Heather's Wedding Planning

I want to start off my saying thank you to everyone out there for all your advice, information, and support! I have no idea how I would have done this without this site!!

Ok, so this all started on October 22, 2009 when my FI proposed! It was our 3 year anniversary and we were going out to dinner at our favorite restaurant. That morning he gave me a beautiful necklace as an anniversary present to make sure that I didnâ€t think he was going to propose. And it worked. Once I saw the necklace I figured maybe it will happen on Christmas. So he proposed in our favorite little Italian restaurant and it was perfect. He had my engagement ring custom made by a local jeweler in Center City Philadelphia (William Schwartz on 18th & Chestnut). We also got our wedding bands from him.

DSC_0045.JPG

So the next step was to pick a day and a resort. The day was easy, we just picked our 4 year anniversary 10/22/10. We both already discussed having a DW so that was already decided and we wanted it to be on an island that neither of us never been to before. So the Westin Aruba ended up being our choice. Patrick is our WC and he is amazing! He did an amazing job! So here are some of the pictures from the wedding at the Westin.

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0473.JPG

Next I went to Davidâ€s Bridal and got my wedding dress, both veils (one finger tip length and one cathedral length) and my tiara.

P1010010.JPG

P1010012.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

To be continued.....

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shoes I found in an email from The Knot and I fell in love with them! They are too ivory for my dress but I donâ€t care.

DSC_0011.JPG

We didnâ€t do STDs so we sent out our invitations early on April 1st. We bought them from Wedding Bell Invitations. Unfortunately I ordered the pre-cut invitations and it was a disaster. So I ended up having Staples print and cut them and only used the envelopes and outer black folder.

CIMG1427.JPGCIMG1430.JPGCIMG1432 - up.jpg

Wedding colors were easy; we wanted something classic, so we went with a black, white, and silver wedding. My dress is ivory so to make sure I didnâ€t feel out place at my own wedding our flowers are off-white roses. For my bouquet I wanted off-white roses with some greenery in it. The same went for our flowers on the wedding arch, down the ceremony isle, and the centerpieces.

Wedding Aruba 10-19 to 10-29-10 073.JPG

The wedding cake took a while to figure out. We decided on three tiers and to have the cakes stacked like the first picture and have the tile design from the second picture.

We also wanted edible roses on each tier. The third picture is what we got.

Cake_1.jpgCake_2.jpgDSC_0364.JPG

For the wedding cake topper we wanted to do a figure, but wanted it to be different. So we picked out a generic funny cake topper and I found an Etsy artist to make it for us so the cake topper has the same dress on, same hair color as us, etc. Well it didnâ€t turn out well. The quality isnâ€t great, it cracked in 5 different places, and I had to paint areas that werenâ€t painted and correct the hair colors and the dress. I didnâ€t take a picture of it before I fixed it.

DSC_0359.JPGDSC_0361.JPG

Next is the OOT bags. Since we donâ€t have many people coming to the wedding (at one point it was 16 and now only 11 are coming) we decided to spend a little money on the bags. I ordered the actual bags on Vistaprint. The puzzle books are from Penny Dell, the Advil and Aleve we got from my Mom who works in a doctors office, the mini alcohol bottles are from online (there is Absolut, Baileyâ€s, Barcardi,Jack Daniels, and Tanqueray Gin), bug repellent wipes from Target, the deck of cards from online, pens from Rite Aid for $0.50 for 10, and the candy, chips and mints are from BJâ€s Wholesale.

Wedding Aruba 10-19 to 10-29-10 047.JPGWedding Aruba 10-19 to 10-29-10 048.JPG

For the OOT bags I did Welcome Booklets. I took ideas from other brides and a few of my own and put them in mini photo albums I got at Michaelâ€s for $1. I also got all the stickers from Michael's. I will post the file of the welcome book later.

We also sent out a pre-Aruba letter and a packing list to everyone and again I will post that later.

The menu cards I also ordered off of Vistaprint.

DSC_0371.JPG

The chair sashes, table runner and dinner napkins were all from tableclothsfactory.com

DSC_0375.JPG

The sand ceremony kit I got from Etsy.

DSC_0077.JPGDSC_0234.JPG