Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe

Hi March2013 Bride

Congrats on your engagement. I know how you feel I have a million questions everday. I know some of your questions have been answered so I'll answer what I have.

1. I used the travel agency that created this site. I work with "Bab's" Barbara Vong. She is Tammy's sister.

2. We have been having some confusion about whethe or not the Bar-Higuey is included in the Strawberry package or not. I'm waiting on a response from the WC. But it may be like Trivera just stated, It's included but I need to reserve it in order to confirm it.

3.Acording to the last email I received from the WC, the beach reception is an extra $65 per person.

5. We are doing the Strawberry package as well. I'm hoping to not go over $25 people. But if we do, we will pay extra per person.

7. There are no weddings on Sunday's in any of the resorts in the DR. I believe. But I know the BBPD doesn't have any one Sundays.

Canadianawn-

I compared both and the BBPD was my choice by far. I was so drawn to the price since they are a lot cheaper. It seems like they are trying to make themselve a premium resort but have not gotten there yet. I used this site and trip advissors to help me make my choice. I look at recent photos and see if it looks like the website. If it looks all pretty like the site then it's a winner. But BPC still has a lot of outdated buildings and the reviews weren't really good. But BBPD looked amazing for the price, the reviews were good and the pics looked nice, clean and updated on the sites. Plus Trivera did a site visit and compared them. that helped me finalize the choice.

Sorry ladies i know i'm respondijng multiple times but I'm trying to get my post count up with these responses. lol.

But Sunny I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to read you review and see the photo's. I know it's going to be amazing. I will have more questions for you but I'm at work and at some point I need to actually do work. lol

Trivera- I had to provide all the info that I have because I know I want to have all as much info as possible.

OK Brides I have a serious question.

I want to have my wedding at the Bar-Higuey but the response from the WC sounds like she is trying to talk me out of the Bar-Higuey and basically staying that I won't be able to have it. Here is the email she sent me:

The Bar-Higuey it is at the convention center, please be advised if any huge convention is going on on the same date of your wedding we will be re-located to another location, please keep this on mind.

If we are not re-located but they have some activities going on at the convention, you will be seeing people or booth around the area.

People will not be inside of the reception but outside “maybeâ€

Has anyone heard anything like this when trying to book it? I'm going to email her back with more questions but this is getting frustrating. I refuse to have the reception in a banquet hall. I'll pay for another area if it comes down to it. But i really don't want to if the Bar-Higuey comes for free.

OMG October Bride she sent me the same email last night and I was livid!! I feel like I have really been a "sweet" soon to be bride thus far with the planning process and this chick Marlene is seriously going to make me loose my fkn mind!!  As you know I am in the middle of leaving a deposit to "Reserve" Bar Higuey for the reception area. Then she came with this craziness last night.

Really so explain to me what the point of reserving a space?!  I am shocked that there is a possibility of us being forced to relocate our reception after having put a deposit down, that is just absurd to me...whats the point of leaving a deposit? This is a huge factor and was never mentioned to us at any point including the 2 hours we spent at our site visit.  What are our relocation options? When will we know that we cant use the Bar Higuey that we are leaving a deposit for AND is included in our package? I am not at all interested in having it in a Banquet room..we are not traveling to Punta Cana to have our reception in a *$(@(#&@(* banquet room!!!  I sent her an email back last night and they seem to operate on a one email per day basis so I am hoping she will get back to me today. I will keep you posted and please keep me posted if you hear from her too. When we did our site visit there wasnt a whole lot of options for the reception area other than Bar Higuey, Banquet room and I think a restaurant. Either way we are not traveling to DR to have our reception in either a Banguet room or a restaurant! wtf.gifWe really should have a "loosing your mind" smiley for times like this LOL!

Now what I need to know is did they respond the same way to everyone else? And if that is the usual response but you have the Bar-higuey if you reserve it. I haven't received my email back yet. But I notice they seem to be at different times each day. I need to go through the threads some and find a bride that has already been married and PM them. I need to know how this works.

Hello Brides to be!!

I understand your frustration I am going through the same pain.  I requested Bar Higuey and they told me that it was already reserved.. I have asked for other options different from banquet rooms and restaurants I have gotten no response back since last week.  If they get back to me with any info I will make sure to post this info here.  For the brides who are interested in the option of Buffet I finally got those.  Also, if they offer fruit punch for the cocktail hour I just want you guys to know that you can have the option of either national or international open bar which my WC forgot to mention in her first email.  I also have prices for centerpieces, photography packages and extras that I will be glad to email you guys if you are interested.

This is my email elymaraponte@yahoo.com if anybody needs any of this info.  I hope everything works out for us!!!

Hello MinStoon sorry for the late response. I have not been able to check this blog until today.  Well in regards to your question I payed 30% of the Tangerine Package and I thought that included the religious ceremony.  I am also getting married at the Chapel.  I am going to have to find out to see if that is what my WC meant.  I will post here once I found out what the answer is.

Hello Sunny 55143 I am getting married November 24th religious ceremony is booked already but I have no reception venue yet.  I am little worried.  I sent my WC an email to find out what other location they have besides the banquet rooms but I have not gotten any answer yet.  As soon as I have any new info I will post this.

Congrats to all!!!