Bubba Kegs

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#181 Vancouver Bride

Vancouver Bride
  • Site Supporter
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Erinmc--what what your cost per person for the mug and personalization? Did you order online or go around to several stores? They look amazing!!!

#182 sosodj

sosodj
    • 199 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

For all you Canadain brides, do you think that it would be worth it to make a trip to the US to pick these up or wait until there is a sale nearby?

#183 sosodj

sosodj
      • 199 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:50 AM

To All my US friends, has anyone seen an Bubba end of season sale of  mugs at their local walmart or target stores? 

#184 RachelTX

RachelTX
        • 116 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 

hi ladies - I wanted to share what I did to personalize my bubba kegs. I ordered some vinyl letters from an Etsy seller, ACJInspirations (I customized the font and letter size to 3", but see her listing as an example: IMG_0012.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

These look amazing!  My only question is, how difficult is it going to be to travel with them?  Do you just plan on checking an extra suitcase for your OOT bags?  I am just in the beginning process of planning my wedding and trying to wrap my head around the logistics of larger items for OOT bags.  

#185 Peach

Peach
          • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by RachelTX 

These look amazing!  My only question is, how difficult is it going to be to travel with them?  Do you just plan on checking an extra suitcase for your OOT bags?  I am just in the beginning process of planning my wedding and trying to wrap my head around the logistics of larger items for OOT bags.  

What we decided to do is hand out most of our OOT bags the night before departure, or at the airport. Almost everyone will be leaving from the same airport as us, and since that airport is a ways away from where we all live (even though we all live in different places), quite a few of us will be staying the night before in a hotel near the airport (also good for parking the car while gone!). So we will be giving what we can then, and another one or two at the airport. So we will probably only have to take 3-4, max, with us, for the people going earlier (FI's parents) or meeting with our group further along at our Toronto stop over. So that should not be too bad, hopefully.

That is, of course, if everything goes to plan!

#186 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
            • 614 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

we packed a large box (the max luggage size allowed) with bubbas, bags, freeze-dried rose petals and larger items like bulky shoes. the cost was $30 for the extra suitcase, but it worked out just fine. we also fit in the mini bottles of aloe and after sun lotion, as well as ceremony essentials like straw fans and programs. I had a lot of stuff for my small wedding party of 12, but everything fit! : )

#187 McLecker

McLecker
              • 194 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

In case anyone is still looking - canadian tire has bubba kegs going on sale on July 20th. 50 per cent off! Just got the advance notification. It may still be cheaper for me to buy them on the bubba website bc I need over 50 but thought I would let you all know.

#188 Peach

Peach
                • 1,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Thanks! I just checked and I got the email too... Strange how sometimes the email notifications work, and sometimes they don't.

#189 melcrna80

melcrna80
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 79 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

Great deal!- wish I lived in Canada!

#190 McLecker

McLecker
                    • 194 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:38 AM

We are struggling between spending the extra money and getting the real Bubba Kegs from the online Bubba shop (Canadian tire didn't have enough stock) or going the Factory 21 or Discount Mug route which still look great but aren't the hardcore ones. We have over 50 people coming so we will get a discount on bubba mug site (15% off) but that is still a lot on mugs. Anyone have any thoughts on whether or not people appreciate the bubbas or if they would know the difference?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users