Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

JG Corona Did the WC tell you you can use one of the restaurants for your rehearsal dinner? I was looking into that but they said it was too many people, about 40, and that a rehearsal wasn't included anyways. So how does yours work? Do you have to pay for the space since the food is free? Or do you have a really small wedding party? If you don't mind me asking. 

Originally Posted by ncordero6504 View Post

MissJali I originally hired a WC from Destinationweddings.com. I paid a $50 deposit and that was it. The WC sets everything up for you. I started to research the company and found alot of negative comments about them saying they are a fraud and then I also found alot of positive comments about them but I just felt uncomfortable with it. The WC I had was very nice. I was a couple days away from signing the contract I received but once i got the 10 pg contract I really started to feel uneasy with the big deposit I had to make which wasnt guaranteed and the contract had alot of miss spellings (kinda bothered me lol) So I just went to a local TA and the rates I got were actually about $60 less (went through travel impressions company for rates) And I like having someone I can go see and visit and talk to about whats going on. Having a WC or TA is definitely great bc they do all the contacting back and forth with the resort and sooo much quicker than me trying to wait for a reply.

Does anyone have information about Day Passes and how they work at BBPD? I have a couple guests staying at a condo out there and will just come to the resort for the wedding day (my wedding is at 4pm). I wasnt sure how much $ or how long the pass is for. I thought the Tangerine package included 2 day passes but was wrong sad.gif

Also, has anyone did the WEDO wedding documentation yet? I'm scared about sending my original birth certificate away to someone! wacko.gif

Wow! Thanks so much for that information Ncordero. I think i will just speak to a family member who is a travel agent to set up different packages for everyone. I really appreciate the information. Has anyone heard from Susana? I haven't heard from her for about a week since I replied to confirm date and time. I'm getting a little antsy now as we just had our engagement party and everyone is beyond excited to hear we're having a destination wedding.

Hi!

sorry to barge in on your thread but I read your question about getting married at BBPD. I just got back and let me tell you, it was AWESOME. One recommendation, though. Try to book in the Garden Gazebo. It's the most gorgeous location and it's super private. It's completely hidden away but a short walk to the beach. I also recommend to get Marlen the photogrophy at tropical pictures. She is the best and took the most beautiful pics. Have fun and enjoy your day.

Thanks so much Nat!

I'm def. going to check it out... my TA called me a few days ago to tell me that although the prices are in they are waiting on wholesale prices... so let's see how that goes... This coming Friday it's going to me my 1 year mark for my 2013 wedding... i'm def. starting to get anxious... but thanks for the info! 

all the posts are very much appreciated ladies! xo 

Eva 

Ladies we are having our welcome party at Hibachi restaurant. There isn't a fee however all the WC does I'd make the reservation for your party to ensure your all seated together. If you want a blocked off area with your own private waiters then they charge you. We chose the Hibachi a restaurant because when we went on our site visit there was a Seperste area in the middle of the restaurant that was a bit private. Although still within the public it has Seperste walls and it's own big hibachi table. The problem is that the space will only accosted ate maybe 25. I posted pics a few pages back of the area. All that to say the WC will make the reservation for you anything above and beyond that you will pay for. Thanks for airport transfer info!! $45 for 6 people is actually a great deal!

Does anyone know if ipod music can be played for the ceremony rather then the trio? and if so is that an extra expense for the equipment? 

Also when you were done with the deposit and got confirmation on your date and time did any brides get an actual CONTRACT sent to them? Im still wondering if that is something I will be getting or what cause we have done the deposit, got a response on that, moved forward with reserving the room and some guests as well...but still no actual contract. 

Natalie: You have to rent the equipment but not sure how much it is. Please post pricing when you receive it. As far as a contract, I made my deposit back in April and I have yet to receive a contract. When I asked she said the invoice is my contract. A bit half ass backwards for sure ..

Marlene quoted us $250 to use a "music system" during the ceremony in lieu of the trio.  We thought that was pretty ridiculous, so we just stuck with the trio.

I don't think we ever got an actual contract.  I guess once you send in the deposit that locks you in.  Just make sure you save all of your emails with your WC and bring a copy of them down with you for your meeting.

Originally Posted by natalieblev View Post

Does anyone know if ipod music can be played for the ceremony rather then the trio? and if so is that an extra expense for the equipment? 

Also when you were done with the deposit and got confirmation on your date and time did any brides get an actual CONTRACT sent to them? Im still wondering if that is something I will be getting or what cause we have done the deposit, got a response on that, moved forward with reserving the room and some guests as well...but still no actual contract. 

thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback. 250 is CRAZY!!! I think if you hire a DJ it should just be included. But we will see how far that wishful thinking goes. :) 

Thanks too about the contract...it is backwards...my TA was saying, "yeah i think you should be getting one." but Im thinking it's not going to happen. Its odd to just throw a bunch of money at someone and then they just say yeah sure come on down. I like things in writing!! 

JG...The date I want is for next September....have you, or are you worried at all about weather situation?  I have been trying to research, and I guess there isn't much you can do about it, I just haven't spoken to anyone else who has had their wedding there in Sept also  yet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by JG Corona View Post

I believe you only have to pay the 30% to hold your reservation the rest of the money you can pay upon arrival of your wedding day. For example I'm paying the rest of the money when I arrive in September.