Photo

Can someone provide samples of playlist/song suggestions 2010/2011

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

I've been going through and trying to read song suggestions, but I realize a lot of the songs brides provided are for the past years. Does anyone have a current playlist that they don't mind sharing that they're using for their upcoming 2010/2011 wedding?

I need song suggestions for the ceremony, first dance, parents, cake cutting and when the dancing starts. All help provided is appreciated!

#2 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

I got married this month and here is what I used. (Non traditional stuff)

We used a guitar/accoustic type theme to keep it consistent:

Bridesmaid processional - Joshua Radin, A Friend Like You

Song for the bride - Luluc, I Found You

Signing the fake certificate thing - Jose Gonzalez, Heartbeats (only played for 30 seconds)

Recessional - Hall n Oats, You Make My Dreams Come True

For our cocktail reception we used spanish guitar type stuff

First dance - Finley Quaye, Your Love Gets Sweeter Everyday (we slowed it down using some software so it was a lot slower and easier to dance to)

I honestly cannot remember what song my father and I danced to, he chose it and it was a surprise for me. I was just overwhelmed and slightly drunk at the time so I wasn't 100% focused but for some reason I think someone said it was from a cinderella movie. Not 100%

I'm not sure if we had a song for cake cutting. I'm going to go with no but it was quick it took like 20 seconds.

I can post our dancing playlist this weekend.

Music is such a personal thing though but anyway that's what we used!

#3 ashley1316

ashley1316
      • 353 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:10 AM

OMG i am in the same boat, and i feel like this is going to be the hardest part of the "planning" I have noooo idea what my party should walk to during the cermony, nor do i know what i should walk down to......urgh!

#4 JennW818

JennW818
        • 267 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

I am also having a really hard time planning this part.  Love your choices so far.

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#5 JanineA

JanineA
          • 2,482 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hi there, if you search there is already a thread on this and the last few pages of the thread contain some of the more recent brides entire playlists. Hope this helps, here it is: http://www.bestdesti...entire-playlist

#6 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

Thanks Janine this was very helpful!

Originally Posted by JanineA 

Hi there, if you search there is already a thread on this and the last few pages of the thread contain some of the more recent brides entire playlists. Hope this helps, here it is: http://www.bestdesti...entire-playlist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users