love. The bridal room was great since the wedding was ceremony was right above the spa. No issues with who could be there. I even had champange ordered and spa cookies since i hadn't had time to eat that day. Hope this helps and feel free to ask anything else :)

WTunner

Just saw your pics and I loved them!

How much was the pre-wedding session? I will like to do somehting like this.

How much were your centerpieces? they were really pretty

Mandi and WTunner, did you extend the party to more than 3 hours?

Thank you so much for your help!!!

Hi guys, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you with the details. So my wedding was on September 1 at BBPD. It was amazing. The place was absolutely beautiful and all of my guests had a great time. Susana was more than accommodating. If anyone has her as their wedding coordinator they should feel blessed. She went above and beyond for me and made my day and rest of my trip amazing. We did the ceremony on the beach and had the reception on the beach at a little tiki bar type bar at the very end of the adults only resort. Originally we were supposed to be in the La Palapa which was beautiful, but was apparently double booked. I feel like I got the better end of the deal because all along I wanted to have my reception on the beach and wasn't willing to spend the extra money per person and since they had double booked my location I got the beach reception at no extra charge. The ceremony on the beach did have people around like others have mentioned but we were all so in the moment I didnt even really notice. And it was sweet there were people coming up after congratulation us in so many different languages. A little something extra that not everyone else has is the way I took it! LOL. I am told by others who were at the wedding that security did a great job moving people away from the ceremony location. I didnt notice this, like I said I was in the moment. Then they had the train pick us up and drive the whole wedding party to the reception location. The train was all decorated with white balloons. It was very cute and a great photo opportunity. The reception site was wonderful. I couldn't have asked for anything better. We arrived and started eating our appetizer, which was amazing (It was the curried marinated chicken with tomato), and before the main course could be served you guessed it, it started to rain. Everyone told me rain on your wedding day is good luck so I will take it. I am a very easy going person and don't let things get me down so I just took it in stride. To be honest it made the night more fun. All of us (there were about 40 people in our party) gathered under the tiki bar and started taking shots and it forced everyone together rather than spread out at the tables were there wasn't much togetherness. While we were bellied up at the bar the hotel was relocating our reception to the convention center which they shortly directed us to. When we got there they began serving the main course, which according to the guests was terrible. No one was the least bit concerned though as it really was not their fault. It took about 45 min to an hour to reset the location so the food being already ready to serve at the time it started raining sat for that period of time and I believe got overcooked from the heat lamps. Without me even having to say anything Susana went out of her way to come up to me and offer to have the entire meal remade, or even offered to upgrade to lobster or anything we wanted. At that point we had all already had quite a bit of alcohol and food no longer was a concern so I told her not to worry about it. They felt SO SO bad about it and Marlene came to the reception to try to make things right. They had already upgraded us to club premium upon arrival but due to the food, which I honestly could have cared less about, they upgraded us again to a club premium panoramic suite. OMG, I can't even begin to explain how bad a$$ that room is. Maid service comes 2-3 times a day and it is just immaculate. I would recommend that room to anyone who can afford it. Anyway, back to the details. The flowers were more than I had expected. The options you see online that they send you are but a small glimpse of what they will let you have, and at no extra fee. Susana actually had the florist come and meet me at the appointment and I gave him a swatch from my wedding colors and he got exactly the kind of flowers I wanted and sprayed them my wedding colors. They turned out beautiful. As for a rehearsal dinner, we didn't actually have one but Susana did make reservations for my close family of 8 for the night we arrived at the Japanese restaurant as it is hard to get reservations for any of the a la carte restaurant the night you arrive unless you are club premium. Oh, and on that note, if you or anyone in your party is considering upgrading to Club premium it is a must. I had read that in many reviews but thought it wasn't worth the extra money. My husband and I were treated 100x better by everyone there just because of our fancy wood bracelets as opposed to the plastic ones everyone else has. Club premium has an air conditioned check in room, where you can also go at anytime for questions or dinner reservations. My parents just had a regular room and would go at like 5 and try to get a reservation or change a reservation and they would tell them there was nothing available or they weren't allowed to make them after 4 pm. I would then walk into the club premium office and get the reservation with no questions asked, That whole thing kind of made me mad that my guests were treated in that way simply because they weren't club premium. Anyway, I am going to try and attach some pictures of the whole thing. Oh, and I did fly in my own photographer as it ended up costing about the same amount and we got way more pictures out of the deal. We even went a few days later to the pier and did pictures in my dress in the water and my husband and I jumped off the dock. It was so much fun. The lifeguard came sprinting and blowing his whistle like I was drowning. We had quite the audience but that didnt matter, the pictures turned out awesome. I am still waiting on the biggest chunk of the pics but I have a good array that I will post if possible. If you have any questions you can email me at christy-lyon@utulsa.edu

Originally Posted by busybride2012 View Post

OMG the pics came out so beautiful!! You are a gorgeous bride! Aww I miss BBPD. Club premium was awesome. We had breakfast there every morning because the buffets were a zoo lol. I get what you mean about better treatment. I had everyone convene in our room and ordered room service b/c it was free for us as a way to get back at the hotel lol. I had Susan as well and she was so awesome. I wish I could do it again! Had I know it was going to turn out so great I wouldn't have spent the time worrying  and enjoyed myself more! We are definately going back there for vaca! Enjoy your marriage and congrats!!