Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Hi Holly,

Getting the judge to get back to the hotel takes a while, at least it did for me and I requested my wedding day/time more than a year in advance! Even then, he wasn't available the day that I wanted to get married...he was only available the day before at 2pm. I didn't want my ceremony to be on Friday or that early so Marlene gave me the option of meeting with the judge on Friday, signing the paperwork then and having my symbolic wedding the next day. At first I agreed, but then changed my mind since it seems like such a hassle getting all the paperwork together just to have your wedding there. So I gave up the judge and opted to get married in the states before we arrive in D.R. That said, once she does get back to you and, God forbid, it turns out to be at a time you don't want, you can quickly get married in the states and not have to worry about having the time you want once you get down there.

I hope that eases your mind a bit.

Good luck!

Hi ladies...I just joined this forum and was just curious if any of you knew how far in advance you had to book BBPD. I just emailed Susana and filled out the form, however I do not want to put it off for a year. We would actually like to have our wedding early november 2012. Any thoughts? Also did any of you look at any other of the resorts? I have been looking at the Hard Rock Punta Cana and The Riu Palace. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome WTunner!! Your wedding is in a few months...I would def think that Susanna would be getting back to you ASAP to lock something in. There are a ton of beautiful resorts in Punta Cana I think the questions is what is your budget and your guests budget. I found the Hard Rock to be a beautiful resort with great amenities but it would have cost our guests a fortune to attend. I did a few site visits in February and because making our wedding affordable for our family and friends was super important we chose BBPD. Not to mention we were totally sold after having had visited it!! If your have some time go through the forum, it really is a godsend with a wealth of knowledge for all these great brides!! Best of luck and happy planning!!

Originally Posted by Eva1love View Post

Hi Ladies,

This is also my resort of preference... I am a 2013 bride to be... so I do have some time. But there are several Barcelo resorts - if anyone has information on Barcelo Bavaro Palace please post as no one is giving us 2013 brides priority... being that it's still a "long time from now" for many.

Happy Planning!!

xo

Hi I am also a 2013 bride looking at places in the DR. Let me know what you come up with!

Originally Posted by nrbc919 View Post

Hello, I am also interested in Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe for our 2013 wedding, but I have not found much info on it and no brides. If anyone has info please share and whatever info I get I will share as well. I emailed the resort and a WC emailed me back the packages and pricing for extra people

please keep me updated! i am a 2013 bride as well

Hi,

I'm new to using this website.  I got engaged April 2012. I am getting married at BBPD on January 19, 2013. My fiance and I picked the Strawberry Package, but I think we may have to go with the Tangerine Package.  Lianny is our WC. So far she's been responding to us timely....I'm concerned about decorations now.  I hope everyone is having an exciting experience with wedding planning!!!!

Hi,

I'm new to using this website.  I got engaged April 2012. I am getting married at BBPD on January 19, 2013. My fiance and I picked the Strawberry Package, but I think we may have to go with the Tangerine Package.  Lianny is our WC. So far she's been responding to us timely....I'm concerned about decorations now.  I hope everyone is having an exciting experience with wedding planning!!!!

Thanks trivera5521! I appreciate the suggestions....I think that my guests have been my main concern. While Hard Rock is within our budget and seems amazing, we want to make it as affordable as possible for our guests. I have been to BBPD before, but that was 8 years ago and I know they've done some major changes. (the pics look amazing!). I spoke with Susana yesterday because we need to decide asap. She said one of our dates is available so we are super excited! Now I'm just waiting on her email for confirmation and everything else. Makes me feel better that u did the site visits and still went with BBPD. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi MissJali,

Welcome!  Did you try sending it to bavaro.weddings@barcelo.com ?  My wedding coordinator is Susana, and she's been responding via that email address.  Also, if you want a quick response, I suggest calling them in the morning.  Just buy a $5 prepaid phone card and call down there: 809 686 5797  tell them you want to speak with someone about wedding packages, and they will transfer you through.