Photo

Had to Brag...Turks & Caicos reigns at World Travel Awards

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 06:52 AM

The Somerset on Grace Bay was awarded "Turks and Caicos' Leading Boutique Hotel" at the 17th Annual World Travel Awards. In addition, Grace Bay Beach received the title of the Caribbean’s Leading Beach for the 5th year in a row! 

Karen Whitt, President of the TCHTA and theThe Somerset  General Manager said, “Winning accolades from the World Travel Awards is one of the highest honours that any destination could hope to achieve and we are delighted to receive the recognition. Nominated by travel agents worldwide, these awards provide visitors with a true reflection of the views and opinions of the travel industry. We would like to congratulate all winners and applaud the fantastic work that they are doing to keep the destination at the forefront of visitors’ minds”.

The American leg of the World Travel Awards was held at the Sandals Whitehouse European Village & Spa in Jamaica on October 22nd. Heralded as the Oscars of the global travel and tourism industry, the event recognises the very best of the travel industry and is one of the few travel awards that is voted for by travel professionals from over 180,000 travel agencies, tour and transport companies and tourism organisations in over 160 countries across the globe. The ultimate goal of the World Travel Awards is to highlight outstanding destinations and resorts within the tourism industry and in particular those which consistently excel beyond expectations.

#2 Brandy

Brandy
    • 2,628 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 07:13 AM

Yay for Turks & Caicos!!!!!

#3 TA Becky

TA Becky
      • 68 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:14 AM

Yay!! Great news Janine! I can't wait to see your pics when you get back :)

#4 82turtles

82turtles
        • 297 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 09:44 AM

Exciting!!! I would LOVE to have a T&C wedding, but that was just out of my budget!

Just a couple weeks now.. good luck with all the last minute things and hope your ceremony goes great!

#5 Brandy

Brandy
          • 2,628 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:00 AM

Shouldnt you be working on your planning thread LOL

#6 mistibuard

mistibuard
            • 444 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 10:12 AM

WooHoo that's great news for ALL of us T&C Brides! I would start naming all of you, but I don't want to leave any of you out!

**Beaches Turks & Caicos- March 12, 2011**

#7 JanineA

JanineA
              • 2,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

LOL! Yes ma'am...lol. I've actually been uploading pics making sure I have everything and am ready to go. 

Originally Posted by Brandy 

Shouldnt you be working on your planning thread LOL

#8 Brandy

Brandy
                • 2,628 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 08:36 AM

LOL, I cant wait to read it!

#9 meBonidie2be

meBonidie2be
                  • 402 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

nice