I have to put in a vent! My parents and one of my relatives are driving me up a wall. To make a LONG story short, here it goes:
- We announced our engagement in December 2009
- We announced to our close family members and friends were were getting married in Mexico in December 2010
- We sent out Save the Date cards in February
- My parents said that they would not attend, and we did not speak until May 2010
- In August 2010, after other family members applied pressure (assumption on my part) my parents agreed to come
- My parents now want me to invite one of THEIR friends who I haven't seen since I was about 18 (I'm now 34)
- My uncle is threatening not to come (he doesn't know this friend of theirs either) if I don't invite this friend of my parents
- I have told everybody to let me know what they're doing (are they in or are they out) by November 17
Seriously, the nerve! After not even wanting to come to their only daughter's wedding for 7 months, now I'm supposed to invite whoever they want?!!? Did I mention Save the Date cards were sent in FEBRUARY and invitations (to the same list of people) in May?
I think this could be a first: a wedding that breaks up the family as opposed to bringing us together. I, for one, would be relieved right now if all of these people decided against coming. Talk about drama....