Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Hi ladies!  I just signed up.  Have been reading a couple of pages on this forum and I'm now terrified about my destination choice. 

I've looked everywhere and have considered other options but Barcelo Palace Deluxe seems to be the most economical and convenient choice.  I'm already married (civil), today is my 4th anniversary and we were looking to have a catholic ceremony which is the main reason we chose this hotel - on site church =)

Any words of encouragment?

I just discovered the Barcelo Bavaro.  I have been having a really hard time with my wedding planner at destintionweddings.com and I feel like they are trying to force my fiance and I into a resort that does not fit our needs. Did any of you work with a different wedding coordinator or company? Did you plan your wedding with the Bavaro Independently? 

Oh no Catherine, dont let them bully you into something that you dont want to do. I will say that initially I was seriously considering Paradisus and I had to go through destionweddings.com and their WC and they left a bad taste in my mouth. Although the resort was beautiful once we sat down for our site visit EVERYTHING was extra in any event as such I chose BBPD. I think the majority of us are dealing with the WC directly at the resort and have a seperate person (travel agent) handling the travel arrangments for our guests.

You can reach Marlene who heads up the wedding department at BBPD at bavaro.bodas@barcelo.com Then she will assing you one of the WC. Good luck with your decision and you have the time def take a look through this forum it has tons of info and pics!!

Disazaja: You mentioned in a previous post about getting pricing for the lanterns to decorate Bar Higuey did they ever get that too you? Can you please share what they quoted you?

On another note, cant wait for BusyBride2012 to come back and post her reveiw! So excited to hear how her experience was.

Hi guys, I just joined this website and already it's been a HUGE help. I have decided on the awesome BBPD, my ONLY thing is that the woman I've been emailing is quite slow at getting back to me. I live in Boston, and can't call out to them, or else I would have already! I read that some people have had this problem too, any suggestions about this? I'm so excited to book it and start planning stuff but I feel like I hit a wall!

Hi Bjentil, I saw the pics on pg 17, I was hoping someone on this forum might have some pics with alternate views. Can anyone tell me if there are decorative pools within the space? As for the roof top; yes, we will have to pay extra for this location, $500. I visited the resort this past March and I thought this location absolutely beautiful and would keep other tourists at a distance.

Good Afternoon Ladies, 

I am planning a wedding May 4th, 2013 at Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe for about 40-60 people. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any other locations for a reception besides the beach, banquet hall, and Bar Higuey. As they are not allowing me to reserve Bar Higuey due to it not being available I am struggling to be happy with a reception location. My fiance really does not want it on the beach and feels very strong about that and I can see his point with sand and wind and such. However, I REALLY don't want it in a banquet hall with no windows or view of the outside, I mean we are going to one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I did read a while back that someone was talking about possibly being able to reserve one of the restaurants that had some outdoor seating. Does anyone know that if they allow this. Any information would be great. Congrats to you all!